October 17, 2022, New Delhi, CBSE Scholarship 2022: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Single Girl Scholarship 2022 registration process is now open for Class 10 girl candidates.
The registration window opened on October 14, 2022, and will close on November 14, 2022. Interested students can apply for the same through the CBSE’s official website: cbse.gov.in.
Respective schools will verify the application from October 21 to November 21, 2022.
CBSE Scholarship 2022 – Eligibility
- Only single female candidates studying in Class 10 are eligible.
- Candidates must have passed Class 10 with at least 60% marks from a Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) affiliated school.
- Only those candidates whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500 per month will be considered.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Candidates must continue their education in Class 11 and 12.
- Candidates who have passed their Class 10 in the academic year 2019 will also be considered for the scholarship.
- Candidates must provide an original affidavit duly attested by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/SDM/Executive Magistrate/Notary as per the prescribed format available on the CBSE’s website.
- After passing Class 10, candidates must provide an undertaking attested by the principal of the school stating that they are pursuing Class 11.
CBSE Scholarship 2022 – Duration and Renewal
- The scholarship award will be renewed after a period of one year when candidates successfully pass Class 11 with the required minimum marks.
- Renewal will also depend on promotion to the next class.
- Candidates must secure 50% or more marks in aggregate in the examination, which determines their promotion to the next class.
- If a scholar changes her school or course of study or abandons her selected course of study before it is completed, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will first grant its prior approval before the scholarship can be renewed or continued.
- Candidates’ good behaviour and regular attendance are necessary for the scholarship to remain active and renewed.
- In all the above cases, the CBSE’s decision will be final and binding. A scholarship that has been cancelled cannot, under any circumstances, be renewed.
CBSE Scholarship 2022 – Payment Related Details
- Candidates will receive a monthly scholarship payment of Rs. 500.
- A scholarship granted under the programme may be paid for up to two years.
- Payment will be made only through the Electronic Clearance Service (ECS) or the National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT).
How to Apply For the CBSE Scholarship 2022?
- Candidates are required to visit the CBSE’s official website: cbse.gov.in.
- Then, they are required to click on the “Main Website” tab from the homepage.
- Then, candidates need to scroll down and click on the “Scholarship” option.
- After a new web page opens, candidates are then required to select the “Guidelines and Application Forms 2022/Apply Online” option.
- Then, they are required to click on the “Apply Online” tab for the “Single Girl Child Scholarship – 2022 (Fresh Application)” or “CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child of Class X – Renewal” (whichever is applicable).
- Next, they must fill in the online application and submit their respective forms.
- Finally, they must save their login credentials for future reference.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is eligible for the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022?
Only single female candidates studying in Class 10 are eligible. They must have completed Class 10 with at least 60% marks from a Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) affiliated school and their monthly tuition fee should not be more than Rs. 1,500. In addition to this, they must continue their education in Class 11 and 12. Candidates who have passed their Class 10 in the academic year 2019 will also be considered for the scholarship.
What is the last date to apply for the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022?
The last date to apply for the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022 is November 14, 2022.
What is the scholarship amount of the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022?
The CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship monthly scholarship payment is Rs. 500 and it may be paid for up to two years.