L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship offered by L’Oréal India. It is an extension of the international L’ORÉAL UNESCO FOR WOMEN IN SCIENCE partnership, which believes that women’s contribution is vital for the future of Science. The scholarship is meant for the underprivileged young Indian girls who have passed class 12 in the current academic year. Instituted in the year 2003 with the objective to help financially deprived young women to pursue scientific studies, L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship continues to assist Indian girls in pursuing their education.
Find below details on L’Oréal Scholarship.
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Benefits
The L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship offers a scholarship grant to brilliant girl students on yearly basis to fulfill their educational needs. The highlights of the scholarship amount are listed below:
- Up to INR 2,50,000 is granted to selected scholars in equal annual installments till the time they graduate successfully from college.
- The winners get a scholarship amount for their next graduating year only if they provide proof of having passed the previous year.
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Important date
- The last date to apply for L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship is usually in the month of July. In 2018, the last date was 18 July.
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Eligibility criteria
To apply for the scholarship, you need to have passed class 12 with Science stream and must display interest in pursuing a career in the field of Science. The L’Oréal India Scholarship eligibility criteria are given below:
- Only girl students who have passed class 12 (Science stream) with a minimum 85% marks in PCM/PCB in the current academic year can apply for the scholarship.
- The applicants must be willing to pursue a degree course in Science/ Medical/ Engineering/ Biotechnology or any other scientific field from a recognised college in India.
- Also, the candidates applying for L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship must not be more than 19 years of age.
- The candidates’ annual family income must not be more than INR 4 Lakh.
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Application process
The application process of this scholarship is made easy for applicants so that it is easily comprehended. Follow the procedure highlighted below to apply for the scholarship:
- Interested applicants can apply for this scholarship either by post or online.
- The applicant needs to register first by using their Gmail/Facebook account if she is applying online. Then, she will have to complete a 5-step process to fill the application form and submit it.
Go to this link if you wish to apply for the L’Oréal Scholarship: https://form.buddy4study.com/applications/LIF8/instruction
- If the candidate is applying by post, she needs to download the form, fill it and then send it through courier on the address mentioned below:
Stellar IT Park C-25,
8,9 & 10 Tower – I,
Ground floor, Sector 62, Noida,
Uttar Pradesh 201301
To download the L’Oréal Scholarship application form, click here.
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Documents required to be submitted during the application process
There are a few necessary documents that the applicants must keep with them at the time of applying for L’Oréal India Scholarship. The required documents are mentioned below:
- An attested copy of age proof
- A self-attested copy of parents’ income (certificate issued by a government body, e.g., salary slip/income certificate) or Form 16
- A copy of class 10 mark sheet attested by the school
- A copy of class 12 mark sheet attested by the school
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Selection process
During the L’Oréal India Scholarship selection process, all the applications received through post or online are vetted as per the eligibility criteria. Those candidates whose applications are selected go through an interview session in which it is determined whether they are eligible for the scholarship or not. The selection process is highlighted below for further clarification.
- First, the applicants are shortlisted for interview on the basis of their application form.
- The shortlisted students and their parents are asked to attend interview in Mumbai/ Delhi/ Bengaluru/ Hyderabad/ Kolkata (according to student’s proximity to the place).
- The candidates are asked to bear the cost of traveling on their own
- A jury consisting of eminent members of the scientific and academic communities along with L’Oréal India representatives conducts the interview.
- On the basis of candidates’ performance in the interview and fulfillment of eligibility criteria, final recipients of the scholarship are announced.
L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship – Result
After the interview round, the final list of winners is declared.
- The result of L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship is generally announced in the month of August or September. Over the last 15 years of its existence, more than 300 girl scholars have been awarded the scholarship.
Buddy4Study is the application partner of L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship since the year 2015. If you are an aspiring candidate wishing to apply for L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship, go to this link.
About L’Oréal India
L’Oréal India is a subsidiary of L’Oréal S.A., world’s leading beauty company. It caters to the needs of customers in the fields of skin care, hair and make-up. L’Oréal India is committed towards women’s empowerment, skill development and environmental sustainability. With schemes like L’Oréal India Beautiful Beginnings and L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science scholarship, thousands of women in India are benefitted every year.