NHPC Sports Scholarship: Sports is a much sought-after career in India. There are many students who are good at sports and aspire to pursue it as a career option. Many Indian universities have special provisions to admit students on the basis of sports quota. Keeping the relevance and importance of sports as a career, the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) has come up with an encouraging opportunity to motivate young athletes to perform better in sports namely the NHPC Sports Scholarship. The objective of this scholarship is to provide financial aid to young athletes with a motive of fostering talent and building a pool of athletes in the country. Under this scholarship scheme, a total of 32 scholarships will be provided to the eligible and most deserving candidates.
The NHPC Sports Scholarship 2022-23 is an opportunity provided to aspiring athletes for 16 sports, including football, kabaddi, hockey, boxing, archery, athletics, shooting, cricket, swimming, wrestling, volleyball, bridge, table tennis, chess, and para-sports by NHPC Limited (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation). Those candidates who are chosen for the scholarship will get a stipend of up to INR 14,000 per month for three years.
This article will provide you with an insight about the scholarship scheme in terms of its eligibility criteria, application procedure, scholarship amount, game-wise distribution, important documents and other important information. Read ahead to get a detailed understanding of the scholarship and related details.
Note: National Hydroelectric Power Corporation is an Indian government hydropower board owned by the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
NHPC Sports Scholarships 2022-23 – Important Details
|Scholarship Name||NHPC Sports Scholarship 2022|
|Awarding Institution||NHPC Limited (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation)|
|Age Limit||14 to 24 Years|
|Benefits||Upto INR 14,000|
|Last Date||19 December 2022|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
NHPC Sports Scholarship 2022-23 – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship as laid down by National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) is as follows:
- 14-19 years of age for junior players
- 14-24 years of age for para-sports players
- Players born on or after 01.12.2003 and on or before 01.12.2008 are eligible for the junior player scholarship.
- Players born on or after 01.12.1998 and on or before 01.12.2008 are eligible for the Para Sports scholarship.
|Team Game||Must represent country at Junior or Senior Level||Must represent state at Junior or Senior Level|
|Individual Game||Must hold a national ranking between 1-5 in juniors or sub juniors or semi finalist/finalist in national championship||Must hold a national ranking between 6-15 in juniors or sub juniors or semi finalist/finalist in national championship|
|Para Sports (Individual Sports)||Must be issued a license by the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) and a national ranking between 1-5 by PCI.||Must be issued a license by the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) and a national ranking between 6-15 by PCI.|
NHPC Sports Scholarship 2022-23 – Scholarship Amount
The candidate selected under this scholarship scheme will be given up to INR 14000 every month for a duration of 3 years, depending upon his/her qualified category. The monthly breakup of the scholarship is as follows:
|Category||Stipend (1st Year)||Stipend (2nd Year)||Stipend (3rd Year)|
|Scholar||INR 9,000||INR 10,000||INR 11,000|
|Elite Scholar||INR 12,000||INR 13,000||INR 14,000|
- A maximum of INR 5,000 can be given to each student annually for the purchase of sports equipment if he/she is able to furnish the original bill for the reimbursement.
- A maximum of INR 48,000 is allowed each year for scholars (individual games only) participating in up to six All India Ranking tournaments for Dearness Allowance, travel, hotel accommodations, transportation, etc.
Note: In case of team games, no allowance is permissible for Dearness Allowance, travel, hotel accommodation, conveyance, etc.
NHPC Sports Scholarship 2022-23 – Game-Wise Distribution
|S.NO.||GAME||CATEGORY||NO. OF SCHOLARSHIP|
|13.||Table Tennis||INDIVIDUAL GAME||2|
|16.||Para Sports||INDIVIDUAL GAME||2|
NHPC Sports Scholarship 2022-23 – Important Documents
- Filled application form with applicant’s signature, name, designation, recommendation of Head/Principal of Institution/School where the applicant is studying or the seal of Secretary of the State Federation/National Federation of the sports concerned.
- Self-attested copy of age proof.
- Photocopies of certificate or result or relevant documents attested by a gazetted officer.
- Caste certificate attested by a gazetted officer if the candidate belongs to any reserved category.
- A copy of his/her parent’s ID Card in case the candidate is a son/daughter of an NHPC employee.
- Signed copy of Annexure-I by applicant and parent/guardian with date.
- Annexure-II signed by the parent/guardian of the applicant and attested by a gazetted officer along with his/her name, designation, signature, and seal.
NHPC Sports Scholarship 2022-23 – Application Process
The mode of application for the NHPC Scholarship is offline. The candidate must follow the instructions below for applying for the scholarship.
- The applicant must download the form by clicking here and get a printout of the same.
- The applicant must then fill the form according to the given instructions.
- Once the form is completely filled, the candidate must attach all the required documents.
- Finally, the candidate must send the form on the below mentioned address:
Manager (PR)/Corporate Sports Coordinator Corporate Communication Department, NHPC Limited, Sector-33, Faridabad, Haryana -121003
Note: The candidate must be very careful about the last date of submission i.e. 19 December, 2022. Therefore, he/she must make sure that he/she has sent the form for it to reach the respective address on or before 19 December, 2022.
For more information on the NHPC Sports Scholarship 2022-23, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the last date to apply for the scholarship?
The last date to apply for the scholarship is 19 December 2022.
What is the mode of application for the scholarship?
The mode of application for the scholarship is offline.
What is the age limit for applying for the scholarship?
The age limit for the scholarship for junior category is 14-19 years and 14-24 years for Para Sports category.
Where can the students send their filled up application forms?
The interested candidates must send the filled up application form to - Manager (PR)/Corporate Sports Coordinator Corporate Communication Department, NHPC Limited, Sector-33, Faridabad, Haryana -121003.
What is the total amount of scholarship given to students under the NHPC Scholarship scheme?
The candidate selected under the NHPC Scholarship Scheme will be given up to INR 14,000 every month for a duration of 3 years, depending upon his/her qualified category.
What is the total number of scholarships to be provided under this scholarship scheme?
A total of 32 scholarships are to be provided under the NHPC scholarship scheme.
Which sports are included in the NHPC Sports Scholarship?
This scholarship will be provided to aspiring athletes for 16 sports, including football, kabaddi, hockey, boxing, archery, athletics, shooting, cricket, swimming, wrestling, volleyball, bridge, table tennis, chess, and para-sports.
To read this article in Hindi please click here.