NMMSS 2022 – The Ministry of Education (MoE) held a workshop with the state nodal officers of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) on 20 September 2022. The workshop was held to speed up the online registration process for the year 2022-23. The workshop was headed by the Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSEL) to plan timely scholarship payments to children from economically weaker sections.
According to the officials, there is an immediate need for verification of applications by the state-level officers. Under this scholarship scheme, 1 lakh fresh and renewal scholarships will be awarded to meritorious students of Class 9 to 12.
NMMSS 2022 – Workshop Highlights
- The national workshop was held by the Ministry of Education (MoE).
- The nodal officer from National Scholarship Portal (NSP) made a presentation regarding the verification and registration process on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) portal.
- The officials have decided to make a video to guide the students about the registration, verification, and payment process.
NMMSS 2022 – Important Dates
The last day to apply for the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) is 30 September 2022. The application period is tentative and subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Candidates can check the important dates from the table given below:
|Assam||30 October 2022|
|Jammu & Kashmir||10 February 2022|
|Odisha||29 July 2022|
|Bihar||21 July 2022|
|Gujarat||21 July 2022|
|Arunachal Pradesh||21 July 2022|
|Punjab||21 July 2022|
|Karnataka||21 July 2022|
|Maharashtra||21 July 2022|
|West Bengal||21 July 2022|
|Telangana||21 July 2022|
|Himachal Pradesh||21 July 2022|
|Jharkhand||7 October 2022|
|Haryana||7 October 2022|
|Goa||7 October 2022|
|Chattisgarh||7 October 2022|
|Uttrakhand||7 October 2022|
NMMSS 2022 – Aim
The Central Sector Scheme ‘National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme’ was launched in 2008 with the objective to award scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to combat the dropout rate of Class 8 students and encourage them to continue their education at the secondary level.
Who can Apply for NMMSS 2022?
- The meritorious students whose parental income is not more than INR 3,50,000 per annum are eligible to apply for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022.
- The students must be studying in Class 9 with 55% aggregate marks in Class 8 from government/local body or government-aided schools.
- Candidates must have opened their bank account in the State Bank of India or any other scheduled bank or public sector bank, which grants the facility of core banking.
- Candidates must only be citizens of India.
- The officials will pay the scholarship amount for higher secondary or its equivalent class for four years.
- Candidates must not have irregular attendance.
- Candidates must maintain good conduct as certified by the head of the college or institution.
- The scholarship is not available for abroad courses.
- The scholarship amount will not be paid to the students who leave the course within one month of registration.
- The concerned department will monitor the scholarship with stakeholders at a fixed interval of the time period.
- The scholarship is not open to students studying in Kendriya Vidyalaya School (KVS), Sainik schools, or private schools.
NMMSS 2022 – Selection Procedure
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- The Mental Ability Test (MAT) will include 90 multiple choice questions from topics including analogy, series, coding-decoding, blood relations, logical venn diagrams, alphabet test, sitting arrangements, mathematical operations, and others.
- The Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) will include 90 multiple choice questions from the syllabus of Classes 7 and 8.
- The duration of each test will be 90 minutes.
- The students must pass the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) with 40% aggregate marks.
- The Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) students must pass the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) with 32% aggregate marks.
- The Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) students must have scored 50% marks in Class 8 to apply for the scholarship.
NMMSS 2022 – Documents Required
The students must upload all the relevant documents in JPEG format. The officials may cancel the candidature during the selection procedure in case of false and incorrect documents. The required documents for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme are as follows:
- Certificate of disability (if applicable)
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Marksheet of Class 7 and 8
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card
- Caste certificate
- Bank account passbook
- No objection certificate (NOC)
What is NMMSS 2022 Scholarship Amount?
- The selected candidates will get a scholarship award of INR 1000 per month.
- The scholarship amount will be paid by the State Bank of India.
- The students of Class 9 will receive INR 12,000 per annum.
- The scholarship can be renewed every year till the student completes his or her secondary level education, which is Class 12.
How to Check NMMSS 2022 Result?
Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below to check the result of National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022:
Step 1 – Visit the official website – nmmse.kerala.gov.in.
Step 2 – Navigate to the ‘Result of NMMSS 2022’ tab on the home page.
Step 3 – Fill in the login details.
Step 4 – Click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
Step 5 – Download the result for future reference.
- To read more about NMMSS, please click here
- To directly apply for the scholarship, please click here
What is the last date to apply for NMMSS 2022?
The National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) will end the online application process on 30 October 2022.
Why did the Ministry of Education (MoE) hold a workshop regarding NMMSS 2022?
The Ministry of Education (MoE) held a workshop regarding NMMSS 2022 to accelerate the registration and verification of online application forms.
How to apply for NMMSS 2022?
The students for the NMMSS scheme can apply through the National Scholarship Portal – scholarships.gov.in.