E-Kalyan is a renowned online scholarship portal of Jharkhand run by Scheduled Tribe, Scheduled Caste, Minority and Backward Class Welfare Department, Government of Jharkhand. The portal not only enlists the scholarships provided by the department but also invites applications from eligible students every year. The key objective behind the e-Kalyan portal is to achieve transparency and accountability in scholarship implementation and disbursement. It also speeds up the process of processing applications, sanctioning and disbursement of the scholarships.
Which are the schemes available on the e-Kalyan portal? When can you apply for these scholarships? How can you apply for the scholarships through e-Kalyan? What are the necessary documents required for the application? Get the answer to all these questions in this article. It covers every significant aspect of the portal including the list of scholarships, their eligibility, the application process, documents required and more.
Latest Update: The applications for Post-Matric (Within State & Outside State) scholarships 2019-20 are open. The last date to apply is 14th November 2019. Apply now!
E-Kalyan – What it is?
The e-Kalyan portal acts as a one-stop platform for the implementation and disbursement of various scholarship schemes run by the department. The portal lists the scholarships available for SC, ST, and BC students who are studying at the post-matriculation level. It offers various features for both the students and the institutions that include –
- Easy accessibility to the scholarship information
- Hassle-free online scholarship application
- Helps the institutions to verify the scholarship application online
E-Kalyan – List of Scholarships
When a student visits the e-Kalyan portal, he/she can find a number of scholarships under three categories namely, pre-matric scholarship, post-matric (within state) scholarship and post-matric (outside state) scholarship). However, it only invites online applications for the post-matric scholarships (including both within and outside the state). The table given below highlights the list of scholarships available for SC, ST and BC students at the portal.
Detailed List of e-Kalyan Scholarships
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Application Period*|
|1.||Post-Matric (Within and Outside State) Scholarship for ST students||Between July and December|
|2.||Post-Matric (Within and Outside State) Scholarship for SC students||Between July and December|
|3.||Post-Matric (Within and Outside State) Scholarship for BC students||Between July and December|
Also Read: TOP SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STUDENTS OF JHARKHAND
E-Kalyan – Key Eligibility
Before you head on to apply for a scholarship on the e-Kalyan portal, you need to make sure that you fulfil all the prescribed eligibility criteria. The key eligibility conditions applicable to all e-Kalyan scholarships include –
- The student must be a domicile or permanent resident of Jharkhand state and belong to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) or Backward Class (BC).
- They must be studying at institutions recognised by the Government of Jharkhand/Competent authority in Jharkhand.
- The annual income of the family should not exceed INR 2.5 Lakh (for SC/ST candidates) and INR 1.5 Lakh (for BC candidates).
E-Kalyan – Step-Wise Application Process
Irrespective of the scholarship you want to apply for, the application process of all Jharkhand scholarships remains the same. What are the steps that you need to follow to apply through e-Kalyan? The answer to this question is given hereunder.
Step 1: Student Registration
- Visit the e-Kalyan portal.
- Go to ‘Student Registration’ section.
- Click on ‘Register/Sign up’ button to start the registration.
- Provide your basic personal details and register.
Step 2: Logging in to the student dashboard
- Click on student login.
- Log in by using your registered email/login name/mobile number and password.
Step 3: Filling the scholarship application
- After successful login, the students need to click on the ‘Apply Online’ button to start with the scholarship application.
- Select the scholarship you want to apply for.
- Fill in all required details such as academic details, personal details, account details, communication address and other details in the scholarship application form.
- Upload all supporting documents.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Step 4: Take the print-out of the application form
- After successful submission of the application form, the students are required to take its print out.
- Sign the form and upload it by clicking on the ‘Upload Documents Online’ button.
E-Kalyan – Application Status
Once the students have successfully submitted their online scholarship application through e-Kalyan, they can further track the actual status of their application by following the below-given steps –
Step 1: Visit the e-Kalyan portal.
Step 2: Click on ‘Student Login’.
Step 3: Log in to the dashboard using your respective login credentials.
Step 4: Click on ‘Application Status’ button.
E-Kalyan – Key Documents Required
While applying for any scholarship on the e-Kalyan portal, the students are required to attach some important documents in support of their application. It is advised to the students that they prepare the scanned copies of all supporting documents before starting the application. Also, the maximum size limit of documents upload on the e-Kalyan portal is 150 KB. The list of key documents includes –
- Photograph of the student
- Bonafide certificate along with the fee structure
- Income certificate
- Residence certificate
- Mark sheet of the previous qualifying examination
- Caste certificate
- Bank passbook
E-Kalyan – Contact Details
In case, you come across any query related to the scholarships or their application, you can reach out to the e-Kalyan portal at the contact details given below –
E-Kalyan Helpdesk Number: 040-23120591, 040-23120592, 040-23120593