CG Post Matric Scholarship is a joint initiative of the Department of ST and SC Development and Department of Tribal Welfare of Chhattisgarh. Under this scheme, a financial assistance has been provided to the ST, SC, and OBC students of the state who are studying at post matric level.
The Chhattisgarh government strives to address the challenges faced by the education system, particularly in the tribal regions of the state. Hence, they have been actively offering various scholarships and welfare schemes to address the issues. The Central Government has also allocated a considerable amount of INR 160 crore to support the higher education of around 2,80,000 students in Chhattisgarh. The funding will help promote the importance of education and motivate students to pursue higher studies.
This article provides an overview of the CG post-matric scholarship scheme, mentioning all the important details such as the application process, eligibility, last date to apply, benefits, and others. Interested students can go through this detailed article before applying to ensure a seamless scholarship journey.
Latest Update – The online application process to enrol students in this scholarship scheme has started for the academic year 2022–23.
CG Post Matric Scholarship – Overview
|Name of the Scheme||CG Post Matric Scholarship|
|Provider||A joint inititaive of ST & SC Development Department and the Department
Department of Tribal Welfare of Chhattisgarh
|Beneficiary||Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Other Backward Castes (OBC)|
|Benefits||Up to INR 3,800 (per annum)|
|Application Start Date||27th April 2023|
|Application End Date||8th May 2023|
CG Post Matric Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
The students need to meet the following eligibility criteria to be apply for the scholarship scheme –
- Domicile: The applicants must be a permanent resident of Chhattisgarh.
- Educational Qualification: The applicants must be studying in Class 11 and above (postgraduation) and have scored 50% and above in their last qualifying examination.
- Income: For Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) applicants, the annual income of the applicants’ family must be less than INR 2,50,000 and for OBC applicants, it must be less than INR 1,00,000 per annum.
CG Post Matric Scholarship – Awards
Based on the SC/ST and OBC categories, the award amount differs. The award details are listed below –
Award Details for SC/ST Students –
|Hostellers||INR 3,800 per annum|
|Non-hostellers||INR 2,250 per annum|
Award Details for OBC Students –
|Hostellers||INR 1,000 per annum (for Class 11)
INR 1,100 per annum (for Class 12)
|Non-hostellers||INR 600 per annum (for Class 11)
INR 700 per annum (for Class 12)
CG Post Matric Scholarship – How to Apply?
Students are required to follow a few steps to apply for the scholarship. The steps are as follows –
Step 1: Visit the official website of Chhattisgarh Post Matric Scholarship Portal.
Step 2: Navigate to the ‘Students Corner’ at the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Register Yourself’ option.
Step 3: Read the given details and instructions carefully to proceed further.
Step 5: Enter all the required details and upload the necessary documents to apply for the scholarship.
Step 6: Take a print of the application form for future reference.
CG Post Matric Scholarship – Application Fee
There is no application fee applicable to apply for the Chhattisgarh post matric scholarship. Students are required to meet the eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship scheme.
CG Post Matric Scholarship – Documents
Here is the list of documents required for each candidate to apply for the CG post matric scholarship –
- Domicile Certificate of Chhattisgarh
- Birth certificate
- Caste certificate
- Applicant’s parent’s/guardian’s income certificate
- Applicant’s recent passport-size photograph
- Self-attested copy of the last qualifying mark sheet/certificate
CG Post Matric Scholarship – Key Things to Remember
- Once the applicant submits the application form, no changes can be made. Hence, it is important to fill out and check the registration form carefully before submitting.
- The registration process for the scholarship is provisional. The final registration will be approved only upon successful Aadhaar e-KYC authentication of the student’s personal information.
- It is mandatory to complete the Aadhaar e-KYC authentication process to validate and verify the student’s details before the registration is considered final. This authentication step ensures the accuracy and authenticity of the provided information, securing the integrity of the scholarship programme.
- The scholarship amount will be credited to the applicant’s Aadhaar-linked bank account. Hence, it is also important to check and ensure that the bank account number is active and linked to the registered mobile number.
- If the applicant does not have an Aadhaar-linked bank account, it is advised to to visit the bank and obtain a bank consent form to receive the scholarship amount. The scholarship amount will be credited as DBT.
CG Post Matric Scholarship – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to get the consent form to link Aadhaar to bank account number?
Applicants are required to visit the official website of the post matric scholarship portal of Chhattisgarh - postmatric-scholarship.cg.nic.in. Under the Student Corner, select the last option - ‘Download Consent Form for Aadhaar Seeding to Bank Account Number’ and click on it to download the form.
How to make corrections to the submitted application?
Applications with incorrect information or details will be temporarily rejected by the institutes and sent back to the applicants. Once the application is sent back, the applicants can make the necessary corrections and submit it to the institutes.
Can students still login if they have forgotten their login details?
It is advisable to keep a proper note of the login credentials. However, if the students forget their login credentials, they can recover them by clicking on the ‘Forgot user ID or password’ link mentioned below the login section. They will get the option to recreate their password and recover their user ID through their registered email ID or mobile number.
What if a student enters a wrong email address while applying?
In such cases, students are required to contact the district office of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and get their email ID corrected. However, if the students' applications are temporarily rejected, they can update the required information through the online portal.
Is it possible to change the caste category in the application form after applying?
It is not possible to make any further changes to the application if students have provided incorrect caste category information. However, they can contact the district office of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and get their application deleted. Once done, they can re-apply for the scholarship if the deadline has not passed.