Kotak Kanya Scholarship is a collaborative CSR project of Kotak Mahindra Group companies which is being implemented with Kotak Education Foundation. This initiative on Education and Livelihood aims to financially support meritorious girl students from underprivileged sections of the society to enable them to pursue their higher education after passing out of Class 12. Under this scholarship, selected girl students will receive scholarship of up to INR 1.5 lakh* per year to pursue professional graduation (degree) courses.
Latest Update: The last date for submitting online application for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship has been extended to 15 January 2023.
Who can apply for this scholarship? When is the last date to apply for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022? What steps must be followed to apply for this scholarship? What are the essential documents required for its application? What kind of financial assistance is being offered? How will the scholars be selected? The answers to all these questions are covered in this article. Read further to get in-depth information about the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022.
- Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – An Overview
- Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Key Dates
- Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
- Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Award Details
- Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Application Process
- Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Documents Required
- Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Selection Criteria
- Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – About Kotak Mahindra Group
- Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Kotak Education Foundation
- Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Contact Details
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – An Overview
The Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 is meant for those meritorious girl students who aspire to pursue professional graduation courses or professional courses pursued along with a graduation course from institutes of repute (NAAC/NBA/UGC accredited) after Class 12. The selected scholars under this scholarship will receive scholarships to pay their academic expenses till the completion of their graduation (degree).
The professional graduation (degree) courses include Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Designing, Specialised Commerce, Finance and Computer courses or professional courses pursued alongside graduation like CA, CS, CFA, CWA, LLB. The table given below highlights a detailed overview of the scholarship for your reference.
Detailed Overview of Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021
|Name of the Scholarship||Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022|
|Provider Detail||Collaborative CSR Project of Kotak Mahindra Group companies, implemented by Kotak Education Foundation|
|Eligibility||Girl students pursuing professional graduation courses after Class 12|
|Scholarship Amount||Up to INR 1.5 lakh* per year
*Terms and Conditions apply.
|Application Mode||Online through Buddy4Study portal|
|Application Timeline#||Between August and September|
# The application timeline mentioned above is tentative and may change on the discretion of the provider.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Key Dates
Dates play a crucial role when it comes to any scholarship application. Before heading on to know more about the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022, you must keep note of its important dates. The applications for this scholarship started in the month of August and will continue till December. The last date to apply for this scholarship is January 15, 2023. Girl students who find themselves eligible for this scholarship can apply for it before its deadline passes away.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
To avail benefits under this scholarship, the applicants are required to fulfil the following eligibility conditions –
- Open for girl students across India.
- Meritorious girl students who have secured admission to first year graduation programme from institutes of repute (NAAC/NBA/UGC accredited) for professional academic pursuits such as professional graduate courses like Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Designing, Specialised Commerce, Finance and Computer courses or professional courses pursued alongside graduation like CA, CS, CFA, CWA, LLB.
- Applicants must have scored 75% or more marks or equivalent CGPA in standard 12th board examinations.
- Applicant’s annual family income must be Rs. 3.20 lakh (Rupees three lakh twenty thousand) or less.
- Children of employees of Kotak Mahindra Group, Kotak Education Foundation & Buddy4Study are not eligible to apply for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Award Details
The scholars selected under the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 will receive scholarship of up to INR 1.5 lakh* per year till completion of their professional graduation courses/degrees. The scholarship amount can be utilised only to cover academic expenses, including tuition fees, hostel fees (applicable only for on-campus hostel), internet, laptop, books, stationery.
*Disclaimer: Terms and Conditions apply. Scholarship selection and amount is based on fulfilment of the eligibility criteria and will be at discretion of the Kotak Education Foundation.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Application Process
The applications for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 can be made online through Buddy4Study portal. Upon finding yourself eligible, the applicants can apply for this scholarship by following the simple steps given below –
Step 1: Visit the scholarship page of Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022.
Step 2: Read all the details carefully and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button under the ‘How can you apply?’ section to proceed.
Step 3: Login to Buddy4Study using registered ID to land onto the ‘Online Application Form Page’. If not registered, please register using an Email/Mobile/Facebook/Gmail account.
Step 4: A separate application instruction page will open. Read the instructions carefully and click on the ‘Start Application’ button.
Step 5: Fill in all the required details in the application form and upload all relevant documents.
Step 6: Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on the ‘Preview’ button to check if all the details filled are correctly showing or not.
Step 7: If all the details in the preview are correct, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Documents Required
While applying for the Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022, the applicants need to attach a certain set of documents in support of their application. These documents are generally related to identity proof, academic qualification, income proof and bank details. The key documents that one must prepare before applying for this scholarship include –
- Mark sheet of previous qualifying examination (Class 12)
- Fee structure (for academic year 2022-23)
- Bonafide student certificate/letter from college
- College seat allocation document
- Income proof of parents/guardians
- ITR of parents for FY 2021-22 (if available)
- Aadhaar card
- Bank passbook
- A passport size photograph
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Death certificate of parent (for single parent/orphan candidates
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Selection Criteria
The selection of scholars for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 will be based on the academic merit and financial background of applicants.
The selection is a multi-stage process as detailed below –
- Initial shortlisting of applicants will be based on their academic merit and financial background
- Top performing (girl) students will appear for two (2) rounds of interviews
- The final selection and the awarding of scholarship will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – About Kotak Mahindra Group
Established in 1985, Kotak Mahindra Group is one of India’s leading financial services conglomerates. In February 2003, Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd. (KMFL), the Group’s flagship company, received banking license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), becoming the first non-banking finance company in India to convert into a bank – Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd (KMBL).
Kotak Mahindra Group (Group) offers a wide range of financial services that encompass every sphere of life. From commercial banking, to stock broking, mutual funds, life and general insurance and investment banking, the Group caters to the diverse financial needs of individuals and the corporate sector. The premise of Kotak Mahindra Group’s business model is concentrated India, diversified financial services. The bold vision that underscores the Group’s growth is an inclusive one, with a host of products and services designed to address the needs of the unbanked and insufficiently banked. As on 30th June, 2021, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd has a national footprint of 1,612 branches and 2,591 ATMs, and branches in GIFT City and DIFC (Dubai). For more information, please visit the Company’s website at https://www.kotak.com.
The following Kotak Mahindra Group Companies are collaboratively funding their CSR Project on Education & Livelihood – Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021, which is being implemented with Kotak Education Foundation
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC)
- Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited (KMCCL)
- Kotak Mahindra Investments Limited (KMIL)
- Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited (KMPL)
- Kotak Mahindra Trustee Company Limited (KMTCL)
- Kotak Infrastructure Debt Fund Limited (KIDFL)
- Kotak Securities Limited (KSL)
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Kotak Education Foundation
Kotak Education Foundation (KEF) was established on 14th January, 2007 with a mission to address urban poverty through education & livelihood initiatives. KEF works in the impoverished areas of Mumbai – slums of Deonar, Govandi Chembur, Kurla, Dharavi, etc to empower children and youth from the underprivileged families through various education and vocational skills training initiatives to make them employable and lead a life with dignity. KEF’s scholarship for meritorious students includes financial assistance, mentoring and coaching sessions to assist the 10th pass, complete 12th and graduation. Further, school dropouts are provided support to rise above the poverty line through skilling and livelihood programmes. KEF is working with 140 plus schools, serving over 1,500 teachers and about one lakh students.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 – Contact Details
If you have any query related to the scholarship, its eligibility, application process, selection criteria, and documents required, feel free to reach out through contact details given below –
Phone: 011-430-92248 (Ext: 262)
To read this article in Hindi, please click here