CBSE Udaan is a project started by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) under the guidance of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The main objective of this program is to increase the enrolment rate of girls in the engineering colleges of the country. CBSE Udaan is designed to provide deserving girl students of class 11 with free online/offline study resources which are easy to understand so that they could prepare for engineering entrance exams and get admitted into the premier engineering colleges of India.
In this article, we have covered the complete details of CBSE Udaan programme including its eligibility, benefits provided to the deserving candidates and many more. Find below the details of Udaan by CBSE.
CBSE Udaan – Benefits
Keeping in mind the low enrolment of girls in the engineering colleges across the country, CBSE designed and implemented Udaan to encourage girls to pursue higher education by providing them with materials to prepare for engineering competitive examinations. Given below is the list of all the benefits that are being provided under CBSE Udaan.
- The candidates are provided with free study materials through online/offline mode. They receive tutorials, videos and study resources.
- Udaan organises virtual contact classes at around 60 designated city centers.
- Assessments are designed to give students useful feedback on learning.
- Students are also given remedial steps to correct their learning.
- Also, meritorious students get peer learning and mentoring opportunities.
- Motivational sessions are provided to students and their parents.
- Udaan has also started ‘Student Helpline’ services to clarify students’ doubts, monitor their learning and provide them with technological support.
- Candidates also get constant monitoring and tracking of their progress with feedback.
CBSE Udaan – Key Dates
Udaan which covers the syllabus of the Joint Entrance Examinations (JEE), generally opens its application during the month of July or August. Though the program has not been announced for the year 2018, the last day to apply for CBSE Udaan 2017-19 fell in the first week of August.
Timeline of CBSE Udaan
|1.||Start of application for Udaan by CBSE||July/August|
|2.||Last date to apply for Udaan||First week of August|
* The application period mentioned in above-table is tentative and subject to change as per the discretion of the provider.
CBSE Udaan – Eligibility Criteria
The main eligibility condition to be met is that a girl student should be studying in class 11 Science stream. There are various other requirements that a candidate needs to fulfill to avail the benefits of CBSE Udaan. Given below is the list of eligibility criteria for Udaan.
- Only the residents of India can apply for the Udaan program by CBSE.
- The girl candidates must be studying in class 11 from any Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV)/ Navodaya/ Government schools recognised by any Board or CBSE affiliated private schools in India.
- The candidates must be pursuing Science stream with subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).
- The applicants must have secured an average of at least 70% marks in class 10. They must have scored a minimum of 80% marks in Science and Mathematics. For students who are enrolled in those schools which follow CGPA, a minimum CGPA score of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics is needed.
- The candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC and PWD category get a reservation of 15%, 7.5%, 27% and 3% seats, respectively.
- Also, the annual family income of the applicant must not be more than INR 6 Lakh.
CBSE Udaan – How to apply?
Interested candidates can apply online for Udaan by CBSE. The eligible students can register through the official website of CBSE Udaan. Find the steps involved in the application process of Udaan below.
Step 1: The candidates can visit the official website.
Step 2: The candidates must read all the information provided on the website carefully and then only, they should register themselves.
Step 3: To register, the applicants need to complete a four-step process where they have to fill the application form with all the necessary information.
Step 4: On filling the form, a registration number is generated which is displayed on the computer screen and an email is also sent on the registered email ID.
Step 5: Now, applicants must upload their photograph where they need to enter the registration number and date of birth.
Step 6: Finally, the applicants have to take a printout of the application form and download the declaration form.
CBSE Udaan – Selection Process
The girl students applying for Udaan are selected on the basis of merit. The candidates are considered against the city chosen by them for the weekly virtual contact classes.
CBSE Udaan – Contact Details
In case of any confusion or query regarding Udaan by CBSE, the applicants can connect with the authorities through the contact details mentioned below.
Office address: Central Board of Secondary Education
Shiksha Sadan, 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi 110 002.
Phone No. : 011 23214737