New Delhi, 28 December 2021 – The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has invited students to apply for the CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child 2021. They have also announced the renewal of online applications of ‘CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child Scholarship X Pass awarded in 2020 (Renewal 2021)’.
Furthermore, the Board has requested the schools under CBSE to process the online application of the students as per the guidelines issued for this scheme. The online Single Girl Child Scholarship application process has already begun from 27th December 2021 and the registration portal will remain open till 17th January 2022. The female candidates interested in availing the scholarship can apply online via the official CBSE website – www.cbse.gov.in.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship – Scheme Details
CBSE started the Single Girl Child Scholarship scheme in 2006. The objective of this scheme is to recognize the efforts of parents to promote education among girls and provide encouragement to meritorious students.
Under this scheme, the girl students who have passed class 10 examination from CBSE affiliated schools can apply for this scholarship. If selected, they will be given INR 500 per month. This scholarship will be provided to the students for 2 years and the distribution of the amount will be made through the following way:
|Class||Scholarship Per Month||Total Scholarship|
|Class 11th||INR 500||INR 6000|
|Class 12th||INR 500||INR 6000|
|Total Scholarship for 2 years||INR 12,000|
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
There are a few specific eligibility criteria that applicants must go through before applying for this scholarship to avoid cancellation of their applications.
- The single girl child applying for the scholarship should be an Indian national
- She should be from CBSE affiliated school while studying in Class 10 and continue to study in CBSE board while pursuing education in Class 11 and 12
- She should attain at least 60% in her Class 10 exam
- The cost of tuition fee should be less than INR 1,500 per month in Class 10
- When in +2 classes, the school fees should not have increased by more than 10% from that in class 10
- She will need to produce an original affidavit duly attested by the First-Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/ Executive Magistrate/Notary as per the prescribed format available on the CBSE website
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship – How to Apply?
Interested and eligible candidates must follow the below steps to apply for the scholarship scheme:
- Visit the official website of CBSE – www.cbse.gov.in.
- Click on ‘Single girl child scholarship X-2021 REG’ available on the homepage
- Select the application type – fresh or renewal
- Download the application form, enter the details and submit it.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship – Request to Schools on Application Verification
On Monday, CBSE has requested Principals/Heads of the CBSE Affiliated Schools to go through the guidelines of the Single Girl Child Scholarship X-2021, which is available on the official website of CBSE. As per CBSE, schools must verify all the online applications submitted for the scholarship between 31st December 2021 to 25th January 2022.
— Hindustan Times (@htTweets) December 27, 2021
CBSE’s Official Notification for Schools