SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program is an initiative of SBI General Insurance Company Limited. This program aims to provide optimum financial aid to the COVID-19 affected students so that they can complete their education without any constraint. Indeed, it is a noteworthy attempt on the part of SBI General Insurance Company Limited as a massive number of students have lost their parents/guardians due to COVID-19. It is widely known by now that COVID-19 has been a nightmare to all and has forced several families to go through emotional, psychological and financial crises. Amidst such crises, students have been affected the most. It is at this juncture that this scholarship program comes as a huge relief to students who wish to resume their education. Such a noble initiative deserves to be disseminated among the masses.
This article will help you in having a deeper insight about this scholarship program in terms of its application process, eligibility, documentation, and other needful information. Read further to have a detailed understanding of this scholarship and its application process.
- SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – An Overview
- SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Key Dates
- SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Eligibility
- SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Award Details
- SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Application Process
- SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Key Documents
- SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Selection Process
- SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Contact Details
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – An Overview
SBI General Insurance Company Ltd is a joint-venture general insurance company of State Bank of India (SBI) and other investors. It has introduced this scholarship as part of its CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) activity to offer a robust financial aid to the COVID-19 affected students. As this scholarship program aims to give bright minds a chance to be blooming scholars, the major thrust is on the accessibility and affordability of education to the selected students.
The scholars selected for this scholarship will be entitled to receive the following awards:
- For Class 9 to 12 students, the scholarship is worth INR 29,500 per annum
- For Graduation students, the scholarship is worth INR 38,500 per annum
However, there are two additional aspects that must be kept in mind while applying for this scholarship program. They are as follows:
- The scholarship amount is inclusive of computer/tablet/mobile allowance to every candidate with an upper limit of INR 8,500 per beneficiary.
- The scholarship fund is supposed to be utilized only for academic purposes. These purposes include tuition fees, hostel fees, internet access, books, stationery items, online learning set-up.
The table given below consists of the essential details about the scholarship program for your quick reference.
Detailed Overview of SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program
|Name of the Scholarship||SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship|
|Provider Detail||SBI General Insurance Company Limited|
|Eligibility||COVID-affected students from Classes 9 to 12 and Graduation|
|Award||INR 29,500 per annum for Class 9 to 12 students|
INR 38,500 per annum for Graduation students
|Last Date to Apply||31st October 2021|
|Announcement of Results||2022 (Tentative)|
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Key Dates
Now, with this overview, it is important to have knowledge of some more details. But before referring to them, the candidates are necessarily required to keep track of the important dates of application to this scholarship program. The applications for SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 are currently open. The last date to submit the application forms is October 31, 2021.
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Eligibility
To procure the benefits under the SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021, the candidates are essentially required to fulfil a set of certain conditions set by the provider. These conditions include –
1. Open for Indian nationals only.
2. Students who have witnessed either of the two crisis situations as follows:
- Lost their parent(s)/earning family member since January 2020
- Earning family member lost their job/employment during COVID-19 pandemic
3. Applicants must be studying in standards 9 to 12 and undergraduate (General and Professional courses).
4. Applicants should be currently enrolled.
5. Annual family income of the applicant should be less than or equal to INR 6,00,000 from all sources.
6. Children of employees of SBI General and Buddy4Study are not eligible.
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Award Details
As mentioned earlier, INR 29,500 per annum scholarship is reserved for Class 9 to 12 students and INR 38,500 per annum is reserved for the Graduation students.
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Application Process
If you find yourself eligible for the SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021, you can apply for it online by following the steps mentioned below –
Step 1: Visit the official scholarship page.
Step 2: Read all the details closely and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Step 3: Login to Buddy4Study using your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’. If not registered, register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Gmail account.
Step 4: You will now be redirected to a separate application instruction page. Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
Step 5: Fill in the required details in the online application form and upload relevant documents
Step 6: Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
Step 7: Double-check application details in ‘preview mode’ and click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Key Documents
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhaar card
- Family income proof like Salary Slip, Form 16, Income Certificate, ITR, etc.
- Marksheet of previous educational qualification
- Current academic year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Proof of crisis (death certificate or proof of job loss)
- Reference from a person who knows the family’s crisis such as a school teacher, doctor, head of school, college, or a government officer.
- Bank account details of the scholarship applicant or parents (cancelled cheque/passbook copy)
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Selection Process
The selection for the SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program will be decided on the basis of the academic merit and socio-economic background of the candidates. It involves two stages as given below –
- Initial shortlisting of applicants as per their academic merit and financial background.
- Telephonic interview of selected candidates followed by document verification for final selection round.
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 – Contact Details
In case you have any queries related to this scholarship program, its eligibility, application process, award details, or selection process, you are requested to connect with us through the contact details given below-
Phone- +91-11-430-92248 (Ext: 266) (Monday to Friday – 10:00 AM to 6PM)