New Delhi, 22 April 2022 – The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is offering 1 lakh internship opportunities in the domains of Networking, Programming, and Cyber Security. The internships are offered under the Cisco Virtual Internship Program 2022 by the Cisco Networking Academy and its partners.
Students who are in their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year of engineering or technical degree courses are eligible to participate in the program. The internship period will last 2 months and interested candidates need to apply on the official AICTE internship website by 30 April 2022.
Note: The internship program is not to be confused with the Cisco India Standard Internship Program (which is managed separately through the Cisco career page).
|Program Name||Cisco Virtual Internship Program 2022|
|Offered by||AICTE in collaboration with Cisco and NASSCOM FutureSkills PRIME|
|Offered to||1st, 2nd, and 3rd year engineering or technical degree students|
|No. of Internships Available||1,00,000|
|Last Date to Apply||30 April 2022|
AICTE Internship with Cisco – How to Apply?
- To apply for the scholarship, students first need to visit the official AICTE internship portal (link given below).
- On the homepage, aspirants will find a search bar, where they can enter the keyword ‘cisco’ and click search.
- A list of internship options will appear on the results page. Find the one titled ‘Cisco Virtual Internship Program 2022’.
- Click on ‘View Details’.
- The internship description page will come up on the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Apply Now’.
- On the window that appears, click on Register Now.
- Register by providing all the details.
- Then, re-visit the user login page.
- The user login page will appear on the screen.
- Select the user type from the given list (Note: Internship aspirants need to choose ‘Student’).
- On the next pop-up window, click CONFIRM.
- Enter Email and Password to log in.
- The application form will appear on the screen.
- Fill up the form and download it for future reference.
AICTE Internship with Cisco – Next Steps
- After students complete the registration process at the AICTE internship portal, they can start completing the required courses by contacting their NetAcad instructor and completing their courses on netacad.com or via the Cisco internships pathway at FutureSkills PRIME.
- To start the internship, students will be requested to provide proof of course completion and digital badges. Only after this will they be approved for the virtual internship program.
- Approved students will be invited to attend a Cisco industry session, where they will work under the guidance of a NetAcad instructor and focus on the problem statement assigned to them.
- On completion and submission of their project work, students will be required to undertake a final quiz.
- After completing the quiz, students will receive a virtual internship certificate.
Note: In case of any doubt, students can contact their NetAcad instructor (available at their respective institutes) or write to Cisco at email@example.com.
AICTE Internship with Cisco – Eligibility Criteria
Only those students can apply for the internship, who are:
- Pursuing an engineering/technical degree program or specialisation.
- Available for a 2-month duration.
- From Cisco Networking Academy institutions.
To apply for the internship, please click here.
Also Read AICTE Tulip Finance Internship 2022
AICTE Internship FAQs
Are AICTE internships paid?
AICTE internships are structured, short-term, and focused around particular tasks or projects with defined timescales. An internship may be compensated or uncompensated depending on opportunity to opportunity.
Why is an internship important?
An internship offers the opportunity to gain work experience that helps students put their education into practice, develop their leadership skills, and get a competitive advantage as they pursue a permanent position.
Will I get a certificate from the AICTE Cisco Internship?
Yes, a virtual internship certificate will be given after the successful completion of the 2-month program and passing the final quiz.
What is the last date to apply for the internship opportunity?
The last date to apply for the internship is 30 April 2022.