New Delhi, 29 December 2021 – The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), State Bank of India (SBI), and Department of e-Governance, Government of Karnataka have partnered to sanction and implement a contactless payment solution, e-RUPI, for students benefiting under the state scholarship programmes. Karnataka is the first state to use e-RUPI, a digital payment solution, allowing cashless payment through digital QR/SMS string, thereby easing the process of paying the education fees digitally to schools or colleges.
We are happy to share Department of e-Governance, Government of Karnataka has collaborated with NPCI and State Bank of India to initiate e-RUPI disbursement to students under its scholarship programme and ensure leak-proof delivery of education fees. https://t.co/nF5B2w8VmK pic.twitter.com/OSkjEV4NOl
— NPCI (@NPCI_NPCI) December 28, 2021
Pointing out the advantage of implementing e-RUPI, Mr. Rajiv Chawla, Additional Chief Secretary, Department of Personnel & Administrative Reforms (DPAR) (e-governance), Karnataka Government said, “e-RUPI is a powerful digital tool that will help the government to directly transfer the benefits to the targeted beneficiary safely. This contactless payment solution ensures that the beneficiary gets the scholarship amount as per the guidelines of the scheme. Under this initiative, each transaction is mapped with the beneficiary and the institution ensuring that the e-Voucher can be redeemed by the college where the student has enrolled.”
e-RUPI Disbursement for Scholarships – Details
- As per the press release produced by the Karnataka government, e-RUPI will be used to pay the education fees digitally to the college/Institute.
- The process of using e-RUPI will remove the need for any physical token that students must have to avail of the scholarship.
- The e-RUPI solution will empower students with hassle-free scholarships.
- Being an end-to-end digital payment solution with the assurity of a leak-proof transaction, the chances of tampering with the scholarship amount or payment process is negligible.
- The shortlisted students will be sent e-vouchers to their registered mobile numbers. Apart from the facility of delivering e-vouchers, voucher codes can also be received on the feature phones.
- e-RUPI can be only redeemed by students at the identified colleges/institutes when they intend to pay the tuition fee with it.
- The redeeming process of e-RUPI can be made by the institutes under the scholarship scheme. The identified institutes will scan the QR code or SMS string displayed by the students using an application (app) or POS machine.
- e-Rupi transactions are easy and safe as the details of the beneficiaries are confidential. The entire process through the voucher is relatively faster and reliable because the required amount is already stored in the voucher.
To know more details on e-RUPI disbursement for education scholarship fee payment, click here.