Scholarships for Students with SAT & ACT Scores – In today’s highly competitive educational landscape, where the pursuit of higher education comes with substantial costs, scholarships serve as invaluable resources that make academic dreams attainable for deserving students.
This is especially true for Indian students with aspirations to study abroad, as a wide array of scholarships have been established specifically based on standardized test scores like the SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) and ACT (American College Testing). These scholarships not only offer crucial financial assistance but also serve as recognition of outstanding academic achievements and the potential of students.
In this comprehensive article, we will discuss scholarships for Indian students who have demonstrated impressive SAT and ACT scores. By exploring these scholarship opportunities, we aim to provide valuable insights and guidance to aspiring students seeking to embark on a transformative educational journey.
Scholarships for Students with SAT & ACT Scores – Detailed List
SAT and ACT Scholarships – College Board India Scholars Program
The College Board India Scholars Program is one of the scholarships for students with SAT & ACT scores. It is offered by the College Board – a not-for-profit organization – to help Indian students financially to get enrolled in an Indian university.
To be eligible for the College Board India Scholars Program, applicants must:
- Be Indian citizens
- Be enrolled in Class XI or XII
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 8 lakh
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1300
- SAT Registration Discount: Those whose annual family income is less than INR 8 lakh will receive a 90% discount, while those with an annual family income between INR 8 lakh and INR 15 lakh will receive a 50% discount.
- Merit-Cum-Need Scholarship: Those with a family income of less than INR 8 lakh will be awarded a full tuition scholarship that will cover their expenses until graduation.
The application period for the College Board India Scholars Program is from January to March each year.
SAT and ACT Scholarships – Engebretson Foundation Scholarship
The Engebretson Foundation Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership, and financial need. The scholarship is provided on the basis of SAT and ACT scores.
To be eligible for the Engebretson Foundation Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a graduating high school senior from a United States high school.
- Plan to attend a four-year college or university.
- Have achieved a score of 28 or higher on the ACT exam or at least 1240 on the SAT.
- Have achieved at least a 3.75 GPA or above and/or top 5% of graduating class.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- The Engebretson Foundation Scholarship is worth $5,000 per semester.
- The scholarship is renewable for up to 4 years.
- This means that the total value of the scholarship could be up to $20,000.
The application period for the Engebretson Foundation Scholarship is typically in the fall of each year. The application deadline is usually in December.
SAT and ACT Scholarships – Gill-Elliott Scholarship
The Gill-Elliott Scholarship is another one of the Scholarships for students with SAT & ACT Scores. It is awarded to graduating seniors from Highlands High School in Fort Thomas, Kentucky. The scholarship is available to students pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, math, or pre-medicine. Those who demonstrate merit through academic achievement, leadership, and extracurricular involvement are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for the Gill-Elliott Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a graduating senior from Highlands High School.
- Plan to pursue a degree in science, technology, engineering, math, or pre-medicine.
- Have a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Have a composite ACT score of at least 28 or SAT score of at least 1250.
- Demonstrate leadership and extracurricular involvement.
The Gill-Elliott Scholarship is worth $2,000. The scholarship is not renewable.
The application period for the Gill-Elliott Scholarship is typically in the spring of each year. The application deadline is usually in March.
SAT and ACT Scholarships – Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program (TASSP)
The Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program (TASSP) is one of the prestigious scholarships for students with SAT & ACT Scores. It is designed to support and encourage outstanding students in their pursuit of higher education. The aim of the TASSP is to motivate students to pursue a bachelor’s degree and join the Texas Army National Guard, Texas Air National Guard, Texas State Guard, United States Coast Guard, United States Merchant Marine, or to seek commission as officers in any branch of the United States armed services.
In order to qualify for the scholarship, a student must fulfill the following criteria:
- Successfully complete or be on track to graduate from high school with either the Distinguished Achievement Program (DAP), the distinguished level of achievement under the Foundation High School program, or the International Baccalaureate (IB) program.
- Maintain a high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Attain a college readiness score of 1070 or higher on the SAT or a score of 23 or higher on the ACT.
- Rank within the top one-third of the prospective high school graduating class.
- Institution Type: Public and Private Institutions
- Maximum Annual Scholarship: $10,000
The application period for the Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program typically opens in the fall.
Scholarships for Students with SAT & ACT Scores – Documents Required
To qualify for scholarships for students with SAT & ACT scores, the following documents must be submitted:
- Educational transcripts
- Completed SAT and ACT scholarship application form
- SAT and ACT test scores
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- Passport-sized photos
- Letter of acceptance from the respective college/university
- Valid passport and student visa
Scholarships for Students with SAT & ACT Scores – Official Websites
|Scholarships for Students with SAT & ACT Scores||Official Websites|
|Collage Board India Scholars Program||international.collegeboard.org/students/sat/india-scholars-program|
|Engebretson Foundation Scholarship||engebretsonfoundation.org/application.html|
|Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program (TASSP)||comptroller.texas.gov/programs/education/msp/funding/aid/state-programs/TASSP.php|
Scholarships for Students with SAT & ACT Scores – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between the SAT and ACT?
The Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) and American College Testing (ACT) are standardized tests utilized by colleges to evaluate students' academic abilities. However, significant distinctions exist between the two exams. The SAT primarily focuses on verbal skills, whereas the ACT emphasizes mathematics. Additionally, the SAT offers an optional essay section, whereas the ACT does not.
What is a good SAT and ACT score?
The evaluation of a good SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) and ACT (American College Testing) score relies on the colleges to which you are applying. Certain colleges have minimum score prerequisites, whereas others assess your score within the context of your comprehensive application. Typically, a score of 1300 or higher on the SAT or 28 or higher on the ACT is regarded as a good score.
What are the benefits of SAT and ACT scholarships?
Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) and American College Testing (ACT) scholarships can help students pay for college tuition, fees, and other expenses. These scholarships can also help students reduce their student loan debt.
Do scholarships consider other factors besides SAT and ACT scores?
While SAT and ACT scores play a significant role in securing scholarships, numerous scholarships also take into account additional factors, including academic achievements, extracurricular activities, leadership positions, community service, and personal essays. It is crucial to thoroughly review the scholarship requirements to gain a comprehensive understanding of the evaluation criteria.
Can international students apply for scholarships based on their SAT and ACT scores?
Indeed, scholarships as mentioned in the above article are accessible to international students based on their SAT or ACT scores. Nevertheless, it is vital to note that eligibility criteria may differ, necessitating thorough research to identify scholarships specifically available to international applicants.