‘DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship’ is an initiative of DXC Technology India to improve the social standing of underprivileged and under-represented students in the country. This is a national-level scholarship program that offers financial assistance to students who are in the first year of BE/BTech programme in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Electronics and Communication. The students who apply stand a chance to get up to 50% of their total course fees for the current academic year or ₹40,000 per annum (whichever is lesser).
Who can apply for this scholarship? What are the minimum eligibility criteria for DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship? Where can students apply for it? What conditions must be fulfilled to avail benefits under this scholarship? The answers to all these questions are covered in this article.
- DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – An Overview
- DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Important Dates
- DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
- DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Award Details
- DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Step-wise Application Process
- DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Must-have Documents
- DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Selection Criteria
- DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Contact Details
DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – An Overview
DXC Technology is a global Fortune 500 firm that has launched the ‘DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship’ with an aim to support meritorious students from underprivileged sections of the society.
Under this scholarship, students who are in the first year of engineering programme (BE/BTech) are provided with financial assistance of up to 50% of their total course fees or ₹40,000 per annum (whichever is less). The table given below highlights a detailed overview of the scholarship program.
DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Detailed Overview
|Name of the Scholarship||DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship|
|Provider Detail||DXC Technology|
|Scholarship Type||Merit-cum-Means based|
|Eligibility||1st year engineering students|
|Scholarship Amount||50% of total fees or ₹40,000 per annum (whichever is less)|
|Application Timeline*||Between May and August|
*The application timeline mentioned above is tentative and may change on the discretion of the scholarship provider.
DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Important Dates
Dates are always an integral part of a scholarship program. If you want to apply for any scholarship, you primarily need to keep track of its application timelines i.e., application start and closing dates. The application timeline for DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship falls in the month of May and June. For the academic year 2020-21, the last date to apply for the scholarship is 15th August 2021.
DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Before heading on to apply for DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship, you must check if you fulfil the eligibility conditions set by the provider or not. These conditions are generally based on your academic qualification and family income. The scholarship is open for students of all genders (including the third gender), irrespective of their religious and social beliefs, and orientation. Besides this, the key conditions that one must fulfil include –
1. Students of Indian nationality only can apply.
2. They must be currently in the first year BE/BTech program in one of the following streams in the academic year 2020-21 –
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communications
3. They must have obtained 60% or more marks in the previous education degree.
4. The annual family income of the applicant, from all the sources, should not exceed ₹4 lakh (₹4,00,000).
5. Applicants should not be availing any other scholarship benefits of ₹6,000 or more per year.
6. Children of DXC and Buddy4Study employees are not eligible for this program.
DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Award Details
What kind of financial assistance will the students receive under the DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship? The answer to this commonly-asked question is covered in this section.
The students who fulfil the eligibility criteria and qualify the selection process stand a chance to get financial assistance of up to 50% of total course fees for the current academic year or ₹40,000 per annum (whichever is less) under this scholarship.
DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Step-wise Application Process
If you fulfil all the eligibility conditions of DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship, you can proceed to apply for it. The applications can be made online through Buddy4Study, its implementation partner. Given below is a step-by-step description of the application process for your reference –
Step 1: Visit the official scholarship page and read all the details carefully.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button given under the ‘How can you apply’ section. (Note: You can also watch the application video for better understanding by clicking on the ‘Watch Video’ button next to the ‘Apply Now’ button.)
Step 3: Login to the Buddy4Study portal using registered ID to land onto the ‘Online Application Form Page’. If not registered, please register using Email/Mobile/Facebook/Gmail account.
Step 4: An application instruction page will open. Click on the ‘Start Application’ button.
Step 5: Fill in all required details in the scholarship application form and upload all relevant documents.
Step 6: Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on the ‘Preview’ button to check if all the details filled are correctly showing or not.
Step 7: If all the details in the preview are correct, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application.
DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Must-have Documents
While applying for the DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship, you are required to upload certain documents in support of your application. These documents are generally related to your academic qualification, identity proof, income proof and bank account details. So, before you start filling the application, make sure you have the scanned copies of the following documents handy with you –
- One passport size photograph
- Marksheet of the previous educational degree
- Identity proof issued by the government (Aadhaar card/voter identity card/driving license/PAN card)
- Admission proof for the current academic year (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- A photocopy of your bank passbook or a cancelled cheque of your bank account
- Income proof (Form 16A/income certificate from government authority/salary slips, etc.)
DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Selection Criteria
A simple application does not guarantee your selection for the scholarship. To avail the scholarship benefits, you need to qualify the selection criteria set by the provider. For DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship, you need to go through a multi-stage selection process wherein the selections are made based on the academic merit and financial need of the applicants. The key stages of selection include –
- Initial shortlisting of application based on the academic merit and financial need.
- Thereafter, a telephonic interview of shortlisted candidates is conducted for final selection.
DXC Progressing Minds Scholarship – Contact Details
If you have any queries related to the eligibility, application process and selection process of DXC Progressing Mind Scholarship, feel free to contact on the number/email given below –
Phone – 011-430-92248 (Ext: 250)
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org