Dr Ambedkar Scholarship, Chandigarh is a centrally-sponsored scheme which is executed by the Education Department of Chandigarh Administration. Run with the objective of financially helping the students of Economically Backward Class (EBC), Dr Ambedkar Scholarship of Chandigarh is specifically for post matric level students who are the bonafide citizens of the Union Territory of Chandigarh. The scholarship generally remains active during the months of September to December every year.
In this article, we are going to cover all the details regarding Dr Ambedkar Scholarship of Chandigarh. The details include the application period, scholarship amount, eligibility criteria, application procedure and more. Find a brief account of all these details in the table given below.
Brief Details of Dr Ambedkar Scholarship, Chandigarh
|1.||Objective||The main objective of Dr Ambedkar scholarship is to provide monetary assistance to EBC students of Chandigarh at the post-matriculation level so that they could complete their education.|
|3.||Application period*||September to December|
* The application period mentioned above is tentative and subject to change as per the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Dr Ambedkar Scholarship, Chandigarh – Key Date
As we have already mentioned above, the application period of this scholarship falls between the months of September and December every year. In the year 2018, the last date to apply for the scholarship is 31 December 2018.
Dr Ambedkar Scholarship, Chandigarh – Awards
Under Dr Ambedkar scholarship for Chandigarh, the selected students of EBC category receive a scholarship for the complete duration of their course provided they fulfil all the terms and conditions that are required for the renewal of scholarship. Find the complete details of the Ambedkar scholarship in the table given below.
Award Details of Dr Ambedkar Scholarship of Chandigarh
|Group A which includes
|Group B which includes
|Group C includes all those courses that are not covered under Group A & B, and which lead to a graduate degree like BA/B.Sc./B.Com. etc.||
|Group D includes all post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which the minimum qualification is class 10 such as Class 11 & 12, both general & vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year Diploma courses, Polytechnic, etc.||
Besides the fees and charges mentioned above, the selected candidates receive enrolment/ registration, tuition, games, union, library, magazine, medical examination and various other fees that are compulsorily paid to the institution or university/board by the scholar. However, refundable deposits like caution money, security deposits are not included in the scholarship.
Note: If a student is pursuing studies through correspondence, then he/she becomes eligible for the reimbursement of non-refundable fee and an annual allowance of INR 900 for essential/prescribed books.
Get to know about more Chandigarh scholarships by clicking here.
Dr Ambedkar Scholarship, Chandigarh – Eligibility
To be eligible for a scholarship, candidates need to fulfil certain terms and conditions. One such condition in case of Dr Ambedkar scholarship of Chandigarh is that the candidates must be the permanent residents of the Union Territory of Chandigarh. Find the detailed eligibility criteria of Ambedkar scholarship highlighted below.
- The applicants must belong to the Economically Backward Class (EBC) of Chandigarh. They must be of General category other than SC, ST and OBC.
- The annual family income of the candidates must not be more than INR 1 Lakh from all sources.
- The candidates must be pursuing post-matriculation courses from any recognised institutions.
- The applicants who after completing one stage of education like B.Com. are studying in the same stage such as B.Arch., are ineligible for the scholarship.
- Also, the candidates who are pursuing PG courses in medicine can avail the scholarship benefits if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
Dr Ambedkar Scholarship, Chandigarh – Application Process
If you are eligible for Dr Ambedkar Scholarship, Chandigarh, you can apply for it through the offline mode. Follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the Ambedkar scholarship.
Step 1: First, the applicants need to visit the official website of Chandigarh Education Department and download the scholarship application form.
Step 2: Fill in all the required details.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents with the completed application form.
Step 4: Now, the applicants must send the completed form along with all the required documents to the address mentioned below.
Director of Higher Education
Additional Deluxe Building
U.T Sector-9 D, Chandigarh
Dr Ambedkar Scholarship, Chandigarh – Key Documents
Since the Ambedkar scholarship scheme of Chandigarh follows offline application process, the candidates must make sure that they have the copy of all the necessary documents with them before they fill the scholarship application form. Highlighted below is the list of important documents that a student needs to attach with the completed form of Dr Ambedkar Scholarship, Chandigarh.
- Copy of mark sheet of class 10/12/Others
- Copy of annual family income certificate for the current financial year in the prescribed format issued by Tehsildar
- Copy of certificate issued by the competent authority in case of differently-abled candidate (PH candidate) (if applicable)
- Copy of annual charges / all non-refundable fee receipt
- Copy of Bank Pass Book showing the name of the student, account number, IFSC code and photograph
- Copy of student’s Aadhaar card
- Certificate issued by the Director/ Principal / Head of the Institute
- Declaration by Parents