UP Pre-matric scholarships are for those students of Uttar Pradesh who are studying in class 9 and 10. These UP scholarships are disbursed by the Social Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh and can be availed by the students who belong to the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Brimming with a population of 20.42 crores according to the 2012 census, the state also boasts a large number of students, be it Pre-matric level students or Post-matric level students. The UP pre-matric scholarships sponsored by the state government aim to financially help students who need support to continue their education. Keeping in mind that no student is left behind, UP scholarships have been segmented into different categories to include students of different needs, levels and requirements. The UP pre-matric scholarships are available on merit as well as need basis to the students pursuing their education in the state.
In this article, we are going to cover the Pre-matric level scholarships that come under the UP scholarships. You will find a detailed account of these scholarships such as eligibility criteria, rewards, important dates, application procedure and more.
Read the highlights of UP Pre-matric scholarships here.
UP Scholarships – List of UP Pre-matric scholarships
Given below is a complete list of scholarships that available for the pre-matric students. The activity period for all these scholarships is between the months of July and September.
Pre-matric UP Scholarships – A detailed list
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Application Period*|
|1.||Pre-matric Scholarship for ST/SC/General Category, Uttar Pradesh||July to September|
|2.||Pre-matric Scholarship for Minorities, Uttar Pradesh||July to September|
|3.||Pre-matric Scholarship for OBC students, Uttar Pradesh||July to September|
* The application period mentioned above is tentative and subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Pre-matric UP Scholarships – Important dates
The scholarship application period varies from year-to-year. In the year 2018, the last date to submit the scholarship application form was 30 September 2018. Given below is the key dates of UP pre-matric scholarships applicable in the year 2018.
Key dates of UP Pre-matric Scholarships
|1.||Last date to submit scholarship application form||30 September 2018|
|2.||Last date to submit the hard copy of application at the applicant’s institution||6 October 2018|
|3.||Submission of application form after correction in the form of hardcopy by students||22 November 2018|
|4.||Release of fund||15 January 2018|
* The key dates mentioned above are tentative and subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
UP Scholarships – Rewards of Pre-matric scholarships
The Social Welfare Department, Govt. of UP provides financial assistance and other benefits to the students selected under Pre-matric UP scholarships. The scholarship amount is determined on the basis of the need of a student and his/her academic merit. This financial aid covers a student’s tuition fee, non-refundable fees, stationery and some other requirements. Find below the detail of scholarship rewards that a student receives under UP Pre-matric scholarships.
Details of UP Pre-matric Scholarships
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Award Details|
|1.||Pre-matric Scholarship for ST/SC/General Category, Uttar Pradesh||Variable financial award|
|2.||Pre-matric Scholarship for Minorities, Uttar Pradesh||Variable financial award|
|3.||Pre-matric Scholarship for OBC students, Uttar Pradesh||Variable financial award|
UP Pre-matric scholarships – Eligibility criteria
One of the key eligibility criteria of Pre-matric UP scholarships is that students need to have the domicile of Uttar Pradesh or be the permanent resident of UP in order to avail the scholarship benefits. There are several other requirements that students need to fulfill. The details of those requirements can be found in the table given below.
Eligibility criteria of Pre-matric UP scholarships
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||Pre-matric Scholarship for ST/SC/General Category, Uttar Pradesh||
|2.||Pre-matric Scholarship for Minorities, Uttar Pradesh||
|3.||Pre-matric Scholarship for OBC students, Uttar Pradesh||
UP Pre-matric scholarships: How to apply?
Uttar Pradesh Government has launched an Online Scholarship Portal to make the process of applying for scholarships easier and simpler for students. Students can apply online to avail the scholarship benefits of UP Pre-matric Scholarships. Given below is a detailed description on how to apply for the pre-matric scholarship of your choice.
- First and foremost, the candidate needs to register as a new user on ‘UP Government’s Scholarship and Fee Reimbursement Online System’. After registering, the applicant needs to keep the printout of registration slip for future reference.
- Once registered, the applicant needs to apply for fresh application under ‘Student’ section by logging on the portal using the registration number, date of birth and password.
- The candidate must fill all the required details in the scholarship application form and submit it.
- After submitting the application, the candidates need to upload their passport size photograph and other required documents such as residential proof, caste certificate (if applicable), income certificate, mark sheets and certificates.
- Now, the applicants must go through each and every information they have filled in the scholarship application form to make sure that the information is correct and then, finally submit the application form.
- After the final submission, the candidate needs to take the printout of the filled application form and attach other supporting documents with it and then submit the form at his/her respective educational institutions.