New Delhi, 15 July 2022: Recently, the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) launched digital skilling initiatives to skill, reskill, upskill, and offer internship & employment opportunities to one-crore students in India. The vision of this initiative is to make India the technology capital of the world.
Note: All the higher educational institutions (HEIs) and their affiliated colleges/institutions are also required to circulate the information among the students and encourage them to get registered for Digital Skilling Initiatives for their benefit and skill enhancement.
AICTE Digital Skilling Initiatives – Overview
|Conducting main body||All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Other bodies||Ministry of Education (MoE) and Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE)|
|Vision||To make India the technology capital of the world.|
AICTE Digital Skilling Initiatives – Details
- AICTE has identified 30 emerging technologies, 55 job roles, and 155 skill sets which it claims will be in demand in the next 20 to 30 years.
- With 50% of the Indian population below 25 years, a huge opportunity for youth and young professionals awaits to form the foundation of the country’s economy.
- The platform will offer courses on new-age technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), and Information and Communications Technology (ICT), among others, along with internship and apprenticeship opportunities from market leaders.
- So far, 63 companies, including Google, Microsoft, Amazon Web Service (AWS), and International Business Machines (IBM) among others, have already confirmed their participation in this initiative.
- It is expected that more than 200 companies will join hands with AICTE in an effort to offer training programs across several categories.
- The programs will cater to school students between Classes 7 to 12, undergraduates, graduates, and professionals.
- The program curriculums are designed keeping in mind the three categories of learners – basic level for school students, advanced, and expert level for the rest.
- The skilling initiatives will further provide internship and apprenticeship opportunities for undergraduates, postgraduates, and professionals at partnered companies
- Moreover, the internship portal has been developed to ease students into getting suitable internship opportunities for better employability.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who all can be a part of this initiative?
The programs will cater to school students from Classes 7 to 12, undergraduates, graduates, and professionals.
Who all will be providing training under this initiative as partnered companies?
It is expected that more than 200 companies will join hands with AICTE in an effort to offer training programs across categories. As of now, Google, Microsoft, Amazon Web Service (AWS), and International Business Machines (IBM), among others, have already confirmed their participation in this initiative.