ePASS Karnataka, also known as KARePASS is a dedicated Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships. It is presented by the Department of Backward Classes Welfare, Government of Karnataka. The portal looks after the online disbursement of post-matric scholarships to students who are the domiciles of Karnataka state.
The key objective behind introducing the ePASS Karnataka portal is to ensure the educational upliftment of students of the state. It links all treasury, welfare departments, colleges, banks and SSLC (Secondary Schools Leaving Certificate) database together to ensure hassle-free disbursal of the scholarships.
Read on this article to know more about the key features of the portal, the schemes listed on it, their eligibility criteria, application process, and key statistics.
ePASS Karnataka – A General Overview
|Name of Portal
|ePASS Karnataka Portal
|Government of Karnataka
|Number of Scholarships
|Up to 3,500 per annum
|Last Date to Apply
|To be announced
|How to Apply
ePASS Karnataka – Key Features
In order to ease out the process of inviting applications for the scholarships and disbursing them, the ePASS Karnataka portal was created. Focusing majorly on Post-Matric Scholarships, the portal boasts of the following features that turn out to be useful for the users.
- Provision to know your application number: The students, who do not remember their scholarship application number can search for it using this facility on the portal. They need to provide certain details like SSLC examination number, year of passing SSLC, SSLC pass type and date of birth.
- Check the application status: This feature allows the users to track the real-time status of the scholarship application by providing details like application number, academic year, SSLC pass type, year of passing SSLC, SSLC registration number and date of birth.
- Track hostel application status: Know the status of your hostel application online through this portal by providing your application number and date of birth.
- Prathibha Acknowledgement: Download the acknowledgement receipt of Pratibha Puraskar Scholarship through this feature by either providing applicant reference number or other required details.
ePASS Karnataka – Student Services
ePASS Karnataka – Schemes Listed
The ePASS Karnataka portal enlists various schemes offered by the Department of Backward Classes Welfare for students studying at different levels of education and belonging to Backward Classes. The key schemes which are available on the portal include the following –
- Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) Scheme
- Food & Accommodation Scholarship (FAAS) Scheme
- Fee Concession (FC) Scheme
Besides these schemes, the portal also processes the applications for Pre-Matric Scholarships and Vidyasiri scheme.
ePASS Karnataka – Scholarship Eligibility & Awards
If a student is a permanent resident of Karnataka state and belong to the Backward Classes, they are eligible to apply for the scholarship schemes available on ePASS Karnataka portal. Furthermore, refer to the table for detailed information about each scholarship scheme.
Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS)
- Students studying at post-matriculation level of education
- Annual family income should be less than INR 1.50 Lakhs (for Category 1) and INR 2 Lakhs (for 2A, 3A and 3B categories)
Scholarship up to INR 3,500 per annum
Food & Accommodation Scholarship (FAAS)
- Students studying at post-matric level in Government/ Government-aided/ housing colleges
- Annual family income should be less than INR 2.50 Lakhs (for category 1) and INR 5 Lakhs (for 2A, 3A and 3B categories)
INR 1,500 per month for 10 months
Fee Concession (FC) Scheme
- Students pursuing post-graduate courses can apply
- Annual family income should be below INR 1 Lakh (for category 1) and INR 2.50 Lakhs (for 2A, 3A and 3B categories)
Training Fee, Laboratory Fee, Sports Fee, and Readers Charge up to INR 1,750 per annum
ePASS Karnataka – Statistics
For a better understanding review the statistics given below. It include the number of applications received for different schemes at ePASS Karnataka portal every year, total students receive benefits, and more.
Key Statistics for PMS at ePASS Karnataka*
Key Statistics for FC Scheme at ePASS Karnataka*
Key Statistics for FAAS at ePASS Karnataka*
*The numbers have been taken from the MIS Report available on the ePASS Karnataka portal’s official website.
ePASS Karnataka – Application Process
The procedure to apply for each scholarship on the portal is simple and easy. The students qualifying the eligibility criteria for any of the scholarship can apply online through the steps mentioned below. Depending on the application timeline for each scholarship, the application page remains open for a specified timeline only.
- Visit the official website of KARePASS
- Look-up for the scholarship notification and check application guidelines thoroughly
- Applicant must register their name on the portal
- Fill in all required details in the application form and upload all supporting documents
- Submit the application form
ePASS Karnataka – Contact Details
In case, you come across any queries related to the scholarship or its application, feel free to contact the provider at below-mentioned address –
Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department
No. 16/D, 3rd Floor, Devraj Urs Bhavan,
Millers Tank Bed Road, Vasanth Nagar,
Bangalore – 560052.
ePASS Karnataka – FAQs
✔️ How can a student get ePASS Karnataka scholarship?
The students who find themselves eligible for any scholarship available on ePASS Karnataka can apply for it online only. Once the application is live, the students will be able to access the scholarship application online through ePASS portal.
✔️ What is ePASS scholarship?
ePASS Karnataka scholarships are the scholarships offered by the Department of Backward Classes Welfare for the students who are domiciled in Karnataka. This is a broad term that combines various scholarship schemes namely, Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS), Fee Concession (FC) Scheme and Food & Accommodation Scholarship (FAAS).
✔️ Who can apply for ePASS Karnataka scholarship?
Each scholarship scheme comes with a different set of eligibility conditions to be fulfilled. However, the key condition that a student must fulfil for any ePASS Karnataka scholarship is that the students must be the domicile of Karnataka.
✔️ How can a student check the status of Vidyasiri scholarship?
In order to check the status of Vidyasiri scholarship application, the students need to visit the official website of ePASS Karnataka and click on the 'Application Status' tab under the 'Student Services' section.
✔️ What are the benefits covered under Fee Concession scheme?
Under the fee concession scheme available at ePASS Karnataka, the selected students will receive Training Fee, Laboratory Fee, Sports Fee, and Readers Charge up to INR 1,750 per annum.