CG scholarship portal – The Social Welfare Department of the Government of Chhattisgarh runs its CG scholarship portal for students domiciled in the state. Popularly known with name of Chhattisgarh Scholarship Portal 2.0, the portal serves the primary and crucial purpose of proper allocation of scholarships to deserving and meritorious candidates of the state. In fact, it turns out to be a faster approach towards scholarship implementation and disbursement.
Every year, the portal receives lakhs of scholarship applications from prospective students after which the institutions registered with the portal verify them for further scrutiny. Thus, the portal not only helps students in making scholarship application easier, but also saves the institutions from tedious process of application verification and scrutiny. The portal has a lot more to offer for its users. This article highlights every significant detail about the CG scholarship portal.
CG Scholarship Portal- Key Scholarships
The CG scholarship portal provides post-matric scholarships for students pursuing different courses at various institutions registered on the portal. These scholarships are primarily available for students belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) having a domicile of the Chhattisgarh state. The meritorious students, who are pursuing their studuies at post-matriculation level and facing financial hurdles can apply for these scholarships through the portal. The table given below highlights all the scholarships that a student can apply for through Chhattisgarh Scholarship Portal 2.0 along with their provider information and tentative application period.
Detailed List of Scholarships on CG Scholarship Portal
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Provider Name||Application Period*|
|1.||Post Matric Scholarship for Schedule Caste.||Social Welfare Department, Government of Chhattisgarh.||Between October and December.|
|2.||Post Matric Scholarship for Schedule Tribe.||Social Welfare Department, Government of Chhattisgarh.||Between October and December.|
|3.||Post Matric Scholarship for Other Backwards Class.||Social Welfare Department, Government of Chhattisgarh.||Between October and December.|
*The application period mentioned above is tentative and may change on the discretion of the scholarship provider.
CG Scholarship Portal- How to Apply
To apply for any CG scholarship, the students initially need to qualify all the eligibility requirements. Furthermore, the procedure to apply is plain, descriptive and simple to follow through the CG scholarship portal. The application process involves student registration and then scholarship application. Irrespective of the scholarship you want to apply for, the steps that you need to follow remain the same. Find below the step-by-step procedure to apply for these scholarships at the CG Scholarship Portal online.
Step 1: Register
- Visit the Chhattisgarh Scholarship Portal 2.0.
- Spot “Application” on the page.
- Further, click on “Register Yourself” if you are applying for the first time.
- Fill in the required details carefully.
- Click on “Save above details and register me.”
Step 2: Log in to the portal
- The Application ID and Password will be sent to the registered mobile number of the applicant.
- Log in with the credentials provided on the registered number to the candidate.
- Click on “Apply for Scholarship”.
Step 3: Filling the application form
- Fill in the rest of the required details. The details that the student will need to provide are:
- Institute and Course Details
- Application Related Details
- Class 10 Passing Details
- Eligibility Related Information (Income and Caste)
- Click on “Register Scholarship Application Form”.
Note: The candidate will need to provide the Institute and the Course Code while filling the Institute and Course Details which will be available to them by clicking on the provided links in the blue box above the blank fields.
Step 4: Attach the necessary documents
- Attach the necessary documents specified separately in the left column.
- Upload the latest photo.
- Update the bank details carefully because that is where the scholarship amount will be credited.
Step 5: Print Profile
- Click on “Print Profile” to keep a copy of the application form.
- The application form will be downloaded in a PDF format in the applicant’s system.
- The applicants can review the list of their applications by clicking on “My Dashboard”.
Also Read: Scholarships after 12th for College Students
CG Scholarship Portal- Documents Required
The applications submitted from the portal are saved in the database of the government for further consideration as well, thus, the details should be filled very carefully before submitting. The applications can also be regularly tracked and checked by logging in the portal with the same credentials. There are certain documents required to be attached along with the application. They may vary depending on the scheme chosen by the student. The following documents are required to be attached along with the application mandatorily, without which the application is certainly going to be disregarded.
- Aadhar card number
- Recent passport size photograph
- Self-attested copy of the previous qualifying mark sheet/certificate
- Residential proof
- Passbook photocopy
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
CG Scholarship Portal- Key Features
The updated Chhattisgarh State Scholarship Portal 2.0 has broadened the dimensions and diversified the portal to a great extent. It has added various features to the website through which people can analyze the statistics of the portal. It has made the scholarship system comparatively transparent by clearly providing the precise number of the applications received. The various new features of the CG Scholarship Portal have been mentioned below:
- Updated Statistics: In the newly updated CG Scholarship Portal, the number of applications received by the portal, the number of applications pending with the department, the number of applications recommended for sanction, and even the number of applications sanctioned by the government are all clearly specified on the website. In fact, the students can also explore the amount of scholarship sanctioned to them.
- CG Scholarship Application Tracking: The portal also allows tracking of the application by the student at any point of time by clicking on “Application” on the top-right corner and then followed by “Track Your Application”. The students need to mention their application ID and academic year and they can track the exact status of their scholarship application.
- Complete Information about the Institutes and Courses- Additionally, the students can browse through the list of registered institutions and courses available on the portal. The student can identify if their institution is linked with the portal by clicking on “Institutes” and then followed by “Institutes in State”. Similarly, the student can also select the courses of their choice and look up for the course code through this portal. For this, they have to click on “Courses” present on the top-right corner and further click on “Know Course Code(s) of Course(s)” which redirects the student to a page where he/she has to choose the type of course, they are going to pursue.
- Monitoring Dashboards/Reports- Along with all these features, the portal has got another feature of monitoring dashboards/reports. The students can choose to see the number of applications on different stages of the selection process, they can monitor their applications in the following ways:
- District- course wise application analysis
- Scheme-wise application details at various levels
- Scheme & district-wise application summary
- Institute wise application summary
- Category wise application summary
- Gender wise application summary
- Institute & status-wise application summary
CG Scholarship Portal- Contact Details
In case of a query, the candidates are free to reach out to the special secretary of the Social Welfare Department of Chhattisgarh, he/she can direct the student or help him/her get associated with someone who can help them out.
Secretariat, Social Welfare Department- Chhattisgarh
Special Secretary- Mr. R Prasna (IAS)
Phone Number- +91-771-2510088
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
Also Read: CG Scholarship- All You Need To Know