‘myScheme portal’ is a national platform designed for seamless exploration and accessibility of government schemes. It is a sincere attempt to streamline the government-user interface for government schemes and benefits in order to make citizens life easier by reducing time and effort required to identify and avail government schemes. It employs innovative technology to match scheme information with eligibility criteria of the citizens. The platform assists citizens in identifying suitable government schemes and provides guidance on the application process, and thus eliminates the need to navigate multiple government websites. It has been developed by the National e-Governance Division (NeGD), with support from the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievance (DARPG). It is being managed in collaboration with various central and state ministries/departments.
‘myScheme portal’, a revolutionary platform was launched on July 4, 2022 by the Honourable Prime Minister of India during the Digital India Week 2022 event held at Gandhinagar, Gujarat from 4th to 6th July. It is a one-stop search and discovery portal where users can find schemes that they are eligible for.
This innovative platform serves as a centralised marketplace, simplifying the search and discovery of relevant schemes. The prominent aim of the myScheme portal is seamless, convenient, paperless, cashless, faceless, and time-bound execution of various government schemes.
The following article sheds light on the relevant information including features, objective and services of myScheme portal (www.myscheme.gov.in):
Objectives of myScheme Portal
The main objectives of the myScheme portal are as follows:
- myScheme portal is a unified platform for government schemes available at all the levels of administration.
- It simplifies the process of application for students and interested citizens by eliminating the need to search multiple websites, simplifying complex guidelines, and easier tracking of applications.
- It empowers users to find relevant schemes based on their needs.
- It promotes innovation and entrepreneurship by offering government services through various delivery channels.
- It enables students and the general populace to apply for schemes directly through the platform using secure technologies.
Features of myScheme Portal
The multiple features offered by the portal includes the following that caters to various needs of the applicants in finding a relevant government benefit scheme for themselves:
- Centralised Access to Information: ‘myScheme’ platform contributes significantly to the academic journey of students by offering a range of valuable resources and functionalities. It empowers users by providing comprehensive information on government schemes. This includes the following:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Processes
- Required Documents
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Currently, myScheme portal enlists more than 1,520 ongoing schemes that includes more than 1,101 schemes applicable for States/UTs and over 500 central schemes providing benefits to students and the general public.
The following table presents the categories and number schemes that are in operation as per the data available till January 5th, 2024.
|Category of Schemes
|Number of Schemes
|Agriculture, Rural and Environment
|Business and Entrepreneurship
|Education and Learning
|Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
|Health and Wellness
|Social Welfare and Empowerment
|Skills and Employment
|Sports and Culture
|Science, IT and Communications
|Housing and Shelter
|Transport and Infrastructure
|Utility and Sanitation
|Travel and Tourism
|Public Safety, Law and Justice
➭ Easy to Search: With the ‘Scheme Finder’, users can easily discover government programmes that they’re eligible for. They simply need to enter the basic details, and the portal displays a personalised list of available relevant schemes.
➭ myScheme platform offers a convenient three-step process for students and the general public to discover eligible government schemes. Related information on the most relevant schemes can be easily availed by following the steps outlined below:
Step 1: Enter the following details for a personalised search outcome:
- Family Size (optional)
- Income (optional)
Step 2: myScheme portal finds relevant schemes from hundreds of available options on the basis of provided information.
Step 3: Interested applicants can choose from the list of eligible schemes, read detailed information and FAQs for easy application through the provided link.
➭ myScheme portal is committed to easy accessibility. It complies with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 at Level AA. This ensures that students with visual impairments can also access the platform using assistive technologies like screen readers.
➭ Updates and Notifications: The portal provides latest updates to the students and applicants about upcoming deadlines, new schemes, changes in eligibility criteria, and other important information through notifications and alerts.
Significance of myScheme Portal for the Students
The primary objective of the myScheme is to promote transparency, efficiency, and inclusivity in the delivery of government services by offering a centralised database of readily accessible information. This empowers citizens to make informed decisions with respect to their entitlements and benefits. Additionally, myScheme platform reduces administrative burdens and streamlines application and disbursal process of the benefits, ensuring prompt delivery of services.
The portal offers various schemes to support students at different stages of their academic journey. Breakdown of the education-related schemes available on myScheme portal is given as under:
- Central Sector Scholarship Schemes: These schemes refer to a group of scholarship programmes funded and implemented directly by the Central Government of India. It aims to provide financial assistance to deserving students, primarily on the basis of merit and socio-economic factors and thus extending a helping hand to pursue higher education. Several schemes fall under this umbrella, catering to different student groups and educational levels. Some popular schemes includes the following:
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students (CSSS)
- National Scholarship Scheme for students from SC/ST/OBC/EWS categories
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme for Students of School Education
- Postgraduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child (SGC)
- State/UT Scholarship Schemes: These scholarship programmes are offered by the States and Union Territories of India to extend support to students pursuing their education. These scholarship programmes cater to students from specific categories, minority groups, economically weaker sections including merit-based criteria. It covers various students pursuing their studies at multiple levels from pre-matriculation to professional courses.
- Central Ministry Scholarship Schemes: These are financial aid programmes offered by various ministries of the Indian government to support students pursuing their education at different levels. These scholarship programmes are aimed at promoting access to quality education for students from diverse backgrounds and socio-economic groups. Some of the relevant examples are as under:
➭ National Scholarship Programmes such as National Scholarship Scheme for SC/ST/OBC Students, National Scholarship Scheme for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), etc.
➭ Merit-Based Scholarship Programmes such as Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students, Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Doctoral Fellows (PMS-DF), etc.
➭ Scholarship Programmes for Specific Groups which includes Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Students with Disabilities, Central Scholarship Scheme for College and University Students from North-Eastern Region, etc.
➭ Scholarship Schemes for Professional and Technical Courses such as Scholarships for Engineering Students of North-Eastern Region, Scholarships for Medical Students of North-Eastern Region, etc.
➭ International Scholarship Programmes such as the Prime Minister’s Research Fellows (PMRF) Scheme, etc.
There is no doubt that India has actively removed so many lines by delivering administration and services online. Digital India has brought the government to the doorsteps and mobile phones of the citizens. India’s FinTech endeavour is truly a solution by the people, of the people and for the people. There is scale, security in harmony with democratic values in our digital solutions. This has been truly stated that India is guiding the world in the fourth industrial revolution, Industry 4.0. ‘myScheme’ portal stands as a testament to the power of technology in bridging the gap between students/citizens and their entitlements. It streamlines, educates, and empowers individuals to actively participate in their own well-being and unlock their full potential. Beyond individual impact, the portal fosters inclusive growth by ensuring equitable access to critical support programs, ultimately contributing to a more prosperous and empowered nation.
What is myScheme portal?
‘myScheme’ is a national platform that provides one-stop search arrangements for availing information and participation in government schemes dedicatedly meant for the Indian citizens.
Is myScheme available in multiple languages?
Currently, myScheme portal can be accessed in two languages, Hindi and English. More languages will be added soon.
Does myScheme portal cover both Central and State Government Programmes?
Yes, the portal includes schemes made available by the governments at the Centre, States and Union Territories (UTs) .
How can I find schemes relevant to me?
Interested applicants can find the most of the relevant schemes for themselves by following:
- Scheme Finder, where they can enter the demographic details such as age, location, income etc. for personalised recommendations.
- ‘Browse by Category’ can help explore schemes based on the categories such as education, healthcare, finance, etc.
- ‘Search by Keyword’ can help generate specific schemes using names or keywords.
What are the available devices that can help access the ‘myScheme’ platform?
‘myScheme’ portal is accessible on any device with an internet browser, including computers, smartphones, and tablets. The students can also download its mobile app for an enhanced experience.
Where can I find detailed information about a scheme?
Each scheme page on myScheme portal provides key information like benefits, eligibility criteria, application process, and important documents. It also links to the official website of the scheme for further details where the students can find the most suitable scheme.