Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships is a dedicated scholarship programme of Tata Trusts that aims to support undergraduate and postgraduate studies of students in medical and healthcare sciences. The scholarship offers dedicated financial support to meritorious students to cover their academic fees. Initiated as part of the company’s social welfare initiative, this scholarship has helped many students in pursuing their academic career.
What is this scholarship all about? Who is eligible for it? How can you apply for Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships? What is the amount of financial assistance offered? What documents are required? The answers to all these scholarship-related questions are covered in this article.
- Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – An Overview
- Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Key Dates
- Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Eligibility Criteria
- Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Scholarship Award
- Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Step-Wise Application Process
- Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Important Documents
- Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Selection Process
- Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Contact Details
Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – An Overview
Tata Trusts, being one of India’s oldest and reputed philanthropic organisations, runs a number of scholarship schemes to support meritorious students in different streams. It has introduced the Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships to offer support to meritorious students pursuing medical and healthcare sciences. The students who fulfil the set eligibility criteria can avail variable awards on the basis of their current course of study. The table given below provides a detailed overview about the scholarship.
Detailed Overview of Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships
|Name of the scholarship||Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarship|
|Provider detail||Tata Trusts|
|Applicable for||UG or PG students of medical and healthcare sciences|
|Scholarship award||Variable award|
|Application timeline*||In the month of February|
*The application timeline mentioned above is tentative and may change on the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Key Dates
Before heading on to knowing every significant detail related to the scholarship, the students must know its application schedule. The applications for Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarship for the academic year 2020-21 will start from 1st February 2021 and will continue till 15th February 2021. Furthermore, the students whose results will be announced after 15th February 2021 will be allowed to email their marksheets till 30th April 2021, provided they fulfil the merit criteria.
Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Eligibility Criteria
The Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships comes with a pre-defined set of eligibility conditions. These conditions are primarily based on your academic qualification and merit. The key eligibility criteria to be fulfilled for this scholarship include –
- Students who are enrolled in a UG or PG programme in Healthcare and Medical Sciences disciplines are eligible.
- They must have completed 1st year of UG studies or must be enrolled in the 1st year of PG programme at a recognized institution in India.
- They are required to have passed the minimum qualifying examination for respective discipline of studies and fulfil the ‘Exam Score Criteria’ specified in the scholarship document (Note: The students can check the detailed exam score criteria on Page-2 of the scholarship document. Click here to open the scholarship document.).
Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Scholarship Award
The amount of scholarship awarded to students for Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships varies on the basis of the course they are pursuing. The students must keep in mind that the scholarship partially covers their tuition fees and other related academic fees.
Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Step-Wise Application Process
How can you apply for Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships? What steps must be followed to make a successful application? The answers to these questions are covered in this section. The application can be made in two parts. Part-1 of application involves online filling of scholarship application form and the Part-2 of application involves submission of mandatory documents via email. The key steps to follow for the online scholarship application include the following –
Step 1: Visit the official scholarship page.
Step 2: Read all the details carefully and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button given under the ‘How can you apply?’ section.
Step 3: You will be redirected to the official scholarship notification. Read the notification carefully and click on the ‘Bachelors’ or ‘Masters’ tab for respective scholarship application (given on page 3).
Step 4: Fill in all required details in the scholarship application form.
Step 5: Submit the online application.
Step 6: Once the online application is submitted, email the mandatory documents in the specified format to email@example.com.
Important Note: The application form cannot be saved or downloaded and has to be filled in a single sitting. Also, make sure to email the mandatory documents within 24 hours of submitting the online application form.
Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Important Documents
Once the students have submitted the online scholarship application form, they are required to email all the mandatory documents (in PDF format) in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read as – “<<Stream Name>>-<<Student Name>>” (Example – (Masters MCH)-(Swati Suresh Sharma)). The key documents required for successful application of Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships include the following –
- Attested copies of marksheets relevant to the academic year 2019-20 (Note: If the marksheet has not been received, submit a letter from the college specifying the last date of the announcement of the result as per the specimen given in Annexure A of the scholarship document.)
- Fee receipt(s) for the academic year 2020-21 (Note: If partial or no fee has been paid by the candidate, submit a college/institute letter as per Annexure B given in the scholarship document.)
- A cancelled cheque or a first page of the bank passbook pertaining to student’s bank account only
- Latest annual income proof of parents/guardians
- Mandatory documents for Master’s students
- Statement of Purpose
- Amount of stipend received by the student every month (Note: Get it on the letterhead of the college as per the specimen given in Annexure C of the scholarship document.)
Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Selection Process
The selection of the scholars for Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships will be made based on the academic merit of the students. Furthermore, the shortlisted students who are studying in master’s courses may be called for an online interview through Skype. Candidates pursuing master’s courses are required to create a Skype id, if they do not have one. Please note that the decision of the Trusts’ on the amount of scholarship will be final and it will be communicated through email.
Tata Trusts Medical and Healthcare Scholarships – Contact Details
In case you come across any query related to scholarship eligibility, application process, award details or selection process, feel free to contact at the below-mentioned email address.