Professor Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship for Higher Education 2019 – Bansidhar and Ila Panda Foundation (BIPF) of Indian Metal and Ferro Alloys Limited (IMFA), under its education CSR initiative, has began a scholarship programme named ‘Professor Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship for Higher Education’ with the objective of helping underprivileged students of Odisha in pursuing undergraduate studies in the domain of Engineering, Medicine or Liberal Arts. The foundation provides financial assistance of up to 90% to the selected scholars.
Apply for Prof. Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship for Higher Education 2019 before the application date closes on October 16, 2019.
Professor Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship for Higher Education 2019 – Programme Details
The Prof. Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship for Higher Education 2019 is a financial assistance programme aimed at providing monetary help to students belonging to economically weaker families of Odisha. This scholarship scheme is offered to those students who wish to complete their undergraduate studies in fields of Engineering, Medicine and Liberal Arts. Interested students of Odisha can apply for the programme through Buddy4Study.
Professor Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship for Higher Education 2019 – Who can apply?
Started with the aim of transforming individual lives in Odisha to accelerate regional development through education, BIPF calls for applications from students of Odisha. However, to avail the scholarship benefits candidates need to fulfill certain eligibility conditions which have been listed below.
- The scholarship is open for students enrolled in Engineering, Medicine and Liberal Arts programmes only.
- The applicants must be enrolled in any Government College or UGC recognised institution.
- The family income of applicants must be less than INR 2,00,000 per annum.
- Also, any student who is a domicile of Odisha can apply for the scholarship even if he/she is studying outside of Odisha.
Professor Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship for Higher Education 2019 – Awards
Under the Professor Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship scheme, students are given financial assistance to cover their academic expenses for pursuing undergraduate degrees. An amount of up to INR 1 Lakh or 90% of academic expenses, whichever is less, is provided to selected students of Odisha as scholarship benefits.
Professor Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship for Higher Education 2019 – Application Process
BIPF has made the application process quite easy for applicants. It has given them the option to either apply online or offline for the scholarship. The applicants can choose from either of the options depending on their convenience. Highlighted below are the steps to apply for this scholarship.
Online application process
- The applicant requires to visit the Buddy4Study Scholarship Portal at www.buddy4study.com.
- He/she then needs to click on ‘Prof. Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship for Higher Education 2019’ banner displayed on the top of the website or click on the search box in the top left corner, type Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship and press enter.
- The applicant needs to login to Buddy4Study using his/her registered login details to access the online ‘Application form’.
Note: If not registered on Buddy4Study – Sign up at Buddy4Study with Email/Facebook/Gmail account.
- Once signed in, the applicant requires to click on ‘Start Application’ to fill the online application.
- The applicant must fill all the necessary details and upload the relevant documents.
- Finally, he/she must click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Offline application process
- To apply through offline mode, the applicant needs to download the application form by clicking on this link.
- The applicant must fill the required details in the downloaded form and paste his/her passport size colour photograph on it.
- Now, the candidate must attach the relevant documents with the application.
- He/she is required to enclose the completed application and documents, and send them by post to the following address:
Near Rasulgarh Chowck
Bomikhal, Bhubaneswar – 751010
Professor Ghanashyam Dash Scholarship for Higher Education 2019 – Key Documents
In order to support the details entered into the application by the applicants, they must submit some important documents with the completed scholarship application. Given below is the list of documents that students need to provide with the application.
- Marksheet of Class 12/Senior secondary (or equivalent)
- Admission proof of the college
- Parent’s income certificate from the Tahsildar/competent authority
- Domicile certificate from the Tahsildar/competent authority
- Caste certificate from the Tahsildar/competent authority (only in case of SC/ST applicants)
- Certificate of physical disadvantage from the District Medical Board/Competent Authority (if applicable)
- A recent passport size colour photograph