New Delhi, 11 February 2022 – The Odisha School and Mass Education Department (ଓଡ଼ିଶା ବିଦ୍ୟାଳୟ ଏବଂ ଗଣଶିକ୍ଷା ବିଭାଗ) is inviting online applications for the Junior Merit Scholarship 2021-22 (ଜୁନିଅର ମେରିଟ୍ ସ୍କଲାରସିପ୍ 2021-22) from class 12 students, who will be aided financially to carry on with their higher education.
The Government of Odisha has clearly mentioned in the released notification that the students studying in any of the below-mentioned affiliated boards can apply for this scholarship opportunity:
- CHSE (Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha)
- ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education)
- CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya
The online submission of the Junior Merit Scholarship 2021-22 began on 8th February 2022. As per the recent update, the deadline of the online application has been extended and currently, the last date students can submit their scholarship registration is 25th February 2022. The opening of student records for validation by principals/heads of institutions will be conducted between 9th and 26th February 2022.
Junior Merit Scholarship 2021-22 – Details
- Around 10,000 students will be selected under this scholarship scheme.
- Selected students will receive a scholarship of INR 3,000 per year.
- The scholarship will be distributed equally amongst the eligible 10+2 students in 50:50 ratios (50% boys: 50% girls) from across the state.
- The scholarship duration is 1 year.
Junior Merit Scholarship 2021-22 – Eligibility Criteria
- The student must be a permanent resident of Odisha.
- The applicants must have secured 60% marks in their class 10 final exam.
- The candidate must be in class 12 when applying for the Junior Merit Scholarship.
- The yearly income of the student’s family should not be more than 6 lakhs from all sources.
Junior Merit Scholarship 2021-22 – Documents Required
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Applicant’s photo
- Current year ID card issued by HSS
- Resident proof issued by the competent authority (ex. – Tahsildar/ Addl. Tahsildar)
- Proof of income by the competent authority
- Student bank passbook
- Aadhaar card
Note: It is mandatory to upload the correct Aadhaar card of the applicant in the online application form. If it is found that the submitted Aadhaar card is of someone else other than the applicant, the scholarship application will be rejected.
The Directorate of Higher Secondary Education (DHSE) said in a notice that only online applications will be accepted under the scholarship scheme. No request for offline application will be entertained.
For more information, read the updated Junior Merit Scholarship 2021-22 notification below.