DBS Scholarship Program is an initiative of DBS Bank to provide financial assistance to school-level children of police personnel and help them continue their education. Under this scholarship program, students from Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Puducherry who are currently enrolled in Class 9 or 10 will receive a scholarship of INR 20,000 each year for a period of 3 years (up to Class 12).
This article will help you in having a deeper cognizance of this scholarship programme in terms of its application process, eligibility, documentation, and other needful information. Read further to have a detailed understanding of this scholarship and its application process.
DBS Scholarship Program – An Overview
DBS Scholarship Program has been launched by DBS Bank supports meritorious children of employees serving in the police force to access and complete their education.
It has introduced the DBS Scholarship Program in partnership with Buddy4Study (implementation partner) for children of police personnel (Sub-Inspector and below ranks).
The table given below consists of the essential details about the scholarship program for your quick reference.
Detailed Overview of DBS Scholarship Program
|Name of the Scholarship||DBS Scholarship Program|
|Provider Detail||DBS Bank|
|Award||INR 20,000 per year for up to 3 years (up to Class 12)|
|Last Date to Apply*||February 05, 2023|
*The application deadline mentioned above is tentative and may change at the discretion of the scholarship provider.
DBS Scholarship Program – Key Dates
Now, with this brief piece of information, it is important to have knowledge of some other details. But before referring to them, the candidates are necessarily required to keep track of the important dates of application to this scholarship programme. The applications for the DBS Scholarship Program are currently open. The last date to submit the application forms is February 05, 2023.
DBS Scholarship Program – Eligibility
- Applicants must be children of police personnel (Sub-Inspector and below ranks).
- Applicants must be residents of the following states in India – Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Puducherry.
- Applicants must be currently pursuing school education in class 9 or 10.
- Children of employees of DBS Bank, Buddy4Study and their subsidiaries are not eligible to apply.
DBS Scholarship Program – Award Details
INR 20,000 per year for up to 3 years (up to Class 12)
Note: The scholarship amount can be utilised only for academic expenses, including tuition fees, hostel fees, food charges, internet service, learning devices, laptops, books, stationery, online learning, etc.
DBS Scholarship Program – Application Process
Eligible candidates can apply for the DBS Scholarship Program online by following the steps mentioned below –
- Visit the official scholarship page.
- Read all the details carefully and Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective category of scholarship.
- Login to Buddy4Study using a registered ID to land on the ‘Online Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register with your Email/Mobile Number/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘DBS Scholarship Program’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
DBS Scholarship Program – Key Documents
Candidates applying for this scholarship program need to upload the following documents while applying
- Marksheet of the previous academic year
- Aadhaar card of the applicant
- Employee ID card of the parent who is a police personnel
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Bank account details of applicant (or parent)
- Photograph of the applicant
DBS Scholarship Program – Selection Process
The selection of scholars for the ‘DBS Scholarship Program’ will be made on the basis of their academic merit and financial background. It involves a multi-stage process as detailed below –
- Initial shortlisting of applications based on the their academic merit and eligibility
- Telephonic interview of shortlisted candidates followed by document verification
- Final selection decision by scholarship provider
- DBS Bank reserves the right to accept or reject applications
DBS Scholarship Program – Contact Details
In case you have any queries related to this scholarship programme, its eligibility, the application process, award details, or selection process, you are requested to connect through the contact details given below –
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 011-430-92248 (Ext-304)