The applications for Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) scholarship 2022 for girls began on 10 February 2022 and the window for applying for the scholarship closed on 31 March 2022. These applications will be accepted at the Recruitment and Assessment Center (RAC) and interested students can still apply through the official website.
- The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) scholarship scheme for undergraduate and postgraduate-level girl students is established by the Research and Development wing of the Ministry of Defense.
- It is provided through Aeronautics Research and Development Board (AR & DB).
- A total of 30 scholarships are being offered. Out of this, 20 are for undergraduates and 10 are for postgraduate students.
- Undergraduate students will receive a scholarship amount of up to Rs 1,20,000 per year, while postgraduate students will receive Rs 1,86,000 per year.
What is the DRDO Scholarship for Girls Eligibility?
- Girls or women studying in the first year of a full-time undergraduate degree (four years) are eligible to apply.
- Girls or women studying a full-time postgraduate degree (two years) are also eligible to apply, provided they are pursuing their degree from the following streams of engineering:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Space Engineering
- Aircraft Engineering
How to Apply for DRDO Scholarship for Girls?
Eligible candidates were required to submit online applications on the RAC website before 31 March 2022.
- Candidates may write to firstname.lastname@example.org for queries related to the status of approval of scholarship and application form submission.
- Candidates may also write to email@example.com for the same.
- Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the official notification for further information.
DRDO Scholarship for Girls – Selection Process
- First-year undergraduate (B.E./B.Tech./BSc. Engg.) will be based on the merit of JEE (Main).
- Candidates without a valid Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main score will not be considered.
- First-year postgraduate (M.E./M.Tech./M.Sc. Engg.) scholarship for a two-year full-time course will be based on a valid GATE score on a merit basis.
- Candidates without a valid Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) score will not be considered.
DRDO Scholarship for Girls – Documents Required
- Recent passport-size colour photograph (max size 50 KB)
- Aadhaar Card (max 500 KB)
- Proof of admission (max 500 KB)
- Fee details (max 500 KB)
- Certificate from institute (max 500 KB)
- A printout of the finally submitted online application for future reference
DRDO Scholarship for Girls – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the other scholarships offered by DRDO?
DRDO offers several scholarships, sponsorships, and grants to research scholars. To know more about the programs, candidates must visit the official website - drdo.gov.in.
Are there other scholarships for female candidates from different academic backgrounds?
Many government and non-governmental organizations in India provide several scholarship programs to support female candidates. A few of the known scholarships for female candidates are - the Santoor Women scholarship, Loreal India for young women in Science scholarship, Indira Gandhi scholarship for single girl children, and many others.
What is the fee for the DRDO Application form?
The application fee for male candidates from the General and OBC categories is INR 100. However, candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PWD/Female categories are exempted from paying any application fee.