GSK Scholars Programme 2021-22
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
GSK Scholars Programme is a CSR initiative of the GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (India) focused towards providing financial assistance to meritorious and financially constrained students enabling them to pursue a career in Medicine. This programme aims to support the skill-building initiative of the country and advance STEM education in India.
Under this scholarship, students pursuing the first year of MBBS from government colleges will be provided financial assistance up to INR 1,00,000 per year to cover academic expenses incurred towards their MBBS programme.
The company believes in the cause of education and considers it as a powerful tool in transforming lives for a promising future. The scholarship programme is facilitated by GiveIndia.
GSK Scholars Programme 2021-22
- Open for Indian nationals only
- Students must be pursuing the first year of MBBS programme from government colleges
- Applicants must have obtained at least 65% marks in Class 12 board examinations
- Annual family income of the applicants should be below INR 6,00,000 (6 lakh) from all sources
- Children of employees of GSK, GiveIndia and Buddy4Study are not eligible
Up to INR 1,00,000 per year for students pursuing MBBS, with a total of up to INR 4.5 lakh over four and a half years.
Note: Scholarship funds can be utilized only for academic expense purposes which includes tuition fees, exam fees, books, hostel fees, food, and seminars. If funds still remain, it will be used for stationery, online learning, and payment of internet/data pack bills.
- Marksheet of Class 12
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card/voter identity card/driving license/PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Family income proof (salary slip, Form 16, Income Certificate, ITR)
- Bank account details of applicant
- Photograph of the applicant
How can you apply?
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below
- Login to Buddy4Study using a registered ID to access the ‘Online Application Form Page’
- If not registered on Buddy4Study, register at Buddy4Study with your email/mobile number/Facebook profile/Gmail account
- You will now be redirected to the ‘GSK Scholars Programme’ application form page
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process
- Fill in the required details in the online scholarship application form
- Upload the required documents
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
011-430-92248(Ext-271) (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 6PM)email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process for the GSK Scholars Programme 2021-22?
The selection process of GSK Scholars Programme 2021-22 is a multi-stage process where students are selected on the basis of their academic merit and financial background. The steps involved in the selection process include -
- Shortlisting of candidates based on their academic merit and financial background
- Telephonic interaction with the shortlisted candidates
- Document verification of the shortlisted candidates
- Final selection
If selected, how will I receive the scholarship fund?
The scholarship amount will be transferred (on annual basis) directly to the scholars’ bank account.
Will this scholarship be provided for subsequent years of studies?
Yes, based on the following criteria, scholars can be considered for their scholarship renewal in successive years:
- no dropout (from regular academic sessions)
- no disciplinary issues
- academic performance with at least passing grades every year
The scholars are also required to upload the following documents in the online scholar tracking system to receive the scholarship for subsequent years -
- Fee receipt of new academic year that they have progressed in next year
- Academic grade report that they have passed the last exam and have good academic standing
I am in the first year of my BDS programme. Can I apply for this scholarship?
No. This scholarship is only open for first year MBBS students.
I am currently taking admission in an MBBS course but do not have all required documents to complete my application for this scholarship programme. What should I do?
You must register for this scholarship program and complete your application process once you have all the required documents ready with you. Your candidature will be considered for the next batch of this scholarship programme.
I am a first year MBBS student (academic year 2020-21). My first-year final examination is yet to be held. Can I apply?
Yes, you can apply for this scholarship programme as it is meant for first-year MBBS students. However, as part of the application process, you would be required to submit all the academic expense related documents to avail this scholarship opportunity.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
#GSK_scholarship ..... I've not received any confirmation SMS or e-mail yet , so is there any more chance or I'm rejected ?
Asked by Niloy Sarkar on 20-Jan-2022
s akhil on 21-Jan-2022
Kindly share your registered mobile number for better assistance.
Asked by ARYAN GUPTA on 19-Jan-2022
s akhil on 22-Jan-2022
Kindly wait for an update you will inform by via email and SMS for the registered mobile number.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more