Scholarship 2023 by Kotak Mahindra Bank is a CSR project on ‘Education and Livelihood’, initiated by Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited to provide financial assistance to students from underprivileged sections of society who are residents of Tamil Nadu to help them to continue their higher education after passing out 12th standard.
Under this scholarship programme, students from Tamil Nadu who have completed their Class 12 from government schools and are currently pursuing graduation from institutes of repute (NIRF accredited) in the fields of Engineering, Medical (MBBS) and Law will receive a scholarship of up to INR 2 lakh per year to pay off their academic expenses.
This article provides a deeper insight into this scholarship programme in terms of its application process, eligibility, documentation, and other needful information. Read further to have a detailed understanding of this scholarship and its application process.
Scholarship 2023 by Kotak Mahindra Bank – An Overview
Established in 1985, Kotak Mahindra Group is one of India’s leading financial services conglomerates. In February 2003, Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd. (KMFL), the Group’s flagship company, received banking licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), becoming the first non-banking finance company in India to convert into a bank – Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
The table given below consists of the essential details about the scholarship program for quick reference.
Detailed Overview of Scholarship 2023 by Kotak Mahindra Bank
|Name of the Scholarship||Scholarship 2023 by Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|Provider Detail||Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited|
|Award||Scholarship amount of up to INR 2 lakh* per year or the actual expenses incurred towards college fees, college hostel fees, study material, laptop, etc. (against valid receipts) will be given to each selected scholar till completion of their graduation courses.|
|Last Date to Apply*||March 12, 2023|
*The application deadline mentioned above is tentative and may change at the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Scholarship 2023 by Kotak Mahindra Bank – Key Dates
Along with the above information, the candidates are also required to keep track of the important dates of application to this scholarship programme. The applications for Scholarship 2023 by Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited are currently open. The last date to submit the application forms is March 12, 2023.
Scholarship 2023 by Kotak Mahindra Bank – Eligibility
- Open for students who are domiciles of Tamil Nadu.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the first year of graduation at institutes of repute (NIRF accredited) in the fields of Engineering, Medical (MBBS) and integrated Law.
- Stduents must have completed their Class 12 from Tamil Nadu government schools with a minimum of 80% marks (NOTE: For orphan students, children with disabilities, a lower mark may be considered).
- Applicant’s annual family income must be less than or equal to INR 5,00,000.
- Children of employees of Kotak and Buddy4Study are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship 2023 by Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited – Award Details
Scholarship amount of up to INR 2 lakh* per year or the actual expenses incurred towards college fees, college hostel fees, study material, laptop, etc. (against valid receipts) will be given to each selected scholar till completion of their graduation courses.
Scholarship 2023 by Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited – Application Process
Eligible candidates can apply for the Scholarship 2023 by Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited online by following the steps mentioned below –
- Visit the official scholarship page.
- Read all the details carefully and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective category of scholarship.
- Login to Buddy4Study using a registered ID to land on the ‘Online Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register with your Email/Mobile Number/Gmail account.
- Read the instructions on the ‘Scholarship 2023 by Kotak Mahindra Bank’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
The applicants are required to attach the following documents –
- Class 12 marksheet and passing certificates
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card/ voter id card/driving license/PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Family income proof
- Bank account details of the applicant (bank passbook/cancelled cheque)
- Recent passport size photograph
The selection of scholars for the ‘Scholarship 2023 by Kotak Mahindra Bank’ will be based on the academic merit and financial background of applicants. It involves a multi-stage process as detailed below –
- Initial shortlisting of applications based on their academic merit and financial background
- Telephonic interview of shortlisted candidates followed by document verification
- The final selection and the awarding of scholarship will be at the discretion of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
In case there are any queries related to this scholarship programme, its eligibility, the application process, award details, or selection process, one is requested to connect through the contact details given below –
Phone: 011-430-92248 (Ext- 317)