Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Kotak Kanya Scholarship is a collaborative CSR Project on Education & Livelihood of Kotak Mahindra Group companies, which is being implemented with Kotak Education Foundation – Kotak Kanya Scholarship will financially support meritorious girl students from underprivileged sections of the society to enable them to pursue higher education after passing out 12th standard.
Under Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021, girl students who aspire to pursue professional graduation courses or professional courses pursued along with a graduation course from institute of repute (NAAC/NBA/UGC accredited) after 12th standard will be provided scholarship to pay their academic expenses till the completion of their graduation (degree). The professional graduation (degree) courses include Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Designing, Specialised Commerce, Finance and Computer courses or professional courses pursued alongside graduation like CA, CS, CFA, CWA, LLB.
About Kotak Mahindra Group
Established in 1985, Kotak Mahindra Group is one of India's leading financial services conglomerates. In February 2003, Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd. (KMFL), the Group's flagship company, received banking license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), becoming the first non-banking finance company in India to convert into a bank - Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd (KMBL).
Kotak Mahindra Group (Group) offers a wide range of financial services that encompass every sphere of life. From commercial banking, to stock broking, mutual funds, life and general insurance and investment banking, the Group caters to the diverse financial needs of individuals and the corporate sector. The premise of Kotak Mahindra Group’s business model is concentrated India, diversified financial services. The bold vision that underscores the Group’s growth is an inclusive one, with a host of products and services designed to address the needs of the unbanked and insufficiently banked. As on 30th June, 2021, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd has a national footprint of 1,612 branches and 2,591 ATMs, and branches in GIFT City and DIFC (Dubai). For more information, please visit the Company’s website at https://www.kotak.com
The following Kotak Mahindra Group Companies are collaboratively funding their CSR Project on Education & Livelihood – Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021, which is being implemented with Kotak Education Foundation
● Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC)
● Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited (KMCCL)
● Kotak Mahindra Investments Limited (KMIL)
● Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited (KMPL)
● Kotak Mahindra Trustee Company Limited (KMTCL)
● Kotak Infrastructure Debt Fund Limited (KIDFL)
● Kotak Securities Limited (KSL)
About Kotak Education Foundation
Kotak Education Foundation (KEF) was established on 14th January, 2007 with a mission to address urban poverty through education & livelihood initiatives. KEF works in the impoverished areas of Mumbai - slums of Deonar, Govandi Chembur, Kurla, Dharavi, etc to empower children and youth from the underprivileged families through various education and vocational skills training initiatives to make them employable and lead a life with dignity. KEF’s scholarship for meritorious students includes financial assistance, mentoring and coaching sessions to assist the 10th pass, complete 12th and graduation. Further, school dropouts are provided support to rise above the poverty line through skilling and livelihood programmes. KEF is working with 140 plus schools, serving over 1,500 teachers and about one lakh students.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021
- Open for girl students across India.
- Meritorious girl students who have secured admission to first year graduation programme from institutes of repute (NAAC/NBA/UGC accredited) for professional academic pursuits such as professional graduate courses like Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Designing, Specialised Commerce, Finance and Computer courses or professional courses pursued alongside graduation like CA, CS, CFA, CWA, LLB.
- Applicants must have scored 75% or more marks or equivalent CGPA in standard 12th board examinations.
- Applicant's annual family income must be Rs. 3 lakh (Rupees Three lakh) or less.
- Children of employees of Kotak Mahindra Group, Kotak Education Foundation & Buddy4Study are not eligible to apply for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021.
Scholarship of up to Rs. 1 lakh* per year will be given to the selected scholars till completion of their professional graduation courses/degrees. The scholarship amount under Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 can be utilised only to cover academic expenses, including tuition fees, hostel fees (applicable only for on-campus hostel), internet, laptop, books, stationery.
*Disclaimer: Terms and Conditions Apply. Scholarship selection and amount is based on fulfilment of the eligibility criteria and will be at the discretion of the Kotak Education Foundation.
- Mark sheet of previous qualifying examination (Class 12)
- Current academic year fee receipt/bonafide letter/ID card
- Admission letter/offer letter
- Income proof of parents/guardians
- Aadhaar card
- Bank details and documents
- Passport size photograph
How can you apply?
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered on 'Buddy4Study' - Register at 'Buddy4Study' with your Email/Mobile/Facebook/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
011-430-92248 (Ext: 262) (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 6PM)firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021?
The selection of scholars for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 will be made on the basis of the academic merit and financial background of applicants.
The selection is a multi-stage process as detailed below –
- Initial shortlisting of applicants will be based on their academic merit, financial background and personal challenges (crisis, orphan, single parent child, disability, etc.)
- Top performing (girl) students will appear for two (2) rounds of interviews
- The final selection and the awarding of scholarship will be at the sole discretion of the Kotak Education Foundation
Will Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 be renewed only for one year or more than one year?
The scholarship will be operational and run through till the completion of the girl student’s professional graduation degree or professional courses pursued alongside graduation. However, for the scholarship renewal in the successive years, the scholars must fulfil the following renewal criteria:
- No dropout (from regular academic sessions)
- No disciplinary issues
- Academic performance should always be more than 6 Grade Point Average (GPA) or over 70% or equivalent
- The renewal of the scholarship every year will be at the sole discretion of the Kotak Education Foundation
If selected for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021, how will the selected scholar receive the scholarship fund?
The scholarship amount of Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021 will be transferred on an annual basis to the selected scholar’s bank account. The parent or guardian’s bank account will be credited with the scholarship fund in case the selected student is still a minor at the time of selection of scholarship. From the date the scholar turns eighteen (18), the scholarship amount will be transferred into the scholar's account.
Further, at the beginning of each semester, the scholar must upload the following documents in the online scholar’s performance tracking system.
- Fee receipts of every academic year that they have progressed to next academic year
- Academic marksheet of every semester exam that they have passed
- The renewal of the scholarship every year will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation.
I am currently studying in the first year of my graduation and the stream is one of the eligible courses under Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2021. Can I apply for this scholarship?
Yes, you can apply for this scholarship if you fulfil all the other eligibility conditions specified and provided you have already taken admission to 1st year in the academic year 2021-22.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
I have passed 12 th in 2020-2021. But my graduation admissions not yet started how should i give my graduation details?
Asked by Prathyushna Thota on 19-Oct-2021
Dimple Thapa on 20-Oct-2021
You can apply with the remaining details as instructed in the application form.
Asked by Namrata Sharma on 19-Oct-2021
Dimple Thapa on 20-Oct-2021
The scholarship is for those who have enrolled in any professional courses.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more