State Scholarship Portal Pre Matric Scholarship 2022-23 is an initiative taken by the Government of Karnataka. The aim of this scholarship is to support underprivileged students from Class 1 to Class 10 by providing them with monetary help. The scholarship amount will be directly provided to the bank accounts of the students.
Students belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC) are eligible for the SSP Pre Matric Scholarship. Eligible students can apply for this scholarship by enrolling on the State Scholarship Portal. It is maintained by the Karnataka government.
SSP Pre Matric Scholarship 2023 – General Overview
|Name of Scholarship||SSP Pre Matric Scholarship|
|Eligibility||Minorities students studying in Classes 1 to 10|
|Last Date to Apply||January 20, 2023|
SSP Pre Matric Scholarship 2023 – What is SSP?
State Scholarship Portal (SSP) is a web-based application to help students from underprivileged communities who get financial assistance for their education by the state Government of Karnataka. Applications for both pre-matric and post-matric scholarships are approved by the Government of Karnataka and the e-Governance centre. Students enrolled in the SSP portal are eligible to get financial assistance for their education from the state government.
SSP Pre Matric Scholarship 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should be a domicile in Karnataka.
- Candidates must belong to the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC).
- Candidates should be pursuing studies from Classes 1 to 10.
- The family income of the candidate must not exceed INR 1 lakh per annum.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in their last qualifying examination. Class 1 students are excluded from meeting these eligibility criteria to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The parents of the candidates who are not in regular jobs and are unable to provide basic requirements like education to their children are eligible for the scholarship.
SSP Pre Matric Scholarship 2023 – Application Process
- Interested candidates need to visit the official website of the SSP scholarship
- They need to create an account to proceed further with the registration process and select the ‘Pre-Matric’ options on the homepage.
- Candidates need to enter their SATS ID and click on the ‘Get Data’ tab.
- Candidates need to check the data displayed on the screen and then click yes to move forward if the entire data is correct.
- Next candidates need to enter a mobile number to generate an OTP.
- Using the OTP candidates need to put the password according to the guidelines and click on the submit button.
- A user id and password will be generated for each candidate once the OTP is verified.
- Generated ID and password will be shared with all the candidates on their registered mobile numbers.
SSP Pre Matric Scholarship 2023 – How to Log in?
- Candidates need to use their generated id and password to login into the SSP scholarship portal.
- Under the students’ login page candidates need to provide basic information like Aadhar details, caste certificate, income certificate, NSP ID and all other mandatory personal details.
- Next, they need to click on the ‘Save and Proceed’ button.
SSP Pre Matric Scholarship 2023 – Documents Required
- College Registration Number / Students SATS IDAadhaar Number
- National Scholarship Portal ID
- Income/Caste/EWS Certificate number in the name of the student
- e-Attestation Numbers
- Disability Card Number
- FRUITS ID(Applicable for students who are children of farmer/s)
- Valid email ID and mobile number
- e-Attestation of fee receipt is not required for all students studying in Karnataka
Note: The Government of Karnataka has introduced the Fruits Karnataka Portal to organize and scrutinize the data of the farmers. Through this portal, the farmers can easily avail benefits of various schemes introduced by the state government. The full form of the Fruits portal is farmer registration and unified beneficiary information portal.
How to create an account on SSP Scholarship Portal 2023?
To create an account in the SSP portal, candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Interested candidates need to visit the official website of the State Scholarship Portal (SSP)
- Next, they need to choose Pre Matric Scholarship by clicking on the required link.
- Then, they need to click on the ‘Create Account’ tab.
- Candidates need to select yes if they have their Aadhaar number.
- Next, they need to enter the details related to Aadhaar and click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Candidates need to enter their mobile number and email id.
- Then an OTP will be generated and sent to the registered mobile number.
- Next, the candidates need to fill in their basic information like nationality, caste and other details.
- After filling up all the information and saving it, the account will be created.
Department-wise Helpline Number
|Department Name||Helpline Number|
|Scheduled Tribes Welfare Department||(080)-22261789|
|Department of Minority Welfare||(080)-22535931|
|E-Attestation/ Post Matric Scholarship queries for help desk||(080)-35254757|
|Department of Social Welfare||9008400010/ 9008400078|
|Department of Backward Classes Welfare||(080)-8050770005|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is SSP Pre Matric Scholarship 2022-23?
SSP Pre Matric Scholarship 2022-23 is offered by the Government of Karnataka to students from Class 1 to Class 10 belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC) or any other minority background and domiciles of Karnataka.
What are the basic eligibility criteria for SSP Pre Matric Scholarship 2022-23?
The basic eligibility criteria require all students of classes other than class 1 to secure at least 50% marks in their last qualifying examination. The family’s annual income should not exceed INR 1 lakh from all sources. Candidates must belong to the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC) or any other minority background.
Who provides the SSP Pre Matric Scholarship?
The Government of Karnataka is providing this scholarship. The scholarship is limited to the domiciles of Karnataka.
Is SSP Pre Matric Scholarship paid monthly?
Sometimes, the scholarship is received by students before starting school. It also gets distributed in installments or in several cases in the middle of the semester.