SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program is an initiative of SBI General Insurance Company Limited to financially support COVID-19 affected students to complete their education. Under this scholarship, the students from Class 9 to 12, and Graduation (General and Professional) courses, who have lost their parent(s) or whose earning family members have lost their employment (or livelihood) during COVID-19 pandemic will be provided with a financial support of up to INR 38,500 per annum to cover their academic expenses.
SBI General Insurance Company Ltd, a joint-venture general insurance company of State Bank of India (SBI) and other investors, has introduced this scholarship as part of its CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative to support COVID-19 affected students. The company offers a wide range of general insurance products in retail and commercial space at affordable prices to make insurance accessible to all individuals and businesses.
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021
- Open for Indian nationals only.
- Students who have been through any of the below two crisis situation –
- Lost their parent(s)/earning family member since January 2020, OR
- Earning family member lost their job/employment during COVID-19 pandemic
- Applicants must be studying in Class 9 to 12 and undergraduate (General and Professional) courses.
- Applicants should be currently enrolled and continuing their education.
- Annual family income of the applicant should not be more than INR 6,00,000 (6 Lakh) from all sources.
- Children of employees of SBI General and Buddy4Study are not eligible.
The scholars selected for this scholarship will receive the following benefits –
- For Class 9 to 12 students – INR 29,500 per annum
- For Graduation students – INR 38,500 per annum
- The scholarship amount also includes computer/tablet/mobile allowance to every scholar with an upper limit of INR 8,500 per beneficiary.
- The scholarship fund can be utilized only for academic purposes which include tuition fees, hostel fees, internet, books, stationery, online learning, etc.
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhaar card
- Family income proof (Salary Slip, Form 16, Income Certificate, ITR, etc.)
- Marksheet of previous educational qualification
- Current academic year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Proof of crisis (death certificate of patent(s) or proof of job loss)
- Reference from a person who knows the family’s crisis (Can be a school teacher, doctor, head of school, college, or a government officer, etc.)
- Bank account details of the scholarship applicant or parents (cancelled cheque/passbook copy)
How can you apply?
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered on Buddy4Study - Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Previous Year Scholarships And Results
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
+91-11-430-92248 (Ext: 266) (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 6PM)firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process for this scholarship programme?
The selection of scholars for the SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program will be made on the basis of their academic merit and socio-economic background. It involves a multi-stage process as detailed below –
- Initial shortlisting of applicants based on their academic merit and financial background
- Telephonic interview of shortlisted candidates followed by document verification for final selection
Will the scholarship support be given for subsequent years of studies?
Yes. Based on the following criteria, scholars may be considered for their scholarship renewal in successive years –
- No dropout (from regular academic sessions)
- No disciplinary issues
- Satisfactory academic performance
- Students need to submit receipts of education-related expenses incurred during the past academic year (tuition fees, hostel and mess fees, books, etc.)
- Final decision will lie with the scholarship provider and fund availability
If selected for this program, how will I receive the scholarship fund?
The scholarship will be transferred on an annual basis to scholars/institutes. The scholars will also need to meet renewal scholarship eligibility criteria and upload the following documents in the online scholar tracking system.
- Fee receipts of the new year that they have progressed in next academic year
- Academic grade report that they have passed the last exam and have good academic standing
I am currently pursuing a B.Tech programme. Can I apply for this scholarship?
Yes. You can apply for this scholarship programme provided you meet the other eligibility criteria. Further, any student pursuing any professional UG programme can apply for this scholarship programme as it is open for students belonging to both general and professional courses.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by ACHYUT DAS on 03-Jun-2022
s akhil on 06-Jun-2022
Kindly wait for an update you will inform via email and SMS of the registered mobile number.
Hi Sir/Madam, This is Harshitha P. I have submitted an Application for SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021 5 months back. But there is no further process. Please consider my application and provide me with the scholarship as soon as possible. Please let me know if there is any solution for this problem. As I am struggling to pursue my further education Please consider my application and provide me with the scholarship as soon as possible.Please let me know if any further information is required from my side.
Asked by HARSHITHA P on 30-Mar-2022
s akhil on 31-Mar-2022
Kindly share your registered mobile number for better assistance.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more