Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Kotak Kanya Scholarship is a collaborative CSR Project on Education & Livelihood of Kotak Mahindra Group companies, which is being implemented with Kotak Education Foundation – Kotak Kanya Scholarship will financially support meritorious girl students from underprivileged sections of the society to enable them to pursue higher education after passing out 12th standard.
Under Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022, girl students who aspire to pursue professional graduation courses from institute of repute (NAAC/NIRF accredited) after 12th standard will be provided scholarship to pay their academic expenses till the completion of their graduation (degree). The professional graduation (degree) courses include Engineering, MBBS, Architecture, Design, integrated LLB, etc.
About Kotak Mahindra Group
Established in 1985, Kotak Mahindra Group is one of India's leading financial services conglomerates. In February 2003, Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd. (KMFL), the Group's flagship company, received banking license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), becoming the first non-banking finance company in India to convert into a bank - Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd (KMBL).
Kotak Mahindra Group (Group) offers a wide range of financial services that encompass every sphere of life. From commercial banking, to stock broking, mutual funds, life and general insurance and investment banking, the Group caters to the diverse financial needs of individuals and the corporate sector. The premise of Kotak Mahindra Group’s business model is concentrated India, diversified financial services. The bold vision that underscores the Group’s growth is an inclusive one, with a host of products and services designed to address the needs of the unbanked and insufficiently banked. As on 30th June, 2021, Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd has a national footprint of 1,612 branches and 2,591 ATMs, and branches in GIFT City and DIFC (Dubai). For more information, please visit the Company’s website at https://www.kotak.com
The following Kotak Mahindra Group Companies are collaboratively funding their CSR Project on Education & Livelihood – Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022, which is being implemented with Kotak Education Foundation
● Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC)
● Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited (KMCCL)
● Kotak Mahindra Investments Limited (KMIL)
● Kotak Mahindra Prime Limited (KMPL)
● Kotak Mahindra Trustee Company Limited (KMTCL)
● Kotak Infrastructure Debt Fund Limited (KIDFL)
● Kotak Securities Limited (KSL)
About Kotak Education Foundation
Kotak Education Foundation (KEF) was established on 14th January, 2007 with a mission to address urban poverty through education & livelihood initiatives. KEF works in the impoverished areas of Mumbai - slums of Deonar, Govandi Chembur, Kurla, Dharavi, etc to empower children and youth from the underprivileged families through various education and vocational skills training initiatives to make them employable and lead a life with dignity. KEF’s scholarship for meritorious students includes financial assistance, mentoring and coaching sessions to assist the 10th pass, complete 12th and graduation. Further, school dropouts are provided support to rise above the poverty line through skilling and livelihood programmes. KEF is working with 140 plus schools, serving over 1,500 teachers and about one lakh students.
Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022
- Open for girl students across India.
- Meritorious girl students who have secured admission to first year graduation programme from institutes of repute (NAAC accredited/NIRF ranked) for professional academic pursuits such as professional graduate courses like Engineering, MBBS, Architecture, Design, integrated LLB, etc.
- Applicants must have scored 85% or more marks or equivalent CGPA in standard 12th board examinations.
- Applicant’s annual family income must be Rs 3,20,000 (Rupees Three Lakh Twenty Thousand) or less.
- Children of employees of Kotak Mahindra Group, Kotak Education Foundation & Buddy4Study are not eligible to apply for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022.
Scholarship amount of up to Rs. 1.5 lakh* per year will be given to each selected scholar till completion of her professional graduation courses/degrees. The scholarship amount under Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 can be utilized only to cover academic expenses, including tuition fees, hostel fees (applicable only for on-campus hostel), internet, laptop, books, and stationery.
*Disclaimer: Terms and Conditions Apply. Scholarship selection and amount is based on fulfilment of the eligibility criteria and will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation.
- Mark sheet of previous qualifying examination (Class 12)
- Fee structure (for academic year 2022-23)
- Bonafide student certificate/letter from college
- College seat allocation document
- Income proof of parents/guardians
- ITR of parents for FY 2021-22 (if available)
- Aadhaar card
- Bank passbook
- A passport-size photograph
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Death certificate of parent (for single parent/orphan candidates)
How can you apply?
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study using a registered ID to land onto the ‘Online Application Form Page’.
- If not registered - Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online scholarship application form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Previous Year Scholarships And Results
In case of any queries, please reach out to:
011-430-92248 (Ext: 262) (Monday to Friday - 10:00AM to 6PM)firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022?
The selection of scholars for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 will be based on the academic merit and financial background of applicants.
The selection is a multi-stage process as detailed below –
- Initial shortlisting of applicants will be based on their academic merit and financial background
- Top performing (girl) students will appear for two (2) rounds of interviews
- The final selection and the awarding of scholarship will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation
Will Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 be renewed only for one year or more than one year?
The scholarship will be operational and run through till the completion of the girl student’s professional graduation degree. However, for the scholarship renewal in the successive years, the scholars must fulfil the following renewal criteria:
- No dropout (from regular academic sessions)
- No disciplinary issues
- Students should receive the cut-off marks for renewal of scholarship. The criteria to be decided by Kotak Education Foundation.
- The renewal of the scholarship every year will be at the sole discretion of Kotak Education Foundation
If selected for Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022, how will the selected scholar receive the scholarship fund?
The scholarship amount of Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022 will be transferred on an annual basis to the selected scholar’s bank account. The parent or guardian’s bank account will be credited with the scholarship fund in case the selected student is still a minor at the time of selection of scholarship. From the date the scholar turns eighteen (18), the scholarship amount will be transferred into the scholar's account.
Further, at the beginning of each semester, the scholar must upload the following documents in the online scholar’s performance tracking system.
- Fee structure and fee receipts of each academic year that they have progressed to next academic year
- Academic marksheet of every semester exam that they have passed
- The renewal of the scholarship every year will be at the discretion of Kotak Education Foundation.
I am currently studying in the first year of my graduation and the stream is one of the eligible courses under Kotak Kanya Scholarship 2022. Can I apply for this scholarship?
Yes, you can apply for this scholarship if you fulfil the rest of the eligibility conditions and provided you have been admitted to 1st year in the academic year 2022-23.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by PRATYUSHA SARKAR on 22-Jul-2022
Asked by KOMATI SAI LAKSHMI PRASANNA on 03-Jun-2022
s akhil on 13-Jun-2022
Once you have submitted your scholarship application, you can track its application status online by logging into the user dashboard of its respective portal. Furthermore, you will be notified about the selection via email or SMS, if selected.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more