SN Bose Scholarship, also known as SN Bose Scholars Program, is a student exchange program between top institutions of India and the United States initiated by the Science & Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward. Started with the aim to nurture and encourage the next generation of innovators and thinkers, SN Bose Scholarship helps students experience world-class research facilities and interact with other dynamic students. Generally announced during the months of September or October, bachelor’s or master’s degree students are eligible to apply for SN Bose Scholars Program. The selected candidates receive a stipend, health insurance and airfare as scholarship.
In this article, you will find all the important details regarding the SN Bose Scholarship. These details include key dates, scholarship rewards, eligibility criteria, application process and more. Find below the highlights of the SN Bose Scholars Program.
Overview of SN Bose Scholarship
|2.||Rewards||Stipend, health insurance and airfare|
|3.||Eligibility||Bachelor’s or Master’s degree students from India|
|4.||Application process||Apply online through the official IUSSTF portal|
* The application period mentioned above is tentative and subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Now read the complete details of this scholarship as mentioned below.
SN Bose Scholarship – Application Period
Initiated with the objective to motivate Indian students to take up research as a career, SN Bose scholarship is a 10-12 week long internship program. It is usually announced in the last week of September every year. As for the deadline, it falls at the end of October month. Highlighted below is the timeline of the SN Bose Scholars Program.
Key Dates of SN Bose Scholarship
|3.||Start of Internship||Mid of May|
* The dates mentioned above are tentative and may change as per the wish of the scholarship provider.
SN Bose Scholarship – Rewards
Through this exchange program, SN Bose Scholars Program provides an opportunity for the selected students to interact with students of top US institutions and exchange visions and ideas through science and technology. The students selected under this scholarship become eligible to receive the following rewards:
- Stipend for the duration of student’s stay in the US to complete the internship
- Health insurance
- Air-fare to cover travel expenses from own country to host country and vice-versa
SN Bose Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
This SN Bose Scholars Program works to build a long-term collaboration between India and the US through R&D linkages. And to be eligible for this program, the students need to fulfil certain eligibility conditions. Find below the eligibility conditions required for this scholarship.
- The applicants must be Indian citizens pursuing bachelor’s or master’s degree program from a recognised educational institution in India.
- The applicants must be studying Atmospheric & Earth Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Mathematical & Computational Sciences and Physical Sciences.
- The candidates must keep in mind that only those applicants are eligible who have a minimum of one year remaining for the completion of their course in India.
- Also, the candidates are accepted for this internship program through nominations/endorsements only. The institutes can nominate 2 of their best students from each discipline per department.
- PhD candidates are not eligible to apply for the SN Bose Scholars Program.
SN Bose Scholarship – Application Process
IUSSTF allows applicants to apply online for the SN Bose Scholars Program through their Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs. Follow the step by step guide given below to fill your application form of this scholarship.
- First, the candidates need to visit the home page of IUSSTF and take the cursor to the tab ‘Program Portfolio’ then ‘Visitation and Fellowships’ tab given under it and click on ‘SN Bose Scholars Program’.
- Now, the applicants need to scroll down and click on ‘For Indian Students’ which takes them to the scholarship page for Indian students.
- The candidates need to scroll down and click on ‘Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs’ highlighted with yellow colour with opens a new page where applicants can find the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Now, the applicants must click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and read all the information.
- The candidates must click on ‘Start Application’ and fill all the necessary details to register as the new user. A link is sent to the registered email id which the candidates are required to click so as to verify their account.
- Now, the applicants must login to the Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs with the registered email id and click on ‘Apply for – Start Application’.
- Fill all the required information in the application form for SN Bose scholarship.
- The candidates must keep in mind that they can preserve the entered information using the ‘Save’ button given at the bottom of the form and retrieve the saved information using their login credentials.
- Finally, the candidates must upload the scanned copies of the necessary documents and submit the application form.
SN Bose Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
There are a few terms and conditions that the applicants must know before applying for the SN Bose Scholars Program. Find below the list of terms and conditions of the SN Bose Scholarship.
- The applications of only those candidates are considered who are studying in the subject field mentioned above under ‘Eligibility Criteria’.
- There are no partner universities under this internship program. The scholarship provider tries to make placements based on the area indicated by the selected students in the application form.
- Also, the students with a biology background should consider applying for the Khorana Program for Scholars.
- The candidates studying in the 1st semester of master’s degree need to submit their bachelor’s rank certificate and mark sheet.
SN Bose Scholarship – Contact Details
In case of any query regarding SN Bose Scholars Program, the applicants can contact Dr Chaitali Bhattacharya of Indo-US Science and Technology Forum at the address and email ID mentioned below:
Address: Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road, New Delhi- 110001
For more research-related scholarships/fellowships, read ‘Canara Bank Scholarship Portal for UGC Schemes – Know All About It’.
Also read, ‘Education Loan for Study Abroad’ to know financial opportunities available for students wishing to study abroad.