GSK Scholars Programme is a CSR initiative of the GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. focused towards providing financial assistance to meritorious and financially constrained students enabling them to pursue a career in Medicine. This programme aims to support the skill-building initiative of the country and advance Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathemetics (STEM) education in India. Under this scholarship, students pursuing the first-year of MBBS from government colleges will be provided financial assistance up to INR 1,00,000 per year for up to 4.5 years to cover academic expenses incurred towards their MBBS programme.
This article offers detailed information about this scholarship programme in terms of its application process, eligibility, documentation, and other needful information. Read further to have a detailed understanding of this scholarship and its application process.
GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24 – An Overview
The GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd believes in the cause of education and considers it a powerful tool in transforming lives for a promising future. This scholarship programme is facilitated by GiveIndia.
The table given below consists of the essential details about the scholarship program for a quick reference.
Detailed Overview of GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24
|Name of the Scholarship
|GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24
|GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
|Merit and means based
|Open for students pursuing the first-year of their MBBS programme from government colleges, applicants must have obtained at least 65% marks in Class 12 board examinations, and annual family income of the applicants should be below INR 6,00,000 from all sources.
|Up to INR 1,00,000 per year for students pursuing MBBS, with a total of up to INR 4.5 lakh over four and a half years.
|Last Date to Apply*
|October 31, 2023
|Online through Buddy4Study portal
*The application deadline mentioned above is tentative and may change at the discretion of the scholarship provider.
GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24 – Key Dates
Now, with this brief piece of information, it is important to have knowledge of some other details. But before referring to them, the candidates are necessarily required to keep track of the important dates of application to this scholarship programme. The applications for GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24 are currently open. The last date to submit the application forms is October 31, 2023
GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24 – Eligibility
- Students pursuing the first-year of their MBBS programme from government colleges are eligible.
- Applicants must have obtained at least 65% marks in Class 12 board examinations.
- Annual family income of the applicants should be below INR 6,00,000 from all sources.
- Open for Indian nationals only.
- Children of employees of GSK, GiveIndia and Buddy4Study are not eligible.
GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24 – Award Details
Up to INR 1,00,000 per year for students pursuing MBBS, with a total of up to INR 4.5 lakh over four and a half years.
Note: Scholarship funds can only be utilised for academic expenses which include tuition fees, exam fees, books, hostel fees, food and seminars. If funds still remain, they will be used for stationery, online learning, and payment of internet/data pack bills.
GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24 – Application Process
Eligible candidates can apply for the GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24 online by following the steps mentioned below –
- Visit the official scholarship page.
- Read all the details carefully and Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective category of scholarship.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land on the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile number/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24 – Key Documents
- Marksheet of Class 12
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card/voter identity card/driving license/PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Family income proof (salary slip, Form 16, Income Certificate, ITR)
- Bank account details of the applicant
- Photograph of the applicant
GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24 – Selection Process
The selection process for the GSK Scholars programme 2023-24 is a multi-stage process where students are selected on the basis of their academic merit and financial background. The steps involved in the selection process include:
- Shortlisting of candidates based on their academic merit and financial background
- Document verification
- Telephonic interview of the shortlisted candidates post document verification
- Final selection of scholars
In case one has any queries related to this scholarship programme, its eligibility, the application process, award details, or selection process, one is requested to connect through the contact details given below –
Phone: 011-430-92248 (Ext- 271)