Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
The Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24 is a CSR initiative of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) that aims to provide financial assistance to underprivileged students pursuing undergraduate engineering courses at specified 20 NITs across India and encourage them to pursue their higher studies, gain self-confidence, achieve independence and become employable. Under this scholarship, students enrolled in 1st year engineering courses at specified institutions in the academic year 2023-24 will be provided with a one-time fixed scholarship of INR 50,000 to continue their higher education.
About Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is a central public sector enterprise in India that operates under the purview of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. As India's second-largest government-owned downstream oil producer, BPCL manages three refineries located in Bina, Kochi, and Mumbai.
BPCL is a model entity with social responsibility that is deeply enshrined in its vision and value system. Being a leading organization, it recognizes its responsibility towards the community and has been working conscientiously for the betterment of weaker sections of society for years. As per its CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) policy, its core focus areas are Education, Environment Sustainability, Skill Development, Health & Sanitation, and Community Development and BPCL Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program is one of its CSR initiatives to support higher education of meritorious underprivileged students.
Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24
- Open for students enrolling in the 1st year of undergraduate engineering courses in the academic year 2023-24.
- Must be enrolled in any of the following 20 NITs across India in the academic year 2023-24:
- NIT Warangal
- MNIT Jaipur
- NIT Trichy
- NIT Calicut
- SVNIT Surat
- VNIT Nagpur
- NIT Kurukshetra
- MNIT Allahabad
- NIT Surathkal
- NIT Jalandhar
- NIT Patna
- NIT Goa
- MANIT Bhopal
- NIT Jamshedpur
- NIT Raipur
- NIT Rourkela
- NIT Durgapur
- NIT Silchar
- NIT Meghalaya
- NIT Agartala
- Must have scored at least 55% marks in Class 12 examination.
- Annual family income of the applicants should be less than INR 8 lakh.
- Children of employees of BPCL and Buddy4Study are not eligible.
- Students already receiving scholarships from other sources are not eligible
- Preference will be given to SC/ST/OBC/Women candidates
One-time fixed scholarship of INR 50,000
The applicants are required to attach the following documents:
- Marksheet of Class 12
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card/Voter ID card/driving license/PAN card, etc.)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Letter of recommendation from the college authority (duly signed and stamped)
- SC/ST/OBC certificate issued by authorized personnel (if applicable)
- Family income proof (ITR Form-16/income certificate from competent government authority/salary slips)
- Certificate of disability (for students with disabilities)
- Bank account details of the applicant (bank passbook/cancelled cheque)
- Recent passport-size photograph
How can you apply?
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land on the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered on Buddy4Study - Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile number/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Previous Year Scholarships And Results
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
011-430-92248 (Ext-321) (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 06:00 PM (IST))email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process for ‘Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24’?
The selection of scholars for the Medhaavi Engineering Scholarship Program 2023-24 will be made on the basis of their academic merit and financial background. It involves a multi-stage process as detailed below -
- Shortlisting of candidates based on the eligibility criteria
- Telephonic interview of the shortlisted candidates followed by document verification
- Final selection of scholars
If selected, how will I get the scholarship amount?
The scholarship will be transferred directly into the accounts of the scholars.
I am a first-year student in a B.Tech. (Computer Science) program in a private engineering college. Can I apply for this scholarship?
Yes, you can apply for this scholarship. Only candidates enrolled in 1st year of undergraduate engineering degree program in the academic year 2023-24 at specified 20 NITs are eligible.
I am currently pursuing my 4th year of engineering course at NIT Trichy for the academic year 2022-23. Am I eligible for this scholarship?
No. You are not eligible to apply for this scholarship as it is only open for those candidates who will be enrolling in 1st year engineering courses in the academic year 2023-24 at specified 20 NITs.
Will I get this scholarship for subsequent years of my studies?
No. This is a one-time scholarship. However, the final decision on subsequent year scholarship renewal will lie with BPCL based on the availability of funds.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more