Oasis Scholarship has been floated by the Government of West Bengal that provides scholarship opportunities to the marginalised section [Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC)] of the society. Provided by the West Bengal Backward Classes Welfare and Tribal Development Department, this scholarship offers tuition fee waiver, food and accommodation and medical help to the residents of the state.
It is a renewable scholarship programme that is available for both pre-matric and post-matric courses. This scholarship aims to create an online system for scholarship applications that are to be managed by the government.
The West Bengal Oasis portal is open for the entire year and it allows the applicants to keep a track of the progress of their applications for various scholarships under the scheme. This article aims to give insight on the latest information pertaining to the scholarship and other details.
Oasis Scholarship – Key Highlights
|Name of Scholarship
|Backward Classes Welfare Department
|Domiciles of West Bengal (SC, ST, OBC Categories)
|Applications start date
|Application end date
Important Notice: The last dates for application submission for pre-matric scholarship for SC and ST students and post-matric scholarships for SC,ST and OBC category students have been extended to 28.02.2023 for the current session.
Oasis Scholarship – Eligibility
This scholarship across all minority categories is accessible only for the domiciles of the state of West Bengal. The other eligibility criteria are enlisted below:
Pre-matric scholarship for SC students
- The student must belong to the SC category and must be studying in Class 9or 10.
- The annual family income should not be more than INR 2 Lakh from all sources.
Pre-matric scholarship for ST students
- The student must belong to the ST category and must be studying in class 9thor 10th
- The annual family income should not be more than INR 2 lakh from all sources.
Post-matric scholarship for SC/ST students
- The applicant should be studying at the post-secondary or post-matriculation level and belong to the SC/ST category.
- The annual income of parents should not be more than INR 2.5 lakh from all sources.
Post-matric scholarship for OBC students
- The applicant should be studying at the post-secondary level and belong to the OBC category.
- The annual income of the family from all sources should not be more than INR 1 lakh.
Oasis Scholarship – Benefits
The benefits of this scholarship are categorised as per day-scholars and hostellers.
Pre-matric Scholarship for SC/ST Category
- Day-Scholars – INR 150 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 750 per annum
- Hostellers – INR 750 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 1,000 per annum
Post-matric Scholarship for SC/ST category (medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ MPhil/ PhD/ LLM students)
- Day-scholars- INR 550 per month
- Hostellers – INR 1,200 per month
Post-matric Scholarship for SC/ST category (For B.Pharm/ LLB/ B.Nursing/PG/ Hotel Management courses etc.)
- Day-scholars- INR 530 per month
- Hostellers- INR 820 per month
Post-matric Scholarships for SC/ST Category (for general courses)
- Day-scholars- INR 300 per month
- Hostellers- INR 750 per month
Post-matric Scholarships for SC/ST Category (For students of Class 11 and 12 in 10+2 system intermediate courses/ Polytechnic/ ITI courses)
- Day-scholars- INR 230 per month
- Hostellers– INR 750 per month
Post-matric Scholarships for OBC students
- Day-scholars- Maintenance allowance of up to INR 350 per month
- Hostellers- Maintenance allowance of up to INR 750 per month
Post-matric Scholarships for OBC students (For medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ MPhil/ PhD/ LLM students
- Day-scholars- INR 350 per month
- Hostellers- INR 750 per month
Post-matric Scholarships for OBC students (For B.Pharm/ LLB/ B.Nursing/ PG/ Hotel Management courses etc.)
- Day-scholars- INR 335 per month
- Hostellers- INR 510 per month
Post-matric Scholarships for OBC students (For general courses up to graduate level)
- Day-scholars- INR 210 per month
- Hostellers- INR 400 per month
Post-matric Scholarships for OBC students (For students of Class 11 and 12 in 10+2 system intermediate courses/ Polytechnic/ ITI courses)
- Day-scholars- INR 160 per month
- Hostellers- INR 260 per month
How to Apply for the Oasis Scholarship?
The application process entails a two-step process that includes the registration process and the login process.
1. Visit the official website, https://oasis.gov.in/.
2. Choose and click on “Student’s registration”.
3. Choose the relevant district where the institution is based.
4. A verification page of the caste certificate will open. Fill in all details and click on submit.
5. Once the caste certificate verification is done, the applicants will be directed to the online registration page. Fill in all mandatory fields and login with the details.
- After registration, the students will provide their credentials and login into the scholarship portal.
- After logging in, the scholarship application form will be displayed.
- The students need to download your application form.
- After downloading the Oasis application form, they would need to print it in order to have the hard copy.
- After that, they would need to attach the required documents with the application form and submit it in the BDO office of the district.
Oasis Scholarship – Documents Required
- West Bengal Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- AADHAR Card/Any other ID proof
- Passport size photo
- Marksheet of the last qualifying examination
- First page of bank passbook
How to check the Oasis Scholarship Status?
Firstly, the student can click on “Track an Application” below the “Students Corner” section.
Secondly, he/she can then choose the district where his/her institution is located and then fill in the details like user id, session and the captcha code and click on the “check status” option.
Finally, the status of the form will appear on the screen.
How to renew Oasis Scholarship?
The scholarship can be renewed by first visiting the official website. After that click on the “Renew Scholarship” button in the “Student Corner” section.
What is the helpline number of this portal?
The Oasis helpline number is +91-84 20 02 3311.
What is the last date for Oasis Scholarship application submission?
For most applications, the last date for submitting is January 15, 2023, however, the last date for submission for pre-matric scholarship for SC and ST students and post-matric scholarships for SC, ST and OBC category students have been extended to February 28, 2023.
Who is eligible for this scholarship?
The domiciles of West Bengal who belong to the SC (Scheduled Caste), ST (Scheduled Tribe) and OBC (Other Backward Classes) are eligible for the scholarship.
Is this scholarship a means or merit-based scheme?
It is a means-based scholarship.
How to make changes to the Oasis scholarship application?
The application can be edited by logging in to the official portal with the User ID, Password and applied District. After logging in, click on the “Edit Scholarship” button.