New Delhi, 13 April 2022: The Chief Minister of Karnataka, Basavaraj Bommai, has announced that the ‘Raita Vidya Nidhi’ scholarship scheme will be in place this year too. The scholarship scheme is set in place to benefit the children of fishermen and weaver families. The initiative will focus on increasing the literacy rate amongst the community and reducing the unemployment rate in the state of Karnataka.
- Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship Scheme 2022 – Overview
- Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship Scheme 2022 – Details
- Other Initiatives in Support
- Karnataka Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship – FAQs
Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship Scheme 2022 – Overview
|Name Of The Scheme||Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship 2021-22|
|Launched By||Government of Karnataka|
|Objective||Increase the literacy rate and limit the unemployment rate in the state.|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship Scheme 2022 – Details
- The scholarship scheme was initially intended to benefit the children of farmers. However, on 11 April 2022, Karnataka CM announced that an extension of the scheme will also be used to benefit students belonging to fishermen and weaver families.
- Accommodation facilities will be provided to students belonging to fishermen and weaver families by the Social Welfare Department of the state in order to avoid further disruption in higher education of the students coming from weaker sections of the society.
- Through this scheme, scholarships ranging from Rs 2000 to Rs 11,000 will be given to the students to pursue higher education.
- The amount of scholarship money will be transferred directly to the beneficiary’s bank account.
Other Initiatives in Support
Bommai has also commended the union government’s scheme, which intends to make fishing a profitable vocation and also announced that the state government would be providing 100 deep-sea fishing boats to fishermen.
He further added that 5000 houses will also be built under the Rajiv Gandhi Housing Scheme to benefit the fishermen’s families. The union government will also set up 8 ports in the state for desilting work in order to improve fishing facilities. He further promised diesel subsidies to fishermen for the 10-month fishing season.
Moreover, with regard to women and the economic development of the state, he emphasized the state government’s objective to back women empowerment. He said, “An anchor bank would be linked to women’s self-help groups. They would be provided loans up to ₹1.50 lakh to take up economic activities to realise the State government’s objective of women empowerment”.
Karnataka Raita Vidya Nidhi Scholarship – FAQs
Who launched the Raita Vidya Nidhi scholarship scheme 2022?
The Raita Vidya Nidhi scholarship scheme 2022 is launched by the Government of Karnataka.
Who will benefit from the Raita Vidya Nidhi scholarship scheme 2022?
Children of farmers, fishermen, and weaver families will benefit from the Raita Vidya Nidhi scholarship scheme 2022.
What is the objective of the Raita Vidya Nidhi scholarship scheme 2022?
The objective of the Raita Vidya Nidhi scholarship scheme 2022 is to increase the literacy rate and limit the unemployment rate in the state.