New Delhi, 19 May 2022: The Telangana government has started the Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) registration process for meritorious students. The application process began on 11 May and the last date for registration is 21 May 2022. Candidates can apply at the official website. Plus, students who have registered earlier can renew their scholarship for the 2021-22 academic year till October 24. For this, they will have to fill out the form again this year.
- Telangana Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for SC/ST/BC/Disabled Welfare 2021-22 is an initiative by the Department of Backward Class Welfare for students of Telangana state studying from Class 11 to the Ph.D. level.
- This scholarship aims to allow Class 10-passed students to pursue post matric studies such as intermediate, ITI, polytechnic, professional courses, graduate and postgraduate courses, Ph.D., etc.
Who can Apply for Telangana Post-Matric Scholarship 2022?
To apply for Telangana post-matric scholarship, the students must:
- Be natives of the Telangana state.
- Belong to SC/ST/BC/EBC/Disabled Welfare category.
- Have passed Class 10 and pursuing studies at the post-matric level.
- Belong to the SC/ST category with an annual parental income of less than INR 2 lakh.
- Belong to the BC/EBC/Disabled Welfare category of rural areas with an annual parental income of less than INR 1.5 lakh.
- Belong to the BC/EBC/Disabled Welfare category of urban areas with an annual parental income of less than INR 2 lakh.
- Have passed the Class 10 examination with a minimum of 75% attendance at the end of each quarter.
Telangana Post-Matric Scholarship 2022: Benefits
- The benefits of the scholarship will be given in the form of fee reimbursement.
- The tuition fee reimbursement will be dependent on the course of study.
- Furthermore, the selected scholars will also receive variable maintenance or mess charges on a monthly basis.
Telangana Post-Matric Scholarship 2022: Documents Required
Applicants must keep these documents handy before applying for the Post-Matric Scholarship 2022:
- Marksheet of qualifying examination
- Aadhar Card
- Income certificate of parents
- Caste certificate
- Bank passbook
- Passport size photo
How to Apply for Telangana Post-Matric Scholarship 2022?
- Candidates need to visit the official website of e-Pass Telangana for registration.
- There, they need to register as a new user.
- Then, they need to click on the scholarship tab on the homepage and select “Post Matric Scholarship Services”.
- Thereafter, they need to fill out the form with the required details and upload all documents.
- After entering all the details, they should thoroughly review the application.
- Then, candidates need to enter the code and click on the “Submit Application” button.
- Finally, they need to take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I register after the last date?
Unless the date for registration has been extended a candidate cannot register, as the e-pass portal will not allow them to register.
How much reimbursement will I get?
The reimbursement of tuition will be dependent on the course a candidate pursues. While most of the courses are eligible for 100% of the tuition fee as fixed by the government, self-financed courses are eligible only for a maximum of INR 20,000 or the actual fee charged by the college, whichever is less.
Is there a separate format for the income certificate?
The income certificate is issued to a student based on an income affidavit given as a declaration by the student. Wrongful declaration of income may lead to criminal prosecution as per the law. Candidates need to ensure that they get a certificate of income from the concerned Mandal Revenue Officer (MRO) with his employee code and stamp which is affixed clearly. All incomplete certificates will be summarily rejected.