Ladli Yojna is a scheme launched by the Government of NCT of Delhi in the year 2008. With Ladli Yojna, the Delhi Government aims to empower a girl child by enhancing their social status and self-reliance through proper education, economic security and protection against discrimination and deprivation. The girls who are born in the last 1 year can avail the benefits of Delhi Ladli Scheme. As for those girl children who are born before this time period, they can also be the recipients of financial assistance under Delhi Ladli Scheme if they are enrolled in class 1, 6, 9 or class 12 of a government recognised school.
Find below the full details of Ladli Yojna of Delhi.
- Ladli Yojna – Rewards
- Ladli Yojna – Eligibility Criteria
- Ladli Yojna – Application Process
- Ladli Yojna – Key Documents
- Ladli Yojna – Terms & Conditions
- Ladli Yojna – Contact Details
Ladli Yojna – Rewards
Under Ladli Yojna, a girl child born in last 1 year receives INR 11,000 (if born in a hospital/nursing home of Delhi) or INR 10,000 (if born at home). In addition to the financial assistance received within the birth year, the girl children receive other financial benefits as well with the commencement of their education. The payments that are made in the name of the child are kept as fixed deposit in the child’s name. It can be redeemed along with the accrued interest when the girl reaches the age of maturity which is 18 years of age and has passed Class 10. Given below is the complete details about the benefits granted under the Delhi Ladli Scheme.
Awards & Benefits of Ladli Yojna of Delhi
|1.||A girl child born in the last 1 year|
|2.||On admission of the girl child in Class 1||INR 5000|
|3.||On admission of the child in Class 6||INR 5000|
|4.||On admission of the child in Class 9||INR 5000|
|5.||On passing of Class 10||INR 5000|
|6.||On admission of the child in Class 12||INR 5000|
Since the girls born in Delhi can register for the Delhi Ladli scheme at any of the stages mentioned above in the table, the amount released to them at the end of the lock-in period varies.
Ladli Yojna – Eligibility Criteria
In order to receive the benefits of Ladli Yojna, the applicants must fulfil certain eligibility conditions. One such condition is that the candidate must be the resident of Delhi. Find below the list of detailed information about the eligibility criteria of Ladli Yojna.
Eligibility criteria for the girls born within the last year
- The candidate who wish to avail the benefits of Delhi Ladli scheme must be a girl child.
- The applicant, i.e., the child’s parent must be a bonafide resident of the National Capital Territory of Delhi for at least 3 years preceding the date of birth.
- The girl child must be born in Delhi.
- The annual family income of the parents of the child must not be more than INR 1 Lakh.
Eligibility for all the other girl children of Delhi
- The child must be born in Delhi.
- The parents of the child must be residing in Delhi for at least 3 years prior to the date of application of Delhi Ladli Scheme.
- The annual family income of the parents of the girl child must not exceed INR 1 Lakh.
- The girl student must be studying in a Government/MCD/NDMC or Government recognised school.
- The candidate must have been admitted in Class 1/6/9/12 or have passed Class 10.
- Also, the Ladli Yojna of Delhi is limited to 2 surviving girls per family.
You can also read ‘Scholarships for Indian Girls and Women’ to know more about other scheme running for girl students.
Ladli Yojna – Application Process
The applications for Ladli Yojna are accepted through offline mode, i.e., the completed applications need to be submitted at the concerned office. Given below is the complete guideline on how to apply for the Delhi Ladli Scheme.
Step 1: The application form for Delhi Ladli Scheme can either be downloaded from the official website of Department of Women & Child Development or obtained from the District Officer of the concerned departments which include Department of Social Welfare/ WCD, Government of Delhi/ State Bank of India/ Government recognised schools.
Step 2: Now, fill all the required details in the form.
Step 3: Attach all the necessary documents with the filled-in application form.
Step 4: Now, submit the form to the concerned District Officer.
Note: If the candidate is a school-going girl, then the completed application form must be submitted within 90 days of her admission. And in case of a newly-born child, the application must be submitted within the year of birth.
Ladli Yojna – Key Documents
While applying for Delhi Ladli Scheme, some important documents need to be submitted in support of the details provided in the form as the lack of these documents may lead to rejection. Find below the list of all the key documents that must be submitted with the completed application form of Ladli Yojna.
- Proof of residence to show that the parents of the candidate have been living in Delhi for at least 3 year (Copy of ration card/ Voter ID card/ any other related document)
- Birth certificate of the girl child issued by the Registrar (Births and Deaths) of National Capital Territory of Delhi to show that the candidate has been born in Delhi
- A joint photograph of the girl child and her parents
- A self-declaration form by the parents regarding their annual income
- Admission certificate of the child issued from Government/MCD/NDMC or Government recognised school in case the child is a school going candidate
Ladli Yojna – Terms & Conditions
There are a few rules and regulation that must be taken into account before applying for Delhi Ladli scheme. Find below the terms and conditions that are applicable to Ladli Yojna of Delhi.
- Under Ladli Yojna, the girl children receive INR 5000 every time they cross a milestone like getting admitted into Class 1, Class 6, Class 9 and Class 12. They also receive INR 5000 at the time of passing Class 10.
- The candidates can apply separately under Delhi Ladli Scheme at the time of getting admission in any of the above mentioned classes.
- Only those girl children whose application is made at the time of their birth and renewed every time while crossing the milestones mentioned above become eligible to receive an amount of INR 1 Lakh, approximately. Other girl candidates who register with the scheme at different stages get the amount with interest of the sum deposited in their account by the Delhi Government.
- In case the girl child dies before receiving the benefits from Delhi Ladli scheme upon its maturation, the deposit amount is forfeited and returned back to the treasury of the Government.
- The deposits made by the Delhi Government under Ladli Yojna is non-transferable/non-refundable and it cannot be encashed before the maturation period.
- The deposits can only be encashed when the girl child turns 18 years of age and at least passes Class 10.
- For renewal of the long-term fixed deposit receipts at every stage of deposit, a certificate indicating that beneficiary girl child is alive and pursuing education in a regular school must be submitted to the Competent Authority. The parents can obtain the certificate from the school authorities and get it attested by the Principal/Head of the school.
- In case of any change of address of the beneficiary girl child, the Competent Authority must be notified about it with address proof within one month of change.
- At the time of receiving the amount upon maturity, the candidates must submit an application form along with an acknowledgement letter received from the State Bank Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (SBIL), residential address, mark sheets of class 10 or 12 (whichever is applicable), copy of bank passbook showing the account number and mobile/landline number.
- Also, the girl candidates must get open a Zero Balance Saving Accounts with the State bank of India (SBI) by showing the acknowledgement letter received from SBIL.
Ladli Yojna – Contact Details
In case of any query or grievances related to Delhi Ladli scheme, the applicants can contact the concerned authorities as mentioned below.
- Competent Authority: District Office of the Dept. of WCD, Delhi Govt.
- Call on SBIL Toll-Free Number: 1800229090
- Delhi Ladli Scheme: 011-23381892
- Address: Assistant Director LADLI, Delhi Ladli Scheme,
Department of Women and Child Development,
Government of NCT of Delhi
01 Canning Lane, Pandit Ravi Shankar Shukla Lane,
Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Delhi 110001