GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 is a CSR initiative of GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. to provide financial assistance to meritorious and financially constrained MBBS students to continue their education. Abraham Flexner rightly said, “Medical education is not a program for building knowledge and experience in its recipients. It is also an experience which creates attitudes and expectations.” Indeed, medical education holds paramount importance when it comes to the collective well-being of humanity. GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 contributes to its noble cause and aims to support the skill-building initiative of the country and advance STEM education in India.
As this scholarship programme is meant to help students pursuing a career in Medicine, it is essential to have detailed knowledge about this programme. This article will help you in having a deeper cognizance of this scholarship programme in terms of its application process, eligibility, documentation, and other needful information. Read further to have a detailed understanding of this scholarship and its application process.
- GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – An Overview
- GSK Scholars Programme 2022-22 – Key Dates
- GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – Eligibility
- GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – Award Details
- GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – Application Process
- GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – Key Documents
- GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – Selection Process
- GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – Contact Details
- To read this article in Hindi, please click here
GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – An Overview
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd., one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, has introduced this scholarship programme as part of its CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative to support meritorious and financially constrained students to pursue a career in Medicine. The scholarship programme is being facilitated by GiveIndia.
Within the framework of this scholarship programme, students pursuing the first year of MBBS from government colleges across India will be provided with financial assistance up to INR 1,00,000 per year to cover their academic expenses, with a total of INR 4.5 lakh over four and a half years.
The table given below consists of the essential details about the scholarship programme for your quick reference.
|Name of the Scholarship||GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23|
|Provider Detail||GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.|
|Eligibility||For students pursuing first year of MBBS from government colleges|
|Award||Up to INR 1,00,000 per year|
|Last Date to Apply||October 15, 2022|
GSK Scholars Programme 2022-22 – Key Dates
Now, with this brief piece of information, it is important to have knowledge of some other details. But before referring to them, the candidates are necessarily required to keep track of the important dates of application to this scholarship programme. The applications for GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 are currently open. The last date to submit the application forms is October 15, 2022.
GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – Eligibility
To procure the benefits under the GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23, the candidates are essentially required to fulfill certain conditions set by the provider. These conditions include –
- Open for Indian nationals only
- Students must be pursuing the first year of MBBS from government colleges
- Applicants must have obtained at least 65% marks in Class 12 board examinations
- Annual family income of the applicants should be below INR 6,00,000 (6 lakh) from all sources
- Children of employees of GSK, GiveIndia and Buddy4Study are not eligible
GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – Award Details
Each selected scholar pursuing the first year of MBBS programme from government colleges is entitled to receive a scholarship up to INR 1,00,000 per year, with a total of INR 4.5 lakh over four and a half years.
GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – Application Process
If you find yourself eligible for the GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23, you can apply for it online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official scholarship page
- Read all the details carefully and click the ‘Apply Now’ button under the ‘How can you apply?’ section
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’. If not registered, register at Buddy4Study with your email/mobile number/Gmail account
- You will now be redirected to a separate application instruction page. Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form and upload relevant documents
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’. Check if all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen or not.
- If all the details in the preview are correct, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – Key Documents
While applying for the GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23, the applicants are required to keep the following documents ready with them:
- Marksheet of Class 12
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card/voter identity card/driving license/PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Family income proof (Salary Slip, Form 16, Income Certificate, ITR)
- Bank account details of the applicant
- Photograph of the applicant
GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – Selection Process
The selection of scholars will be made based on their academic merit and financial background. It involves a multi-stage process as detailed below –
- Shortlisting of candidates based on their academic merit and financial background
- Telephonic interaction with the shortlisted candidates followed by document verification
- Final selection by the scholarship provider
GSK Scholars Programme 2022-23 – Contact Details
In case you have any queries related to this scholarship programme, its eligibility, application process, award details, or selection process, you are requested to connect through the contact details given below –
Phone: 011-430-92248 (Ext- 271) (Monday to Friday – 10:00 AM to 6 PM)