Ladli Yojna is a scheme launched by the Government of NCT of Delhi in the year 2008. With Ladli Yojna, the Delhi Government aims to empower a female child by enhancing their social status and self-reliance through proper education, economic security, and protection against discrimination and deprivation. The females who are born in the last 1 year can avail the benefits of the Delhi Ladli Scheme. As for those female children who are born before this period, they can also be the recipients of financial assistance under the Delhi Ladli Scheme if they are enrolled in Class 1, 6, 9, or class 12 of a government-recognised school.
Find below the full details of Ladli Yojna of Delhi.
Ladli Yojna – Rewards
Under Ladli Yojna, a female child born in the year 2018 receives ₹11,000 (if born in a hospital/nursing home in Delhi) or ₹10,000 (if born at home). In addition to the financial assistance received within the birth year, the female children receive other financial benefits as well with the commencement of their education. The payments that are made in the name of the child are kept as fixed deposits in the child’s name. It can be redeemed along with the accrued interest when the female reaches the age of maturity which is 18 years of age and has passed Class 10. Given below are the complete details about the benefits granted under the Delhi Ladli Scheme.
Benefits under Ladli Yojna of Delhi
|A female child born in the year 2018
|On admission of the female child in Class 1
|On admission of the child in Class 6
|On admission of the child in Class 9
|On passing of Class 10
|On admission of the child in Class 12
Since the females born in Delhi can register for the Delhi Ladli scheme at any of the stages mentioned above in the table, the amount released to them at the end of the lock-in period varies.
Ladli Yojna – Eligibility Criteria
To receive the benefits of Ladli Yojna, the applicants must fulfill certain eligibility conditions. One such condition is that the candidate must be a resident of Delhi. Find below the list of detailed information about the eligibility criteria for Ladli Yojna.
Eligibility Criteria for the Females Born after 1st January 2018:
- The candidate who wishes to avail the benefits of the Delhi Ladli scheme must be a female child.
- The applicant, i.e., the child’s parent must be a bonafide resident of the National Capital Territory of Delhi for at least 3 years preceding the date of birth.
- The female child must be born in Delhi.
- The annual family income of the parents of the child must not be more than ₹1,00,000.
Eligibility Criteria for all the Other Female Children of Delhi:
- The child must be born in Delhi.
- The parents of the child must be residing in Delhi for at least 3 years before the date of application of the Delhi Ladli Scheme.
- The annual family income of the parents of the female child must not exceed ₹1,00,000.
- The female student must be studying in a Government/MCD/NDMC or Government recognised school.
- The candidate must have been admitted in Class 1/6/9/12 or have passed Class 10.
- Also, the Ladli Yojna of Delhi is limited to 2 surviving females per family.
Also Read: ‘Scholarships for Indian Girls and Women’
Ladli Yojna – Application Process
The applications for Ladli Yojna are accepted through offline mode, i.e., the completed applications need to be submitted at the concerned office. Given below is the complete guideline on how to apply for the Delhi Ladli Scheme.
Step 1: The application form for Delhi Ladli Scheme can either be downloaded from the official website of the Department of Women & Child Development or obtained from the District Officer of the concerned departments which include the Department of Social Welfare/ WCD, Government of Delhi/ State Bank of India/Government recognised schools.
Step 2: Now, fill all the required details in the form.
Step 3: Attach all the necessary documents with the filled-in application form.
Step 4: Now, submit the form to the concerned District Officer.
Note: If the candidate is a school-going female, then the completed application form must be submitted within 90 days of her admission. And in the case of a newly-born child, the application must be submitted within the year of birth.
Ladli Yojna – Key Documents
While applying for Delhi Ladli Scheme, some important documents need to be submitted in support of the details provided in the form as the lack of these documents may lead to rejection. Find below the list of all the key documents that must be submitted with the completed application form of Ladli Yojna.
- Proof of residence to show that the parents of the candidate have been living in Delhi for at least 3 years (Copy of ration card/voter ID card/any other related document)
- Birth certificate of the female child issued by the Registrar (Births and Deaths) of the National Capital Territory of Delhi to show that the candidate was born in Delhi
- A joint photograph of the female child and her parents.
- A self-declaration form by the parent(s) for their annual income
- Admission certificate of the child issued from Government/MCD/NDMC or Government recognised school in case the child is a school-going candidate
Ladli Yojna – Terms & Conditions
There are a few rules and regulations that must be taken into account before applying for the Delhi Ladli scheme. Find below the terms and conditions that apply to Ladli Yojna of Delhi.
- Under Ladli Yojna, female children receive ₹5,000 every time they cross a milestone like getting admitted into Class 1, 6, 9, and 12. They also receive ₹5,000 at the time of passing Class 10.
- The candidates can apply separately under the Delhi Ladli Scheme at the time of getting admission in any of the above-mentioned classes.
- Only those female children whose application is made at the time of their birth and renewed every time while crossing the milestones mentioned above become eligible to receive an amount of ₹1,00,000, approximately. Other female candidates who register with the scheme at different stages get the amount with interest of the sum deposited in their account by the Delhi Government.
- In case the female child dies before receiving the benefits from the Delhi Ladli scheme upon its maturation, the deposit amount is forfeited and returned to the treasury of the Government.
- The deposits made by the Delhi Government under Ladli Yojna are non-transferable/non-refundable and it cannot be encashed before the maturation period.
- The deposits can only be encashed when the female child turns 18 years of age and at least passes Class 10.
- For renewal of the long-term fixed deposit receipts at every stage of the deposit, a certificate indicating that the beneficiary female child is alive and pursuing education in a regular school must be submitted to the Competent Authority. The parents can obtain the certificate from the school authorities and get it attested by the Principal/Head of the School.
- In case of any change of address of the beneficiary female child, the Competent Authority must be notified about it with address proof within one month of the change.
- At the time of receiving the amount upon maturity, the candidates must submit an application form along with an acknowledgment letter received from the State Bank Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (SBIL), residential address, mark sheets of class 10 or 12 (whichever is applicable), copy of bank passbook showing the account number and mobile/landline number.
- Also, the female candidates must open a Zero Balance Saving Accounts with the State Bank of India (SBI) by showing the acknowledgment letter received from SBIL.
Ladli Yojna – Contact Details
In case of any query or grievances related to the Delhi Ladli scheme, the applicants can contact the concerned authorities as mentioned below.
Competent Authority: District Office of the Dept. of WCD, Delhi Govt.
Assistant Director LADLI, Delhi Ladli Scheme,
Department of Women and Child Development,
Government of NCT of Delhi
01 Canning Lane, Pandit Ravi Shankar Shukla Lane,
Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Delhi 110001
Contact Number: (011) – 23070378
- ‘National Scholarship Portal – A Hub for Government Scholarships’
- ‘Top Scholarships for Students of Delhi’
Ladli Yojna – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Ladli Yojna, and when was it launched?
Ladli Yojna is a scheme launched by the Government of NCT of Delhi in 2008. It aims to empower female children through education, economic security, and protection against discrimination.
How much financial assistance does a female child born under Ladli Yojna receive?
A female born in the last year receives ₹11,000 (if born in a Delhi hospital/nursing home) or ₹10,000 (if born at home). Additional financial benefits are provided at different stages of the female’s education.
What are the stages at which financial benefits are provided under Ladli Yojna?
Financial benefits are provided on admission to Class 1, Class 6, Class 9, and Class 12, as well as on passing Class 10. Each stage offers a financial benefit of ₹5,000.
What happens to the payments made under Ladli Yojna?
Payments made in the child’s name are kept as fixed deposits, redeemable with accrued interest when the female reaches 18 years of age and has passed Class 10.
What are the eligibility criteria for Ladli Yojna?
To be eligible, the female child must be born in Delhi, and the annual family income of the parents should not exceed ₹1,00,000. Additional criteria vary for females born within the last year and those born earlier.
How can one apply for Ladli Yojna, and what are the key documents required?
Applications are accepted offline. The form can be obtained from specified offices or downloaded. Key documents include residence proof, birth certificate, a joint photograph of the child and parents, and a self-declaration form regarding annual income.
What are the terms and conditions of Ladli Yojna?
Ladli Yojna provides ₹5,000 at each educational milestone. Only females whose application is made at birth and renewed at each stage become eligible for a total amount of approximately ₹1,00,000. Deposits are non-transferable, non-refundable, and can only be encashed when the female turns 18 and passes Class 10.
What should be done in case of a change of address or to renew fixed deposit receipts?
In case of a change of address, the Competent Authority must be notified with proof within one month. For renewals, a certificate indicating the female is alive and pursuing education must be submitted at every stage.
How can one contact authorities for Ladli Yojna-related queries?
Concerns or grievances related to the Delhi Ladli Scheme can be addressed to the Competent Authority at the District Office of the Department of Women and Child Development. The Ladli Yojna helpline number is 011-23381892.
What happens in case the female child passes away before receiving the benefits of Ladli Yojna?
If the female child passes away before maturity, the deposit amount is forfeited and returned to the government’s treasury. The deposits can only be encashed when the female reaches 18 years of age and at least passes Class 10.