DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
RAC (Recruitment and Assessment Centre) of DRDO, Government of India is inviting applications from girls/women students studying in first-year under-graduate (B.E/B.Tech, full time) and first-year postgraduate (M.Tech/M.E, full time) courses for DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2020. The selected students will get a financial award of up to INR 1,86,000 per annum.
DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian national
- Be a girl/women student pursuing UG/PG courses in Aerospace Engineering/ Aeronautical Engineering/ Space Engineering & Rocketry/ Aircraft Engineering/ Avionics for FY 2020-21
- Fulfil the following conditions (for UG students):
- Applicant must be enrolled in the first year of the relevant BE/BTech/BSc Engineering course at the time of application.
- Applicant must have cleared JEE (Mains) and have a valid score for the same.
- Fulfil the following conditions (for PG students):
- Applicant must be enrolled in the first year of the relevant ME/MTech/MSc Engineering course at the time of application.
- Applicant must have scored 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.75 in graduation (BE/BTech/B.Engg).
- Applicant must have a valid GATE score.
The selected students will get the following benefits:
- For UG students: A total of 20 scholarships will be given that include INR 1,20,000 per annum or annual fees, whichever is less for a maximum period of four years.
- For PG students: A total of 10 scholarships will be given that include INR 1,55,000 to INR 1,86,000 per year for a maximum period of two years.
Following documents are required to apply:
- Scanned copy of each of the requisite certificates with the online scholarship application.
- Recent passport size colour photograph (max. size 50 KB)
- Aadhaar Card (max 500 KB)
- Proof of admission (max 500 KB)
- Fees details (max 500 KB)
- Certificate from Institute (max 500 KB)
- A printout of the finally submitted/Locked online application for reference.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click here and visit the online application page.
Step 2: Click on "Online Application Form".
Step 3: Fill in all the details and click on "Register"
Step 4: Click on "Log In" and log in with registered email ID
Step 5: Fill in all the details in the "Personal details" tab.
Step 6: Upload all the documents and photograph.
Step 7: Submit and lock the form
Online application starts: 15th August 2020
Application deadline: 31st December 2020
The selection for UG students will be done on the basis of merit obtained by them in JEE (Mains). However, the selection for PG students will be made on the basis of merit obtained in GATE examination.
Terms and Conditions
- It is mandatory for students to maintain a cumulative grade point of 7.0 or 70% marks during the course and must pass all the exams and tests in order to receive the scholarship in the following years.
- Those students who won't be able to pass one or more subjects, will not be given the scholarship anymore.
- Once a student is disqualified from the scholarship, she will not be accepted again, even if she qualifies again.
Click here to know more.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by SUMADEEPIKA BALAGARI on 15-Jul-2020
Dimple Thapa on 16-Jul-2020
Kindly update the scholarship name for better assistance.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more