Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24 is a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative of SWAYAM Charitable Trust that aims to provide financial support to underprivileged students pursuing B.Tech. courses at 11 prestigious engineering institutions across India. Under this scholarship program, students enrolling in the first-year of B.Tech. courses at selected institutions will be provided with scholarships to cover their academic expenses such as tuition fees, hostel fees, food and related expenses.
This article offers detailed information about this scholarship programme in terms of its application process, eligibility, documentation, and other needful information.
Read further to have a detailed understanding of this scholarship and its application process.
Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24- An Overview
SWAYAM Charitable Trust is a not-for-profit organization engaged in CSR activities and is a philanthropic initiative by Mr. Ajai Chowdhry, a Padma Bhushan awardee and one of the founders of HCL, and his family. The trust has helped numerous students to pursue their education, and their scholarships have been instrumental in helping these students achieve their goals.
The table given below consists of the essential details about the scholarship program for a quick reference.
Detailed Overview of Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24
|Name of the Scholarship||Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24|
|Provider Detail||SWAYAM Charitable Trust|
|Scholarship Type||Merit and means based|
|Last Date to Apply*||September 10, 2023|
|Application Mode||Online through Buddy4Study portal|
*The application deadline mentioned above is tentative and may change at the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24- Key Dates
Now, with this brief piece of information, it is important to have knowledge of some other details. But before referring to them, the candidates are necessarily required to keep track of the important dates of application to this scholarship programme. The applications for Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24are currently open. The last date to submit the application forms is September 10, 2023.
Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24- Eligibility
- Students joining the first-year of B.Tech. courses at any of the following 11 institutions can apply:
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT-Kharagpur)
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IIT-Hyderabad)
- Indian Institute of Technology Patna (IIT-Patna)
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT-Delhi)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT-Bombay)
- Indian Institute of Technology Goa (IIT-Goa)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing (IIITDM) Jabalpur
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIIT-Delhi)
- Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee International Institute of Information Technology Naya Raipur (IIIT NR)
- Jabalpur Engineering College
- National Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (NIAMT, Ranchi)
- Annual family income of the applicants should not exceed INR 6 lakh p.a from all sources.
- Only students not covered by any other scholarship scheme are eligible to apply (self-declaration from students is essentially required).
- Children of employees from Apollo Trading and Finance Private Limited, BFL Investments and Financial Consultants Pvt. Ltd., SWAYAM Charitable Trust, and Buddy4Study India Foundation are not eligible.
Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24- Award Details
- A total of 28 beneficiaries will be awarded scholarships based on the actual fee structure.
- The scholarship fund will be provided for academic expenses such as tuition fees, hostel fees, food, and related expenses.
- The duration of the scholarship will be 4 years subject to meeting the specified criteria for yearly renewal.
Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24- Application Process
Eligible candidates can apply for the Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24online by following the steps mentioned below –
- Visit the official scholarship page.
- Read all the details carefully and Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective category of scholarship.
- Login to Buddy4Study using a registered ID to land on the ‘Online Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register with your Email/Mobile Number/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24- Key Documents
Applicants are required to upload the following documents at the time of application:
- Government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter ID/Driving License/PAN Card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Bank account details of the applicant
- Family income proof
- Photograph of the applicant
- Statement of Purpose (SOP), describing the immediate and long-term goals of the applicants, reasons for choosing the particular institution and reasons for being interested in the chosen field (in about 500 words)
- Passing certificates and marksheets of Class 10th and 12th
- Date of birth proof
Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24- Selection Process
The selection of scholars for Aspire Scholarship Program 2023-24 is a multi-stage process where students are selected on the basis of their academic merit, SOP and economic background. The steps involved in the selection process are as follows –
- Online application form submission
- Document verification
- Telephonic interview of shortlisted candidates post document verification
- Short listing of applications based on merit, financial need and SOPs
- The shortlisted candidates will undergo the final online interview round conducted by the panellists of SWAYAM Charitable Trust
- Final selection of scholars will be done by SWAYAM Charitable Trust
In case one has any queries related to this scholarship programme, its eligibility, the application process, award details, or selection process, one is requested to connect through the contact details given below –
Phone: 011-430-92248 (Ext- 330)