New Delhi, 17 March 2022 – The deadline for the post graduate (PG) scholarship offered by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has been extended till 25 March 2022. Interested candidates can now apply for the scholarship on AICTE’s official website.
The last date for online application is now set to 25 March and the deadline for student verification by institutions – including the re-submission of defective applications at AICTE web portal – is now 31 March 2022.
The council announced the decision to extend the deadline through a tweet that reads, “Last date for the submission of online applications under #AICTE PG Scholarship Scheme has been extended up to 25th March, 2022.”
Last date for the submission of online applications under #AICTE PG Scholarship Scheme has been extended up to 25th March, 2022.
— AICTE (@AICTE_INDIA) March 16, 2022
Late Applications Will Not be Entertained – AICTE
Although the scholarship deadline has been extended, the council has clearly stated that late applications for the PG scholarship will not be entertained. It has asked the students to apply as soon as possible to avoid last-minute issues.
The council stated in this regard, “The students who are eligible and are admitted in the AICTE-approved institutions and AICTE-approved courses, as per scheme guidelines, may submit their application in the portal. The students are advised to submit their online applications well in time so that their institutions are able to verify applications within the prescribed timelines. Applications received after the last date will not be entertained.”
AICTE has also advised all its eligible institutions to verify the applications of the students immediately as soon as they receive applications on the AICTE PG scholarship portal.
What is AICTE PG Scholarship?
AICTE PG scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship sponsored by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The aid is provided to Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) and Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)-qualified students of India.
The scholarship was started to boost the development of technical education in India and is awarded on a monthly basis to students pursuing master’s degrees in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, or Pharmacy domains. Under this scholarship, it is mandatory for the beneficiaries to undertake 8-10 hours of teaching and research work as assigned to him/her by the institute.
AICTE PG Scholarship – Amount & Duration
- The scholarship offers monthly financial assistance for a period of 2 years to qualified candidates.
- After being selected, candidates receive a scholarship amount of INR 12,400 per month subject to their satisfactory academic performance and abidance by the rules & regulations of the university/institute they take admission in.
- The scholarship is for a duration of 24 months only or for the duration of the course (whichever is lower), and is not extended under any circumstance.
AICTE PG Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Here are the eligibility details that applicants must fulfil in order to receive the benefits of the PG scholarship:
- Applicants must have a valid GATE/GPAT score in order to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidates must have been admitted only into AICTE-approved institutions or universities.
- Applicants must have secured admission in a full-time AICTE-approved programme in the field of engineering, technology, architecture, or pharmacy such as Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Architecture, or Master of Pharmacy.
Note: Students who take admission into approved programmes before or after the GATE/GPAT validity are not considered for the scholarship. In addition to that, candidates who take admission in non-sponsored categories, students who secure admission through management quota, and foreign students cannot receive the AICTE PG scholarship.
AICTE PG Scholarship – Documents Required
Here are a few necessary documents that applicants must have while applying for the AICTE PG scholarship scheme:
- Scorecard of GATE/GPAT
- Copy of bank passbook
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Copy of National Population Register (NPR) card – if available
- Caste certificate – if the applicant belongs to SC/ST/OBC/PwD categories