Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship, formerly known as Maulana Azad Scholarship, is a national-level scholarship started for the benefit of girl students belonging to minority communities. Started with the objective to financially support the meritorious girl students, Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship disburses a scholarship amount of up to INR 6,000 to the selected minority students of class 9 to 12. Funded by the Government of India and implemented by Maulana Azad Education Foundation, almost 5,89,838 girl students have received the benefits of this scholarship till now.
- The last date of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2022-23 registration is 30 September 2022.
- Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Rewards
- Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Key Dates
- Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Important Dates
- Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Application Process
- Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Key Documents
- Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Selection Process
- Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Renewal Policy
- Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Application Status
- Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
- Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – FAQs
- ✔️ Q. What is Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
- ✔️ Q. How can a student check his/her Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Status?
- ✔️ Q. Is Maulana Azad Scholarship for Girls same as Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
- ✔️ Q. What is the last date to apply for the Maulana Azad Scholarship/Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
- ✔️ Q. Who can apply for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
- Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Contact Details
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Rewards
The previously known Maulana Azad Scholarship provides financial aid to minority girl students to help them complete their schooling without facing any financial hurdle. The scholarship is given for admission, course/tuition fee and maintenance allowance. The details of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship amount are highlighted below.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Award Money
|Class 9 and 10||Tuition fee, books & stationery expenses, boarding/lodging charges||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of INR 10,000, which will be released in two instalments of INR 5,000 each per student|
|Class 11 and 12||College/School fee, books & stationery expenses, boarding/lodging charges||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of INR 12,000, which will be released in two instalments of INR 6,000 each per student|
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Key Dates
This minority scholarship is generally announced every year in the month of July and its deadline falls in the month of September. However, this year due to the pandemic, the scholarship dates have been The key dates to apply for the scholarship in the year 2022 are mentioned below
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Important Dates
|Start of online registration for scholarship applications||20 July 2022|
|Late date to submit online scholarship applications||30 September 2022|
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is meant for only girl students belonging to the six notified minority communities which include Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain and Parsi religions. The details of the eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
- Applicants studying in class 9 to 12 can apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grades (aggregate) in the previous class.
- The annual family income of the candidate must not be more than INR 2 Lakh from all sources.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Application Process
To make the scholarship application process easy for the applicants, the Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) allows students to apply online for the scholarship through its scholarship portal. Find below the steps to fill the Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship application form.
- Visit the official NSP website
- Applicants applying for the first time need to register themselves on the National Scholarship Portal by filling the ‘Student Registration Form’.
- A page of Guidelines for Registration on NSP will open.
- Go through the guidelines carefully.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Fill in all required details.
- Click on ‘Register’.
- The applicants must log in using the registered mobile number and date of birth to fill the scholarship form.
- Click on the login button to start the scholarship application.
- While filling the scholarship form, applicants need to give information regarding their bank details, marks details, parents’ occupation and income details.
- Students also need to upload the required documents and then, finally submit the application form.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Key Documents
Before filling the registration form, the applicants are advised to keep all the necessary documents with them. The size of each document must not exceed 200 KB and should be in JPG, PNG or PDF format. The list of documents that the candidates need to have with them is highlighted below.
- Recent passport size photograph of the applicant
- School verification form attested by the Principal of the school/institute
- Mark sheet of the last exam passed attested by the Principal
- Parents/Guardians’ income certificate issued by a competent authority declared by the State/UTs Administration.
- Self-declaration of minority community certificate by the applicant
- Self-certified copy of the first page of bank/postal account passbook which should be in the name of the applicant (either single or joint account with her parents)
- A copy of the applicant’s Aadhaar card (in case of unavailability of Aadhaar card, applicants can submit a birth certificate, BPL card or Rashan card)
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Selection Process
The applicants for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship are selected on the basis of their annual family income. The applicants with at least 50% marks in the previous exam are selected for the disbursal of the Begum Hazrat Scholarship based on the lower-income criteria.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Renewal Policy
Since the applications are open for all the classes, i.e., classes 9 to 12, any application for renewal of the Begum Hazrat Scholarship will not be entertained. Students need to apply afresh for each class in order to avail the benefits of this minority scholarship.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Application Status
The applicants can check the status of their scholarship application on MAEF Scholarship Portal by entering their application details such as scholarship category, identification details and date of birth. Click here to check the status of your application.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
There are a few terms and conditions that should be followed by the applicants while filling the application form. The details of some of them are highlighted below.
- Begum Hazrat Scholarship is disbursed among students of each State/UT on the basis of the minority population in each State/UT as per Census 2011.
- Applicants with the lowest income are given preference during the distribution of the scholarships.
- While submitting the income certificate, candidates must provide a self-certified English/Hindi version of the income certificate if it is in the regional language.
- An applicant must submit only one application form. More than one application form is considered duplicate and thus, it is rejected.
- Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode is used to transfer scholarship amounts into the Beneficiary account.
- Begum Hazrat scholarship is only given to pursue an education in India.
- Student availing of the scholarship cannot take a transfer to another educational institution except in case of extraordinary circumstances. Also, migration should be in the interest of the student’s academic career.
- Students already availing of one scholarship implemented by the Central or State government is not eligible for the Begum Hazrat Scholarship.
- The scholarship is discontinued in case of an academic gap in the studies of the student.
- In case of any false information by the applicant to obtain the scholarship, Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship stands cancelled and the paid scholarship amount is recovered by the State/UT government.
- The scholarship once discontinued is not revived under any circumstance.
- All the rules and regulations specified by the authority are subject to change from time to time.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – FAQs
✔️ Q. What is Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is a national level scholarship for minority community girl students. Introduced by the Maulana Azad Education Foundation, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India, this scheme supports the education of girl students studying in Class 9 to 12. This scheme was earlier known with the name of Maulana Azad Scholarship for Girls.
✔️ Q. How can a student check his/her Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Status?
The students who have applied for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship can check their application status online only through the official website of MAEF. The home page carries a 'Status' tab from where the applicants can track their application status. They must provide details like scholarship category, identification details and date of birth to view their application status.
✔️ Q. Is Maulana Azad Scholarship for Girls same as Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
Yes. Earlier, the name of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship was Maulana Azad Scholarship for Girls.
✔️ Q. Who can apply for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
The scholarship is open for minority community girl students who are studying in Class 9 to 12. They are required to have obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate in the previous qualifying examination. Also, the annual income of the family should be less than INR 2 lakh per annum from all sources.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Contact Details
In case of any query regarding Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship, the applicants can contact the Scholarship Incharge:
Maulana Azad Campus,
Chelmsford Road, Opposite New Delhi Railway Registration Centre,
Phone No: Phone: 011-23583788, 011-23583789
About Maulana Azad Education Foundation
A non-profit making, voluntary, non-political social service organization, the Maulana Azad Education Foundation works towards promoting education among minority communities of the society which include Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain and Parsi religions.
List of State Scholarship portal are as follows:
Scholarships for Uttar Pradesh
Scholarships for Maharashtra
Post Matric Scholarships disbursements through ePass
Jnanabhumi online portal of Government of Andhra Pradesh
Scholarship portal of Jharkhand
Government of Madhya Pradesh, MP scholarships
Karnataka education board, ePASS Karnataka
TS epass scholarship is offrering by Telangana Govt
Scholarship Portal Government of Punjab
E-Grantz portal, Government of Kerala
Minorities under Government of Karnataka, GOKDOM
Oasis scholarship portal, West Bengal scholarships
Chhattisgarh Scholarship Portal
SJE Rajasthan Scholarship Portal, Government of Rajasthan
Digital Gujarat scholarship, Government of Gujarat.
HP ePass scholarship portal, Himachal Pradesh
West Bengal Scholarship Schemes, West Bengal
Government of Bihar Post-Matric scholarship SC/ST/BC/EBC
Scholarship for BC, MBC and Minorities, Govt of TamilNadu