L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship offered by L’Oréal India. It is an extension of the international L’ORÉAL UNESCO FOR WOMEN IN SCIENCE partnership, which believes that women’s contribution is vital for the future of Science. The scholarship is meant for the underprivileged young Indian girls who have passed class 12 in the current academic year. Instituted in the year 2003 with the objective to help financially deprived young women to pursue scientific studies, L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship continues to assist Indian girls in pursuing their education.
Find below details on L’Oréal Scholarship.
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science – Benefits
It offers a scholarship grant to brilliant girl students on yearly basis to fulfil their educational needs. The highlights of the scholarship amount are listed below:
- Up to INR 2,50,000 (2.50 lakhs) is granted to selected scholars in equal annual instalments till the time they graduate successfully from college.
- The winners get a scholarship amount for their next graduating year only if they provide proof of having passed the previous year.
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Important date
- The last date to apply for this scholarship is usually in the month of July. For the academic year 2022-23, the last date to submit the scholarship application is October 16, 2022.
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Eligibility criteria
To apply for the scholarship, you need to have passed class 12 in the Science stream and must display interest in pursuing a career in the field of Science. The eligibility criteria are given below:
- Only girl students who have passed class 12 (Science stream) with a minimum of 85% marks in PCM/PCB/PCMB in the current academic year can apply for the scholarship.
- The applicants must have taken admission into an undergraduate (bachelor’s) program in science-related fields at a recognised college in India in the current academic year.
- Also, the candidates applying for L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship must not be more than 19 years of age.
- The candidates’ annual family income must not be more than INR 4 Lakh.
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Application process
The application process for this scholarship is made easy for applicants so that it is easily comprehended. Follow the procedure highlighted below to apply for the scholarship:
- Interested applicants can apply for this scholarship online.
- The applicant needs to register first by using their Gmail/Facebook account.
- Complete a 5-step process to fill out the application form and submit it.
Visit this link if you wish to apply for the L’Oréal Scholarship
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Documents required to be submitted during the application process
There are a few necessary documents that the applicants must keep with them at the time of applying for the scholarship. The required documents are mentioned below:
- Attested copy of age proof (Aadhaar Card, Birth Certificate, Passport, Voter ID Card, etc.)
- Self-attested copy of parents’ income proof (any one):
- Income certificate issued by a government body
- Salary slip issued by permanent employer
- Form 16 (Income-Tax returns form)
- Mark sheet of Class 10 attested by the school authorities
- Mark sheet of Class 12 attested by the school authorities
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Selection process
During the L’Oréal India Scholarship selection process, all the applications received through post or online are vetted as per the eligibility criteria. Those candidates whose applications are selected go through an interview session in which it is determined whether they are eligible for the scholarship or not. The selection process is highlighted below for further clarification.
- First, the applicants are screened and shortlisted for telephonic interviews on the basis of their application form along with document verification.
- After the telephonic interviews are over, a jury round of interviews will be conducted through Video Conferencing (or video call).
- The candidate and at least one of her parents/guardians would be required to attend this video calling round conducted by a team from L’Oréal India.
- On the basis of candidates’ performance in the interview and fulfilment of eligibility criteria, final recipients of the scholarship are announced within 20 days of completion of the jury round.
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Result
After the interview round, the final list of winners is declared.
- The result of L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship is generally announced in the month of August or September. Over the last 15 years of its existence, more than 400 girl scholars have been awarded the scholarship.
Buddy4Study is the application partner of L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship since the year 2015. If you are an aspiring candidate wishing to apply for L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship.
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Contact Details
In case of any query regarding the L’Oréal scholarship, the candidates can contact or call on the email id/phone number given hereunder.
Email ID: email@example.com
Phone No.: 011-430-92248 (Ext- 117)
About L’Oréal India
L’Oréal India is a subsidiary of L’Oréal S.A., the world’s leading beauty company. It caters to the needs of customers in the fields of skincare, hair and make-up. L’Oréal India is committed to women’s empowerment, skill development and environmental sustainability. With schemes like L’Oréal India Beautiful Beginnings and L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science scholarship, thousands of women in are benefitted every year.