Study in New Zealand– Proving its mettle in multitudes of disciplines, New Zealand has emerged as a favourite study destination for international students. Home to many prestigious international research-driven universities, New Zealand offers a diversified approach of study for students who are willing to pursue their higher education in this country. Also, the education system in this country is similar to the British model of education, which means it has worldwide recognition.
Besides its excellent education system, New Zealand also boasts of a rich geological and cultural landscape. This further opens a gateway for students to explore some spectacular rugged mountains, breath-taking glaciers, natural lakes, peaceful sandy beaches and other recreational activities.
Book your seats now for the India’s Largest Scholarship Conclave where you may get the chance to win assured scholarships and admission guidance from direct representatives of prestigious universities. India’s Largest Study Abroad Scholarship Exam and Fair is being organized on 04 May, 2019 at Leela Ambience Convention Hotel.
To know more about this read: SCHOLARSHIPS TO STUDY ABROAD: 5 REASONS YOU SHOULD NOT MISS INDIA’S LARGEST INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP EXAM AND FAIR
Sounds exciting! Right? By now, you might have made up your mind to study in New Zealand. However, before you proceed, you should read further to know every bit of information regarding education in this country.
Having all its eight universities featured in the QS World University Rankings List of 2018, New Zealand is attracting more and more international students every year. You can apply to any of these top ranked universities given below to head start your education at global level –
- University of Auckland
- University of Otago
- University of Canterbury
- Victoria University of Wellington
- University of Waikato
- Massey University
- Lincoln University
- Auckland University of Technology
Choosing a course
The leading education providers in New Zealand offer a range of courses at almost every level including graduate, postgraduate, certificate and diploma courses in the key areas of nursing, veterinary science, medicine, engineering and social work. Housing over 20 institutes of polytechnic and technology, New Zealand offers international students a number of vocational courses to hone their vocational skills.
When to apply?
Usually, the academic session functions from the month of March to November. However, some exceptions do exist. There are some courses for which the admission cycle starts in the month of July. So, while you are looking for an academic opportunity to study in New Zealand, you must not miss out the deadlines.
Download FREE e-Book Now – Top Scholarships for Study Abroad
Cost of study in New Zealand
Compared to other popular study abroad destinations such as US and UK, New Zealand is a cheaper option. Though the fees of the course, you are applying for, may vary from institution to institution, the chances are that an undergraduate level course may cost you somewhere between NZD 27,592 and NZD 72,896 while a postgraduate level course may cost between NZD 32,392 and NZD 46,787. This is an indicative amount for your convenience. Besides this, the living cost also fits within your budget costing you around NZD 20,000 to NZD 25,000 per annum.
To facilitate education on a global platform, the government of New Zealand and its universities offer a number of scholarships for international students. Here are some of the top scholarship opportunities for Indian students that you can look up for –
- New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
- New Zealand Excellence Awards
- Lincoln University Global Challenges Scholarship
- Dr. Zena Daysh Fellowship, University of Waikato
- Auckland University of Technology Doctoral Scholarship
Whether you are applying to an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program, here is a checklist of documents that you need to prepare well in hand –
- An updated resume
- A statement of purpose describing why you want to join the university/institution
- Certificates of last educational qualification
- Transcripts of marks
- Mark sheet of class 10 and 12
- At least 2 recommendation letters (as specified)
- Professional experience letters (if applicable)
- Score card of TOEFL/IELTS/PTE to prove your proficiency over English language
- Any other specified and relevant certificates
Applying for the visa
If you are planning to pursue a course with duration less than three months, you can easily visit New Zealand on a visitor visa. However, for courses that last for more than 3 months, you need to have a student visa. Applying for a student visa to study in New Zealand requires you to have the following documents prepared –
- A letter of offer of place by an approved university/institute in New Zealand
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your living expenses in the country
- Two recent passport sizes photos
- A valid passport
- Health insurance
- Medical certificates (for students pursuing courses over 12 months duration
- A certificate of good character issued by the police for students who are over 17 years of age
- A letter guaranteeing the arrangement of suitable accommodation for students who are under 18 years of age.
Get Free Counselling and Admission Assistance for your Study Abroad Dreams! Register Here