New Delhi, 8 October 2021 – Pragati Scholarship, a government scheme implemented by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), disburses financial aid to 5000 meritorious girls every year.
Haryana’s CM Manohar Lal Khattar praised the potential of this scheme while addressing specially-abled students on 6 October 2021. Noting its potential impact on the current educational landscape, he said, “Pragati and Saksham scholarships are capable to change the life of a student. I give special applause to AICTE for their efforts in bringing up girl students and differently-abled students in the field of technical education.”
The address came when the number of girls receiving the scholarships in Haryana increased from only 2-3 in 2019 to 280 in 2021. Celebrating the welcome change, AICTE Vice-Chairman MP Poonia stated, “Haryana is witnessing a new beginning under the leadership of Hon’ble Chief Minister. The words of Haryana CM will give new insights to these students, and they will have that extra motivation to pursue a technical career. I pray to God that no student in India will face hindrance in pursuing education due to lack of money.”
Pragati Scholarship 2021 – Main Highlights
|Disbursed amount||INR 50,000 per candidate, per annum|
|Eligibility criteria||Girl students admitted to the 1st year of diploma/degree programme|
|General application period||October-December*|
|Application deadline (2021)||30 November|
*The application window for Pragati Scholarship generally remains open from October to December every year. This year, the last date to apply for Pragati Scholarship is 30 November.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Pragati Scholarship 2021?
To apply for the scholarship, a girl candidate must:
- Study in an AICTE-approved college/institution.
- Be a first or second-year student in a technical diploma/degree programme.
- Not be admitted to the college through management quota.
- Have a general savings account in a bank.
Note: Two girls per family can apply for the scholarship, provided that the family’s annual income is less than INR 8 lakh.
How to Apply for Pragati Scholarship 2021?
- Visit the NSP Portal and register by clicking on the ‘New Registration’ button.
- Read all guidelines carefully and fill in all required details.
- You will receive an application ID and password on your registered mobile number.
- Log in to the NSP Portal using your application ID and password.
- Fill the Pragati scholarship application form.
- You will also be asked to change your password (mandatory).
- Then, you will be required to fill the scholarship form and upload scanned copies of your documents.
- Once you have done that, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete your application.
What is the Selection Criteria for Pragati Scholarship 2021?
First-year candidates are selected on the basis of the merit that they display in the entrance exam of their technical courses. Second-year applicants are selected based on their performance in the first year of college.
Note: The scholarship reserves 15% seats for SC, 7.5% for ST, and 27% seats for OBC candidates.