New Delhi, 9 December 2021 – To empower the young minds of India, one of the leading smart devices brands, OPPO India, has launched a scholarship scheme by the name of Genius+ programme. This scholarship opportunity is offered to outstanding students pursuing engineering courses across premier institutions in the country.
Tasleem Arif, India R&D Head and Vice President, Oppo India said, “India has the real potential to become an innovation hub. This program is a step towards helping youth around the world gain access to better education and learning opportunities and build an innovative future together.”
Recently, Oppo India has signed an MoU (memorandum of understanding) with IIT Delhi (Indian Institute of Technology) to promote the programme, which was launched on 6th December 2021.
#UnlockingPotential, skills & ability with our Genius+ program.
We at @OPPOIndia are offering a unique opportunity to attain scholarships covering academic expenses as we ink MoU with @iitdelhi. #SkillUpwithOPPO ✊
All you young minds, check it out: https://t.co/hXcKE11ESl
— Tasleem Arif🇮🇳 (@tasleemarifk) December 7, 2021
Oppo Genius+ Program 2022-23 – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates interested to apply for the Oppo’s Genius+ scholarship must fulfil the below-highlighted eligibility criteria:
- The applicants should be Indian citizens
- He/she must have taken admission in any engineering degree course at premium institutes (undergraduate/ postgraduate/ doctorate degree program)
- The candidate must have passed 12th standard with good academics
- The candidate must score a good rank in JEE examination
Oppo Genius+ Program 2022-23 – Shortlisting Process
- To shortlist deserving candidates, Oppo will pick students in their first year of engineering. The process will be based on the applicant’s entrance examination (JEE) ranks.
- The scholarship program will be renewed for the 2nd to 4th year, only if the selected student maintains a CPI (CGPA) of 8.0 and above.
- Furthermore, Oppo representatives would track the academic progress of selected students via in-person visits to the campus and guide them throughout the scholarship term
Note: Oppo has announced plans to expand the Genius+ scholarship program for Masters and PhD students to invest in the future of tech leaders in the industry.
Oppo Genius+ Program 2022-23 – Documents Required
- Aadhaar card
- 12th standard passing certificate
- JEE scorecard
- Admission proof
- Scanned signatures
What is the Oppo Scholarship Award Amount?
As of now, Oppo has not specified how much money it has earmarked for the program and how many students it would choose for the same. The information will be conveyed to students via their official scholarship page in due time.
However, Oppo has assured that this programme will provide financial aid to shortlisted students, who will not have to bear any of the costs associated with their education under this programme.
More Opportunities for Students with Oppo
With the announcement of signing the MoU with IIT Delhi, the phone maker company also stated that they have recently launched the ‘Elevate Program‘ to promote the start-up ecosystem in India. Besides, Oppo is also collaborating with IIT Hyderabad to promote joint research and development for multiple projects over 2 years to develop new technologies in areas specific to camera and image processing, battery, networks (5G), system performance, and artificial intelligence.
Just 5 days left to enter the fast-growing ecosystem of innovation!
Submit your entries for #OPPOElevate program by November 23, 2021 and get a chance to innovate with the masters of meaningful innovations.
Know more: https://t.co/cMVgDzTDpp pic.twitter.com/xxEIHMkQ3v
— OPPO India (@OPPOIndia) November 18, 2021