New Delhi, 21 October 2021 – The deadline to apply for UP Post-Matric Scholarships has been extended to 25 October 2021. Students who failed to apply on time can still put in their applications through the UP Government’s scholarship portal.
Earlier, the deadline to apply for the scholarships was 21 October 2021. However, many students could not register due to time constraints. Due to this, the Principal Secretary of Social Welfare in the UP Government, K. Ravindra Naik, instructed the department to extend the deadline for these scholarships.
As per the dictum dated 19 October 2021, the application deadline is postponed from 21 to 25 October and the date for students to submit their application letters to academic institutions has been extended from 25 to 27 October, respectively. The date for institutions to verify and aggregate all applications is still set at 28 October 2021.
Note: For more information, you can read the entire circular here.
What are UP Post-Matric Scholarships?
UP Post-Matric Scholarships are jointly known as the Dashmottar Scholarship. These are disbursed by the UP Government’s Department of Social Welfare and aim to offer financial assistance to underprivileged students in Class 11 and upwards.
The UP Government has divided these scholarships according to the educational levels and categories of students. The UP Post-Matric Scholarships are provided to students belonging to General, SC, ST, OBC, and Minority categories.
UP Post Matric Scholarships: How to apply?
Candidates can apply for Post-Matric UP Scholarships by visiting the UP Government’s scholarship portal.
Here is a 7-step process to register for the scholarships:
- Visit the UP Government’s scholarship portal.
- Register on the ‘UP Government’s Scholarship and Fee Reimbursement Online System’ as a new user and take a printout of the registration slip for future reference.
- Once registered, apply for a ‘Fresh Application’ under the ‘Student’ section by logging in with your registration number, date of birth, and password.
- Fill in all the required details required in the scholarship application form.
- Upload a passport-size photo along with other documents like residential proof, income certificate, mark sheets, and caste certificate (if applicable).
- Review the information you have provided and make sure that all details are correct.
- Submit your form and take a printout of your filled application.
Note: You need to attach other supporting documents with your printed application form and submit these at your educational institution to complete the application process.
To keep updated on the latest news related to the education domain, please follow Buddy4Study.
To know more about UP Post Matric Scholarships – Detailed List of Post Matric Scholarships.