L&T’s Build India Scholarship – L&T Construction, a renowned Indian multinational conglomerate, has launched the L&T’s Build India Scholarship Program for final-year B.Tech./B.E. students in Civil or Electrical Engineering. The selected candidates can pursue a two-year, fully sponsored M.Tech. Course in Construction Technology & Management at IIT Delhi, IIT Madras, NIT Surathkal, and NIT Trichy.
Under the L&T’s Build India Scholarship Programme, selected scholars will receive a stipend of ₹3,21,600 over a period of 24 months. The scholarship amount will be disbursed monthly, and the recipients will get ₹13,400 every month. L&T Construction will bear the entire course fees, which will be transferred directly to the respective colleges.
The article intends to inform and educate the final-year B.Tech./B.E. students concerning the application process, eligibility, documentation, and provide other relevant information.
Latest Update: The last date to apply for L&T’s Build India Scholarship(BIS) Scheme is 6th March 2024.
L&T’s Build India Scholarship – Overview
|Name of the Scholarship Programme
|M. Tech in Construction Technology and Management through L&T’s Build India Scholarship
|IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, NITK Surathkal, and NIT Trichy
|₹13,400 per month
|Final year B.E./B.Tech. degree students
L&T’s Build India Scholarship – Aim
With this initiative, L&T is promoting the nurturing of talented young individuals who have strong engineering skills, helping them become skilled managers in construction technology. This program prepares them for more significant roles and challenges within the L&T Construction, where they can contribute towards shaping the company’s future.
L&T’s Build India Scholarship Benefits
- Under the scholarship programme, applicants can pursue their 2 years full-time M. Tech. degree programme in Construction Technology & Management.
- Selected candidates will be granted a monthly stipend of ₹13,400.
- L&T Construction will cover tuition and sponsorship fees at the following institutions:
- IIT Madras
- IIT Delhi
- NITK Surathkal
- NIT Trichy
Candidates will be responsible for their fees for the hostel, accommodation, and mess facilities.
- Students will have the opportunity to work on live projects at the L&T Construction project sites.
- Students will receive guidance from buddies and benefit from mentoring by the Build India Scholarships (BIS) alumni.
- Those who successfully complete the course as per the requirements of the institutes will be considered for employment in a permanent cadre under the terms and conditions of the company.
Who can Apply for L&T’s Build India Scholarship?
- Applicants must be final-year students pursuing a BE/B.Tech degree in core Civil or Electrical Engineering.
- Applicants are expected to graduate in 2024 from a recognised Indian University or Institute.
- Additionally, they must have an academic aggregate of 70% or a CGPA of 7.0 (out of 10) or above.
- Applicants pursuing other engineering disciplines are not eligible.
- Students who have completed their degree program in 2023 or earlier are not eligible to apply.
L&T’s Build India Scholarship – Awards
- L&T Build India Scholarship Programme includes a total stipend amount of ₹3,21,600 that will be distributed over 24 months (2 years) with a monthly disbursement of ₹13,400 to the selected scholars.
- L&T will reimburse the entire course fee that is directly transferred to the respective colleges.
The selection process will involve an online written assessment test on subject knowledge and aptitude followed by a personal interview with the panel consisting of members from IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, and NIT (Surathkal/Trichy) in coordination with L&T Construction.
It’s important to note that the final selection is contingent upon an individual’s medical fitness.
- While entering the grades in the application form, candidates must change the CGPA into percentage.
- Date and year of birth must be entered.
- Students’ unique ID or application number must be noted down for all future correspondence.
- An active email address and mobile number must be provided to facilitate future communication.
- Scanned copies of the documents, certificates, testimonials, and photographs should be available with the applicants before filling out the application form.
Terms and Conditions
- Only shortlisted registered candidates will be able to take the online test.
- Upon selection and before commencement of the course, selected candidates will be obligated to sign an undertaking valued at ₹5,00,000 with a commitment to complete the course successfully and serve the company for a period of 5 years subsequently.
Note:- To go through the program highlights and other details, please click here.
Larsen & Toubro Limited
Mount Poonamallee Road, Manapakkam, P.B.No.979,
Chennai: 600 089
Toll-Free: 1800 209 4544
L&T Build India Scholarship – Steps of Application
Step 1: Upon clicking on the application link, candidates will be directed to the webpage where they can add their basic information. Upon completion, an email will be sent to the students including their user ID and password.
Step 2: After successful registration, applicants need to log in to the application portal using the user ID and password. To fill out the application form, applicants need to click on the “Login” section located at the top right corner of the webpage.
Step 3: Applicants are required to provide their details as requested and upload scanned copies of their certificates, a valid photo identity proof, and a recent photograph.
Step 4: Applicants need to submit the application form after having filled the application form.
L&T’s Build India Scholarship – FAQs
What is the last date for submission of the online application for L&T’s Build India Scholarship Programme?
The application deadline for the L&T’s Build India Scholarship programme falls around the end of the month of February in general, however, the candidates need to obtain the most accurate and up-to-date information by visiting the official website of the L&T Construction. It is advisable for the applicants to stay informed about their news updates on the scholarship programme.
Is there an age limit criteria for application under the L&T’s Build India Scholarship Programme?
Age limit criteria do apply under the L&T’s Build India Scholarship programme. An applicant must not be more than 23 years of age as on July 1, 2023.
What is the stipend amount disbursed to the selected applicants under the L&T’s Build India Scholarship Programme?
The selected candidates will get a monthly stipend of ₹13,400 along with sponsorship and tuition fee to IIT and NIT.
What is the duration of the L&T’s Build India Scholarship program?
L&T’s Build India Scholarship will be offered for a duration period of 24 months (2 years).
Are there any specific academic or performance criteria for the recipients to retain their scholarship assistance throughout the program?
To retain the scholarship assistance throughout the program, recipients are required to meet specific academic criteria. They are as under:
- A minimum of 60% in 10th and 12th standards or a CGPA of 6.50 on a 10-point scale.
- A minimum of 70% in their B.Tech. or a CGPA of 7.0 on a 10-point scale.