U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24 is an initiative of U-Go in association with GiveIndia to provide financial assistance to young women undertaking professional graduation courses. Under this scholarship, academically bright students pursuing professional graduation courses such as teaching, nursing, pharmacy, medicine, engineering, etc., will be provided with financial assistance of up to INR 60,000 per year for up to four years.
This article offers detailed information about the U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24 in terms of its application process, eligibility, documentation, and other needful information. Read further to have a detailed understanding of this scholarship and its application process.
U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24 – An Overview
U-Go, a non-profit organisation based in California, USA, in association with GiveIndia, offers this scholarship to help ambitious and promising young women in India pursue higher education.
The table given below consists of the essential details about the scholarship program for a quick reference.
Detailed Overview of U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24
|Name of the Scholarship
|U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24
|U-Go and GiveIndia
|Merit and means based
|Open to young women pursuing first year of professional graduation courses such as teaching, nursing, pharmacy, medicine, engineering, etc., in India. Applicants must have secured at least 70% marks in both Classes 10 and 12. The annual family income of the applicant from all sources must be less than INR 5 lakh.
|Up to INR 60000 per year for the length of the program
|Last Date to Apply*
|December 19, 2023
|Online through Buddy4Study portal
*The application deadline mentioned above is tentative and may change at the discretion of the scholarship provider.
U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24 – Key Dates
Now, with this brief piece of information, it is important to have knowledge of some other details. But before referring to them, the candidates are necessarily required to keep track of the important dates of application to this scholarship programme. The applications for U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24 are currently open. The last date to submit the application forms is December 19, 2023.
U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24 – Eligibility
- Young women pursuing professional graduation courses such as teaching, nursing, pharmacy, medicine, engineering, etc. are eligible.
- Applicants must be studying in the first year of their graduation program.
- Applicants must have secured at least 70% marks in the Class 10 and 12 examinations.
- The annual family income of the applicants from all sources must be less than INR 5 lakh.
- Students from pan-India can apply.
U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24 – Award Details
The selected scholars will receive the scholarship as specified below:
- For Teaching Courses – INR 40,000 per year for two years
- For Nursing and Pharma Courses – INR 40,000 per year for four years
- For Engineering and Medicine Courses – INR 60000 per year for four years.
Note: Scholarship funds are designated solely for academic expenses, covering tuition fees, hostel fees, food, travel, internet, device, books, stationery, online learning, and related purposes.
U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24 – Application Process
Eligible candidates can apply for the U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24 online by following the steps mentioned below –
- Visit the official scholarship page.
- Read all the details carefully and Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective category of scholarship.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land on the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile number/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘ U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24 – Key Documents
The applicants are required to attach the following documents:
- Class 12 mark sheet and passing certificates
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card/ Voter ID card/Driver’s license/PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Family income proof (ITR Form-16/income certificate issued by competent government authority/salary slips)
- Payment receipts for funds spent on academic pursuit
- Bank account details of the applicant
- Photograph of the applicant
U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24 – Selection Process
The selection of scholars for the ‘U-Go Scholarship Program 2023-24’ will be made based on their academic merit and financial background. It involves a multi-stage process as detailed below:
- Initial shortlisting of applications based on their academic merit and financial background.
- Telephonic interviews of shortlisted candidates followed by document verification for final selection.
In case one has any queries related to this scholarship programme, its eligibility, the application process, award details, or selection process, one is requested to connect through the email id given below –
Phone: 011-430-92248 (Ext-309)