The ‘Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme’ has been launched by the Rajasthan Government. It aims to provide computer and skill development training to girls and women from Rajasthan who are between 16 and 45 years.
Under this initiative, participants will have the opportunity to enroll in various training programs such as the Rajasthan State Certificate Course in Information Technology (RS-CIT), Rajasthan State Certificate Course in Financial Accounting (RS-CFA), and Rajasthan State Certificate Course in Spoken English and Personality Development (RS-CSEP) free of cost.
Students are advised to go through the complete article to get detailed information on the eligibility criteria, application deadlines, and application procedure for all three courses included under this scheme.
Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme – Overview
|Name of the Scheme||Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme|
|Launched By||Rajasthan Government|
|Name of the Course||a) RS-CIT – Rajasthan State Certificate Course in Information Technology
b) RS-CFA – Rajasthan State Certificate Course in Financial Accounting
c) RS-CSEP – Rajasthan State Certificate Course in Spoken English and Personality Development
|Beneficiaries||Girls and Women of Rajasthan|
|Duration of Training||3 Months (132 hours)|
|Training Fees||Not Applicable (Free)|
Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme – Course Details
- The scheme welcomes applications from women of all categories, including housewives, adolescents, girls, self-help group members, college students, and women from economically disadvantaged minority groups.
- The course training will be provided through Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited.
- The RS-CIT course has a training duration of 132 hours, which is equivalent to 3 months.
- Women between 16 and 40 years of age are eligible to apply for this course.
- Age of the applicants will be calculated from January 1, 2023.
- Applicants for the RS-CIT free course must have passed 10th standard .
- Priority will be given to widows, divorced individuals, abandoned women, and those affected by domestic violence.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit list prepared by Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited (RKCL).
- Selected candidates will receive training at IT knowledge centres chosen by the Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited.
- Trainee attendance will be recorded using a biometric machine, and a minimum of 65% biometric attendance is mandatory for the trainees.
- To pass the RS-CIT exam, candidates must score a minimum of 40%.
- Selected trainees, chosen by the district-level committees, will receive training from Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited based on their chosen IT knowledge domain.
- Of the allocated seats, 18% are reserved for Scheduled Castes (SC) and 14% for Scheduled Tribes (ST).
Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme – Duration of Courses
The duration of the training courses offered under the Rajasthan free computer course scheme is tabulated as follows:
|Rajasthan State Certificate Course in Information Technology (RS-CIT)||3 months or 132 hours|
|Rajasthan State Certificate Course in Financial Accounting (RS-CFA)||100 hours (2 hours per day, 5 days a week)|
|Rajasthan State Certificate Course in Spoken English and Personality Development (RS-CSEP)||130 hours (2 hours per day, 5 days a week)|
Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme – Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for the Rajasthan free RS-CIT course scheme 2023 are as follows:
- It is applicable to only female candidates who must be a resident of Rajasthan.
- Applicants must have passed the 10th standard exam.
- Candidates with higher education qualifications can also apply.
- It is applicable to only female candidates who must be a resident of Rajasthan.
- Applicants must have passed the 12th standard exam.
- Age of the candidate should be between 16 to 40 years as of January 1st in the year of application.
- Female candidates must be residents of Rajasthan.
- The minimum educational qualification required is passing the 12th standard.
- The candidate’s age should be between 16 to 45 years as of January 1st in the application year.
Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme – Documents Required
For age verification, the following documents are required:
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Undergraduation mark sheet if the candidate is a post graduate
For widow applicants, the following documents are required:
- Proof of the husband’s death (Death Certificate)
- In the case of divorce, a divorce decree
- In the case of abandonment, an affidavit of abandonment
For cases of violence against women:
- FIR (First Information Report) copy
- Domestic Incident Report under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act 2005
- Documents of Mahila Salah Evam Suraksha Kendra (MSSK)
- Documents related to filing a case with the Aparajita (One-Stop Crisis Management Centre for Women)
For cases involving Scheduled Castes and Tribes:
- Caste certificate for Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST)
Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme – Application Process
Interested candidates can apply on the official website of the department. Step-by-step application procedures are as follows:
1. Applicants should visit the official website of the scheme at www.myrkcl.com/wcdnew.
2. On the homepage, candidates must enter ‘Janadhaar Number’ and the ‘CAPTCHA code’.
3. After successfully adding the details, click on the ‘Get Details’ option.
4. An OTP (One-Time Password) will be sent to the applicant’s registered mobile number.
5. Applicants should enter the OTP number and click on the ‘Confirm’ option.
6. Subsequently, the application form for the scheme will become accessible.
7. Applicants should carefully complete the form by providing the required information according to the provided guidelines.
8. After uploading the necessary documents, submit the form.
Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme – Benefits
- The scheme offers free training in RS-CIT, RS-CFS-GST, Tally, and RS-CSEP courses to women and girls in Rajasthan.
- The Rajasthan Government fully covers the cost of these courses provided under the scheme.
- The courses cover a wide range of computer knowledge, including computer hardware, software, and internet-related topics.
- Upon completion of the RSCIT course, candidates will need to take an exam administered by the Department of Information Technology and Communication (DOIT & C), Government of Rajasthan, and successful candidates will receive a certificate.
- The RS-CIT certificate is a crucial requirement for job eligibility in computer-related positions within the Rajasthan government.
- Women undertaking the RS-CIT course can acquire skills such as booking online train/bus/movie tickets and becoming acquainted with E-Mitra/SSO IDs, among other capabilities.
- This opportunity is open to various groups of individuals in Rajasthan, including expectant mothers, young girls, members of self-help groups, students, and women from BPL minority communities.
Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme – FAQs
What is the Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme?
The Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme is a government initiative. It is aimed at empowering women by providing them with training and skill development opportunities to enhance their employability and economic independence.
Is there any financial assistance provided to participants during the training programs?
The Department of Women and Child Development, Rajasthan, will provide financial support in two phases. The initial instalment of ₹2700 will be disbursed upon the successful completion of the RS-CIT course. The remaining 50% of the funds will be released after having achieved a minimum attendance of 65% and successfully passed the examination.
Which type of skill development programs are covered under the RS-CIT course scheme?
The scheme covers a wide range of training and skill development programs, including vocational training, entrepreneurship development, and more. Details are available on the official website.
Which type of skill sets are trained in the computer training courses offered under this scheme?
The training courses typically cover basic to advanced computer skills, including MS Office applications, internet usage, and more.
What is the objective behind launching the Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme?
The objective of the Indira Mahila Shakti Training and Skill Promotion Scheme is to provide free computer training to women and girl applicants. Those applicants who want to pursue computer courses but face financial constraints due to their household circumstances, can avail the benefits under this scheme.
What are the list of documents needed by a candidate to avail the benefits of the scheme?
To avail the benefits under the scheme, applicants will need documents such as their mobile number, Aadhaar card, residence proof, divorce certificate, bank account details, PAN card, and others.