NSP renewal is a process through which the students who have already received benefits under scholarships listed on the National Scholarship Portal can get it renewed for the coming years of studies. The process for NSP renewal application is quite similar to the fresh applications. The students are simply required to fulfil the renewal conditions specified in the respective scholarship guidelines.
Every year, the Government of India announces around 80 scholarships for students across the country to support their studies at both pre-matriculation and post-matriculation level. More than 110 lakh students apply for these scholarships out of which some are fresh applicants while others are renewal applicants. What process must be followed for NSP renewal? What types of scholarships are available? What are the key things to remember to renew your scholarship? Get answers to all these questions in detail by reading further.
- NSP Renewal – NSP Overview
- NSP Renewal – Scholarship Details
- NSP Renewal – Step-Wise Renewal Application
- NSP Renewal – Key Points to Remember
- NSP Renewal – FAQs
NSP Renewal – NSP Overview
Before heading on to know about the NSP renewal process, it is important to have a clear understanding about the National Scholarship Portal. Who has introduced this portal? Why has it been introduced? Who can avail benefits through this portal? What is the application timeline for NSP fresh and NSP renewal applications? The answers to all these questions have been covered in the table below.
Detailed Overview of NSP Portal
|Portal Name||National Scholarship Portal|
|Launched by||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India|
|Number of Scholarships listed||80+|
|Scholarship Categories||Central Schemes, UGC/AICTE Schemes and State Schemes|
|Benefits offered||Variable benefits|
|Application Timeline||July/August to October/November (tentative)|
NSP Renewal – Scholarship Details
Every year, the Government of India invites students to apply for fresh scholarships and scholarship renewals through the National Scholarship Portal to cater to the needs of students at different levels of education. Whether you are studying at school level or college level, you can find scholarships for your academic requirements on the portal. These scholarships are meant to support the students coming from different segments of the society including SC, ST, OBC and Minority communities. The broad categories under which all the scholarships are listed include –
Note: Click on the respective links to get a detailed list of scholarships under each category along with their other necessary details.
NSP Renewal – Step-Wise Renewal Application
As already said, the NSP renewal process is just similar to that of fresh applications. For the academic year 2020-21, the renewal applications started just after the fresh applications were announced. The students who fulfil the renewal conditions for the scholarships can follow the steps given below to apply for renewal.
Step 1: Visit the official website of National Scholarship Portal.
Step 2: Under the ‘Login’ button, a drop-down list will appear that displays the ‘Fresh’ and ‘Renewal’ options for subsequent academic years.
Step 3: Select the ‘Renewal’ option for the academic year you want to apply for.
Step 4: A login page will open. Enter the application ID (same as the last year’s registration ID), password and captcha to login successfully.
Step 5: After successful login, proceed to make the renewal application by filling in all required details (as specified).
Step 6: Upload all the supporting documents.
Step 7: Finally, submit the application.
NSP Renewal – Key Points to Remember
While heading towards NSP renewal process, you must keep the following important points in mind –
- Make sure you keep your application ID (of fresh application) intact with you as it will be required at the time of renewal.
- In case you forget your application ID, you can retrieve it using the ‘Forgot Application id?’ button on the login page. You will be required to enter the bank account number that you entered at the time of registration to retrieve the application ID.
- In case you forget the password of your previous year registration, you can retrieve it by using the ‘Recover Password?’ button on the login page.
- Furthermore, if you wish to update the mobile number already registered, you can click do so using the ‘Update Mobile Number?’ button on the login page. Please note, you will be allowed to update your mobile number only once.
- You will be required to provide certain details to update your mobile number. Once you update your mobile number, you cannot change it again.
- The students who are eligible for renewal need not to apply under the fresh category as it will lead to duplicate applications, which will be rejected.
- Furthermore, if a student wants to apply for a fresh scholarship, he/she must withdraw his/her renewal application to avoid rejection.
- In case, your course is completed for which the scholarship is being disbursed, you cannot apply for its renewal.
NSP Renewal – FAQs
Q. When is the last date to apply for NSP renewal?
The last date to apply for both fresh and renewal is the same. For the academic year 2021-22, the application deadline for centrally-funded pre-matric schemes is 15th November 2021. For centrally-funded post-matric, merit-cum-means and top class scholarships, the deadline is 30th November 2021. Furthermore, for other scholarships, the deadline falls in the month of January, February and March. It is advisable for students to check and confirm the deadline on the official website before heading towards NSP renewal.
Q. How do I renew my NSP scholarship?
The process for NSP renewal is similar to that of fresh applications. The students are required to login to the portal using their registered application ID and password and proceed with the renewal application. To get a step-by-step description of NSP renewal, refer to the ‘Step-wise renewal application’ section above.
Q. I have already received a scholarship through NSP. Should I apply afresh to get it again for subsequent years?
If you are applying for the same scholarship that you received previously, you must make a ‘renewal application’ rather than a fresh application. However, if your course of study has completed and you want to apply for another scholarship, you can apply as a fresh candidate. In both the cases, it is important that you do not submit duplicate applications for any scholarship as it may lead to rejection.
Q. What conditions must be followed for NSP renewal?
The conditions for NSP renewal may vary from scholarship to scholarship. However, it is basically dependent on your academic performance. In case, a student fails to pass his/her current course of study, he/she might not be able to apply for the renewal. Furthermore, it is advisable to go through the renewal conditions of the respective scholarships thoroughly before applying.