CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by November, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) invites applications for CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child 2020 from single girl children who have passed CBSE Class 10 examination in the year 2020. The scholarship aims at supporting meritorious single girl students who are the only child of their parents to continue their further school education of Class 11 and 12. The selected girls will receive INR 500 per month for a maximum period of two years.
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Be a single girl child of her parents
- Have passed CBSE Class 10 examination in 2020 with 60% or more marks
- Be pursuing studies in Class 11 and 12 at any CBSE affiliated school whose tuition fee is not more than INR 1,500 per month
A scholarship of INR 500 per month will be sent through ECS/NEFT to successful girl students.
- Duly filled and attested affidavit (original) by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/SDM/Executive Magistrate/Notary
- Attested undertaking by the School Principal where the student is studying
How can you apply?
In order to apply, follow the steps given below-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Click on 'Fresh Application' or 'Renewal Application'.
Step 3: Enter the candidate's roll number and date of birth (as printed on the class X grade sheet).
Step 4: Fill in all the details carefully and submit the form. (Kindly write down the registration number shown on the page for all future communications).
Step 5: Print the undertaking as provided in the 'Guidelines' document, fill it, paste the photograph and get it attested from school.
Step 6: Make an affidavit according to the format given in the 'Guidelines' document.
Step 7: Scan the above two documents, i.e. Affidavit and Undertaking so as to create a PDF file of up to 1MB size. The PDF should contain all the pages (in case of multiple pages).
Step 8: Go to the 'Upload Document' option and upload both the documents.
Step 9: Go to print 'Confirmation Page' option and generate the confirmation page.
Note: Only the applicants who successfully apply and complete the application will be able to generate a confirmation page. Also, the students applying for renewal need to send the duly filled and signed confirmation page to the following address -
"Scholarship Unit”, CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2 Community Centre, Delhi – 110092
Online application deadline (fresh and renewal) - 21st December 2020
Last date for submission of hard copy of the application (renewal only) - 08th January 2021
The selection of the candidates will be based on their academic merit.
Terms and Conditions
- The awarded scholarship shall be renewed for a period of 1 year on successful completion of class 11. Renewal also depends on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 50% or more marks in aggregate in the examination which determines her promotion to the next class.
- The renewal/continuation of the scholarship, in cases where a scholar gives up the chosen course of study before its completion or if she changes the school or course of study, shall be subject to prior approval of the Board.
- Scholarship once cancelled shall not be renewed under any circumstances. The decision of the Chairman of the Board shall be final and binding in all such matters.
- Any resultant dispute arising out of this scholarship scheme shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the court situated in Delhi/New Delhi only.
- The scholarship is also open for NRI applicants of the Board. The tuition fee of the NRIs has been decided maximum of INR 6,000 per month.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more