GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
GSK Scholars Programme is a CSR initiative of the GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. focused towards providing financial assistance to meritorious and financially constrained students enabling them to pursue a career in Medicine. This programme aims to support the skill-building initiative of the country and advance Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education in India.
Under this scholarship, students pursuing the first-year of MBBS from government colleges will be provided financial assistance up to INR 1,00,000 per year for up to 4.5 years to cover academic expenses incurred towards their MBBS programme.
The company believes in the cause of education and considers it a powerful tool in transforming lives for a promising future. This scholarship programme is facilitated by GiveIndia.
GSK Scholars Programme 2023-24
- Students pursuing the first-year of their MBBS programme from government colleges are eligible.
- Applicants must have obtained at least 65% marks in Class 12 board examinations.
- Annual family income of the applicants should be below INR 6,00,000 from all sources.
- Open for Indian nationals only.
- Children of employees of GSK, GiveIndia and Buddy4Study are not eligible.
Up to INR 1,00,000 per year for students pursuing MBBS, with a total of up to INR 4.5 lakh over four and a half years.
Note: Scholarship funds can only be utilised for academic expenses which include tuition fees, exam fees, books, hostel fees, food and seminars. If funds still remain, they will be used for stationery, online learning, and payment of internet/data pack bills.
- Marksheet of Class 12
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card/voter identity card/driving license/PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Family income proof (salary slip, Form 16, Income Certificate, ITR)
- Bank account details of the applicant
- Photograph of the applicant
How can you apply?
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land on the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered - Register at Buddy4Study with your email/mobile/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘GSK Scholar Programme’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Previous Year Scholarships And Results
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
011-430-92248(Ext-271) (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 6PM)email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process for this scholarship programme?
The selection process for the GSK Scholars programme 2023-24 is a multi-stage process where students are selected on the basis of their academic merit and financial background. The steps involved in the selection process include:
- Shortlisting of candidates based on their academic merit and financial background
- Document verification
- Telephonic interview of the shortlisted candidates post document verification
- Final selection of scholars
How will I receive the scholarship fund?
The scholarship amount will be transferred (on an annual basis) directly to the scholars’ bank account.
Will this scholarship be provided for subsequent years of studies?
Yes, based on the following criteria, the renewal of the scholarship for the respective scholars can be considered for successive years:
- no dropouts (from regular academic sessions)
- no disciplinary issues
- academic performance with at least passing grades every year
The scholars are also required to upload the following documents in the online scholar tracking system to receive the scholarship for subsequent years:
- Fee receipt of the new academic year that they have progressed to next year
- Academic grade report that they have passed the last exam and have good academic standing
I am in the first-year of my BDS programme. Can I apply for this scholarship?
No. This scholarship is only open for first-year MBBS students.
Am I eligible to apply for the scholarship if I am currently in the second year of the MBBS programme?
No, you cannot apply for this scholarship this year. Currently, the scholarship is open for those candidates who are pursuing their studies in the first year of their MBBS programme.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more